Step right up! Birthday roll call!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by Macphisto_esq:
Also- a somewhat tenuous link here girls, but anyway, if you put the date as you seem to in the US, with the Month first, and Day second - 10/5- you get the 10th of May! Wow.

Ok so I admit it is not really that valid, but I tried!

hmmm, 15 october here.. so its 15/10 here.. 10/15 in us.. if i remove the 1 its 10/5..
year: 1983 hmm, bono's bday is 10th so 1983 - 10 = 1973.. and adam's is 13th.. 1973- 13 = 1960
biggrin.gif

Hey cool, Shirley! Thanks for looking all that stuff up. Wow, my birthday is such a historic day in U2 land.
wink.gif
Actually I went to school with a guy who was born on May 10th, and so was his father. Kind of like Bono and his daughter -- hmmm. Something about that date?

Actually, I think that Achtung came out sometime around my birthday (11/17). I know it wasn't the exact date though.

LOL Sorry about the triple post. I think everyone is now well-aware of my bday :{

------------------
"I invented cool, and YOU"RE on a boat with me."- Larry

"On security, the bodyguard of the band; the man who gave us our first job, and keeps us in our first job. On the drums- LARRY...MULLEN..JR!!!!"
-Bono introducing Larry, Boston, June 6, 2001

Dec. 5, 1969, am I the oldest person here?
eek.gif
Was that the day of the Irving Plaza show last year? I know it was the day before the Altamont disaster Rolling Stones concert when the Hell's Angels killed the dude on Dec. 6, 1969. SIGH why couldn't I have been born during Woodstock instead?!

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

Originally posted by Shirley:
[*] March 9, 1987: The Joshua Tree released

Cool!!! That was my 5th birthday!

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

21st May same as Bono's son John Abraham.
Laura.

------------------
Sometimes it is necessary to touch bottom in order to know which way is up

mine's September 23, 1977- and there are 2 pretty cool U2 connections!

September 23, 1997: U2 brings PopMart to Sarajevo

U2 performs a complete PopMart concert in Sarajevo, Bosnia, fulfilling a desire Bono first expressed in 1993 during the Zooropa tour of Europe. Bono's voice suffers through the entire show, but the crowd eagerly sings what he cannot. Edge performs an acoustic, solo version of "Sunday, Bloody Sunday" on the b-stage, starting a change in the set list that will continue for the rest of the tour. During the encore, U2 plays "Miss Sarajevo," the song they wrote two years ago for the Passengers project - it is the only time U2 has ever performed this song as a full band. Soldiers from the international NATO peace-keeping force attend the show, which is broadcast live on radio all around the world. The event garners great publicity for U2, the PopMart Tour, and the people of Sarajevo who are trying to reconstruct their city and their lives. In coming weeks, there are reports that U2's concert has raised only $13,500 for the people of Bosnia, a figure U2 defends by explaining that the show wasn't designed to raise money, and that Bono's offer to bring a stripped-down -- and less-expensive -- concert to the city was refused in favor of the full PopMart production.

September 23, 1999: Bono meets the Pope - Pope wears Bono's sunglasses

Bono and other supporters of Jubilee 2000 visit Pope John Paul II at his summer home outside Rome. During the meeting, Bono gives the Pope a book of poetry by the great Irish poet Seamus Haney. But headlines are made when Bono hands the Pope his sunglasses and the Pontiff puts them on, prompting Bono to tell the world's media that John Paul II is the world's "first funky Pontiff." (See related news story)

Mine's 10th May! Same day as Fred Astaire. I think it's also the same day as some rock star guy, I can't for the life of me think who...
wink.gif

It's the best day in the world to have a Birthday, if you ask me
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Tonight Slane Castle belongs to me" - Bono, 1st Sept 2001

Originally posted by Ally:
mine's September 23, 1977- and there are 2 pretty cool U2 connections!

September 23, 1997: U2 brings PopMart to Sarajevo

U2 performs a complete PopMart concert in Sarajevo, Bosnia, fulfilling a desire Bono first expressed in 1993 during the Zooropa tour of Europe. Bono's voice suffers through the entire show, but the crowd eagerly sings what he cannot. Edge performs an acoustic, solo version of "Sunday, Bloody Sunday" on the b-stage, starting a change in the set list that will continue for the rest of the tour. During the encore, U2 plays "Miss Sarajevo," the song they wrote two years ago for the Passengers project - it is the only time U2 has ever performed this song as a full band. Soldiers from the international NATO peace-keeping force attend the show, which is broadcast live on radio all around the world. The event garners great publicity for U2, the PopMart Tour, and the people of Sarajevo who are trying to reconstruct their city and their lives. In coming weeks, there are reports that U2's concert has raised only $13,500 for the people of Bosnia, a figure U2 defends by explaining that the show wasn't designed to raise money, and that Bono's offer to bring a stripped-down -- and less-expensive -- concert to the city was refused in favor of the full PopMart production.

September 23, 1999: Bono meets the Pope - Pope wears Bono's sunglasses

Bono and other supporters of Jubilee 2000 visit Pope John Paul II at his summer home outside Rome. During the meeting, Bono gives the Pope a book of poetry by the great Irish poet Seamus Haney. But headlines are made when Bono hands the Pope his sunglasses and the Pontiff puts them on, prompting Bono to tell the world's media that John Paul II is the world's "first funky Pontiff." (See related news story)

I love this man...thats all I can

March 30, 1980
Aries, baby!!

I share my b-day with the wonderful Eric Clapton!!

------------------
BOOM-CHA

BOOM-CHA....? You rang?
smile.gif

My birthday, if it had one more six somewhere in it, would be quite the evil number. 6/6/84. I like it, though, because it doesn't matter if you write the month or date first, it's gonna be the same.
smile.gif

...And yes I'm only 17. And my name is Lindsay. So anybody who sees me on #U2, I AM NOT A MALE! Okay.
smile.gif

------------------
NO FB++++ N+++ C~# L+++ O++ CV++ UB4, UF7, JT10, ZO1, PO5

Sorry it's taken me awhile to respond to this (am so busy w. houseguest!!!) but my B-Day is April 19, 1971. Don't think there are any interesting U2 connections...

Back
Top Bottom