Stills of Bono on The Today Show (12/5/03)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Queen Bee

Blue Crack Addict
Please don't shoot him. He's just an intern.
Stills of Bono on The Today Show

I actually lucked out that I got this on tape. I had orginally intended on recording the Today Show yesterday morning because Tom Cruise was going to be interviewed. :reject: Since I wasn't going to be home for Tom's interview and didn't have a clue as to when he was going to be on the show, I set my VCR to record the whole thing. When I came home in the afternoon I decided to look for the Tom interview and low and behold - Bono was interviewed during the first hour. Very pleasant surprise that was. :up:

I felt it was my duty, since I have created a reputation here as the "Queen of Stills," to post, well... some stills. ;)

I also made a small animation from one of my favorite clips shown from the South Africa footage. I'll temporarily have it posted here. I sympathise with those out there who have dial-up who will have to wait for the load time; I believe it's a little over 280KB. The original was much larger at 2MB. :huh: I tried uploading it but I got disconnected twice in the process. Gotta love dial-up connections. *rolls eyes*

Enjoy, girls!

33938%3C9923232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2329%3D558%3D64%3B%3DXROQDF%3E2323478%3C8%3B369ot1lsi

33938%3C9923232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2329%3D558%3D64%3B%3DXROQDF%3E2323478%3C8%3B362ot1lsi

33938%3C9923232%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E2329%3D558%3D64%3B%3DXROQDF%3E2323478%3C8%3B357ot1lsi

33938%3C9923232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2329%3D558%3D64%3B%3DXROQDF%3E2323478%3C8%3B364ot1lsi

33938%3C9923232%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E2329%3D558%3D64%3B%3DXROQDF%3E2323478%3C8%3B359ot1lsi

33938%3C9923232%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E2329%3D558%3D64%3B%3DXROQDF%3E2323478%3C8%3B358ot1lsi

Last edited:
Hi Queen Bee
Thank you for those gorgeous pics
of Bono - SIGH........
He is looking good!
HUGS
Heather

:applaud:

YAY now i feel like I didn;t really miss it. Bono slow down buddy you're runnng yourself ragged. His hair looks a tad darker but maybe its just...artfully grungy I know my hair looks darker when it hasn;t seen shampoo for a few days.:eyebrow:

Last edited:
oh those photos with that baby are so cute. Look at the face of the baby looking at Bono. How cute.. Baby has no idea who this man is.. and how much he means to the world..

Thank you Queen Bee, those are beautiful! :love:

I like his hair darker. I have to admit, I love Bono and I love his hair, but that pic of him and Aiden Quinn somebody posted scared me into dyeing my hair. They both had what looked like very fake looking cheap goldish red hair dye (might have been the lighting) and I thought, eek, that's the color my hair has turned with the cheap dye! :yikes: So I went and bought me a darker, more subtle shade and I looked so much better and younger I got carded the next day, and I'm as old as U2!! :laugh:

But he looks GREAT and he's doing a great job!!

Queen Bee said:

I wish we had snow here in Arizona. Actually, some cold weather would be nice. We're at 73?F right now. :yuck:

Today was the first cold day we had in Tampa. The high was up until the high 70's everyday until today - the high was only 61F - brrr, but it did finally feel a little Christmasy :)

Off topic but :D : My sister and I were at Disneyworld today and we saw Clay Aiken and Regis :lmao:
They were taping the Disney "Very Merry Christmas Parade" - we saw about a minute of Clay singing "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" when we first walked in:

Me: "Do you want to watch more or go on Pirates?"

My sister: "Pirates"

Me: :yes:

Clay's okay, but well, pirates are cool :)

Last edited:
kellyahern said:

Today was the first cold day we had in Tampa. The high was up until the high 70's everyday until today - the high was only 61F - brrr, but it did finally feel a little Christmasy :)

Off topic but :D : My sister and I were at Disneyworld today and we saw Clay Aiken and Regis :lmao:
They were taping the Disney "Very Merry Christmas Parade" - we saw about a minute of Clay singing "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" when we first walked in:

Me: "Do you want to watch more or go on Pirates?"

My sister: "Pirates"

Me: :yes:

Clay's okay, but well, pirates are cool :)

Smart choice. ;)

Do you know when that will be airring? I should let my best friend's grandmother know about it. She has self-proclaimed herself as Clay's oldest American Idol groupie at 76 years old. :laugh:

Last edited:
Haha, my sister loves Clay Aiken, too. I should tell her about your friend's grandma, Queen Bee. :).

ramblin rose said:
These are great. He really looks great!!

Yeah, he does. :). Another thanks from me.

I think I'll try and watch the "Today" show each day from now on so that should Bono ever appear on there again, I won't miss it.

Originally posted by ramblin rose
I wonder if Bono is snowed in?

I was wondering the same thing! Upon hearing about the snowstorm, I was thinking, "Ooh, if Bono's still out in that area, I hope he just stays put and doesn't try flying anywhere" (course, if the airports are closed, which I'm sure they are, then never mind).

:sigh:...I so want snow. I want a snowstorm so badly...

Originally posted by u2philly
Baby has no idea who this man is.. and how much he means to the world..

Nope. But just think, one day, this child could learn about him and how his efforts to help stop the AIDS and debt and poverty crisis in Africa led to not only a better continent for this child, but a better world for everyone else as well. :).

I love the stills of him with the kids. He's so good with them, and it's an adorable thing to see.

Angela

Dark hair, light hair, mohawk, wavy, ponytail, no hair - that Bono is just TOO precious for words!!! I only wish we had some pics of Bono with his own babies :cute:

Off the topic - I wish we had gotten a piece of that blizzard here. It's amazing we didn't here in Michigan. I hate it when it's 20F, icy cold wind, and no snow. It might as well being snowing and sleeting if it's going to be that cold. :mad:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Dark hair, light hair, mohawk, wavy, ponytail, no hair - that Bono is just TOO precious for words!!! I only wish we had some pics of Bono with his own babies :cute:

Off the topic - I wish we had gotten a piece of that blizzard here. It's amazing we didn't here in Michigan. I hate it when it's 20F, icy cold wind, and no snow. It might as well being snowing and sleeting if it's going to be that cold. :mad:

LivLuv, I agree with you on everything! I'm in Buffalo NY, we haven't had more than a few inches of snow so far. It is quite depressing to have it be so cold and UGLY with out the crisp white of a fresh snowfall.

Queen Bee, Those pictures were awesome. Even more warm fuzzies for the band this week (earlier they went out to Adam for his quote about B's outside work)

PS Queen Bee - love the name, that's what hubby calls me! :ohmy:

frenchie1970 said:
PS Queen Bee - love the name, that's what hubby calls me! :ohmy:

That's actually quite adorable. :cute: How did you get the nickname?

Moonlit_Angel said:
We're getting a snowstorm right now! :dance:! About 5 inches or so on the ground, and the wind's supposed to pick up tonight. My sister's school got let out early because of it.

Hehe, I love winter. :D.

Still am in sunny upper 60's to high 70's warm weather. Darn the desert weather! :madspit:

Queen Bee said:
I wish we had snow here in Arizona. Actually, some cold weather would be nice. We're at 73?F right now. :yuck:

I'd be happy for some rain. It's so freaking dry in Phoenix my skin is cracked and bleeding and static electricity is everywhere! :mad:

Great stills! I think Bono's hair looks darker because of the lighting; his skin looks darker, too. I don't think that set was well lit. I love those pics of him with that sweet baby. He is wonderful with children; I think it's because he's a big kid at heart. :D

Queen Bee said:
Still am in sunny upper 60's to high 70's warm weather. Darn the desert weather! :madspit:

Aw, :(. That sucks.

This is why I have decided, when I move out on my own, to remain in the northern part of the U.S., where I am guaranteed to experience snow every year. :).

Originally posted by Sue DeNym
I love those pics of him with that sweet baby. He is wonderful with children; I think it's because he's a big kid at heart. :D

:yes:.

*Thinks back to the "pertaters" incident mentioned in an article last year, giggles*

Angela

Back
Top Bottom