Step right up! Birthday roll call!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
August 8
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by SweetOnU2:
October 31st! Same day as Larry!
smile.gif

eek.gif
Just three days before my dog, Sparky! LMAO j/k

Mine is 10th January, 1978. Ummmm.... same day as Rod Stewart. To make a connection, u have to watch U2 performing Love Comes to Town Live (ZOO TV), the one when The Edge sang the last verse and Bono thinks he's Elvis. So, at the end of that song he says: For a second, I felt like Rod Stewart, is that a problem?

You see, told ya! A Connection!

tongue.gif

------------------
"A giraffe. Why? 'Cos then you'd meet other giraffes." - Adam
"I believe in love, love and money! I believe in poetry, electricity, cheap cosmetics. I believe in the sky over my head, and the silver shoes beneath my feet. I have a vision! I have a vision! Television!" - The Mirrorball Man
"My real name is Johnny Carson, but I just didn't think that would get me on the show." - Edge in 1981
"I sometimes get the odd twinge that I wouldn't mind playing lead guitar, just like a couple of notes, but that's about as near as I would want to get to the front." - Larry

its very 'Im-here-and-may-be-quite-tired-but-if-I-stick-a-feg-in-me-gob-I-can-look-quite-sexy-while-signing' - Madie on one of the pics of Sparky

21st October, and it will be my 21st so I want a thread of semi-naked U2 pics as a pressie.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by MissZooropa:
Mine is February 18th, 1976, the magic year of the note at Mount Temple School. Pretty much the only connection my birthday has with U2...
biggrin.gif

Sara

Hey Miss Zooropa! Mine's February 18 as well! 1973 though, which gives me absolutely no connection whatsoever to the boys. Moving on...

Originally posted by ti-hua:
Hey Miss Zooropa! Mine's February 18 as well! 1973 though, which gives me absolutely no connection whatsoever to the boys. Moving on...

10 years b4 'War'!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Im a 'Warchild' myself, it doesnt say so over there (*points at her acrobat-status) but i was born in 1983..

mmm, this is Shirley again, aka MissBored.. dunno if you all checked this for yourself yet, but i looked for a connection between your birthdays and U2.. (for some its a concert.. but a special one)

[*] January 10, 1990: Concert: Rotterdam, The Netherlands
[*] January 15, 1980: U2 on Irish TV
[*] February 14, 1994: U2 opens The Kitchen
[*] May 7, 1993: U2 rehearses - Bono creates MacPhisto
[*] March 9, 1987: The Joshua Tree released [*] June 21, 1997: The Monkees' Davy Jones joins Edge on-stage
[*] March 4, 1981: Boy charts in U.S.
[*] March 17, 1982: U2 rains on the parade [*] April 27, 1987: U2 makes the cover of TIME
[*] May 3, 1997: Concert: Salt Lake City, UT, USA
[*] June 25, 1987: U2 does the Nude Interview
[*] August 1, 1984: U2 launches Mother (Records, that is)
[*] August 8, 1961: David Evans born .. !!
[*] August 18, 2001: U2 provides theme for new British football (soccer) show
[*] August 19, 1995: Live music stops at The Baggot Inn
[*] August 27, 1993: Concert: Dublin, Ireland
[*] September 7, 2000: Bono presents debt relief petitions at U.N.
[*] September 21, 2000: Bono speaks in Washington, DC, about debt relief
[*] October 12, 1981: October album released
[*] October 15, 1998: Edge presents award to B.B. King
[*] October 20, 1980: Boy album release
[*] October 21, 1989: Bono debuts Slow Dancing on Aussie radio
[*] October 22, 1989: Bono's laryngitis forces postponement of 3 concerts
[*] October 31, 1961: Larry Mullen, Jr., born .. !!
[*] November 8, 1987: Concert: Denver, CO, USA
[*] November 17, 2000: With or Without You named one of Top Pop Songs Since 1963
[*] December 31, 1995: Bono and Ali spend New Year's Eve in Sarajevo

(for some dates there were more things.. and the site gives u more information about the event/happening)

Originally posted by tiny dancer:
Anyone born on Bono's B-Day?

I had a friend in high school who did. She didn't understand why I thought it was so cool though.

*sigh* They never do...
biggrin.gif

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

U2 connection....think, April, think....

A-HA!
biggrin.gif
It's exactly one month after Sparky's!!
smile.gif

Holy feck...looks like I'm gonna be a Refugee soon...girls, get out your finest attire, and hottest Larry and Adam pics!

It's gonna be a party!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Enough of this video bullsh**, I'm going to give you some culture. Know what I mean?" -Larry, ZooTv Era

"the soul needs beauty for a soul mate"

-April

Originally posted by Shirley:
mmm, this is Shirley again, aka MissBored.. dunno if you all checked this for yourself yet, but i looked for a connection between your birthdays and U2.. (for some its a concert.. but a special one)

[*] January 10, 1990: Concert: Rotterdam, The Netherlands
[*] January 15, 1980: U2 on Irish TV
[*] February 14, 1994: U2 opens The Kitchen
[*] May 7, 1993: U2 rehearses - Bono creates MacPhisto
[*] March 9, 1987: The Joshua Tree released [*] June 21, 1997: The Monkees' Davy Jones joins Edge on-stage
[*] March 4, 1981: Boy charts in U.S.
[*] March 17, 1982: U2 rains on the parade [*] April 27, 1987: U2 makes the cover of TIME
[*] May 3, 1997: Concert: Salt Lake City, UT, USA
[*] June 25, 1987: U2 does the Nude Interview
[*] August 1, 1984: U2 launches Mother (Records, that is)
[*] August 8, 1961: David Evans born .. !!
[*] August 18, 2001: U2 provides theme for new British football (soccer) show
[*] August 19, 1995: Live music stops at The Baggot Inn
[*] August 27, 1993: Concert: Dublin, Ireland
[*] September 7, 2000: Bono presents debt relief petitions at U.N.
[*] September 21, 2000: Bono speaks in Washington, DC, about debt relief
[*] October 12, 1981: October album released
[*] October 15, 1998: Edge presents award to B.B. King
[*] October 20, 1980: Boy album release
[*] October 21, 1989: Bono debuts Slow Dancing on Aussie radio
[*] October 22, 1989: Bono's laryngitis forces postponement of 3 concerts
[*] October 31, 1961: Larry Mullen, Jr., born .. !!
[*] November 8, 1987: Concert: Denver, CO, USA
[*] November 17, 2000: With or Without You named one of Top Pop Songs Since 1963
[*] December 31, 1995: Bono and Ali spend New Year's Eve in Sarajevo

(for some dates there were more things.. and the site gives u more information about the event/happening)

Well that's just bloody typical....my birthday is the only date listed when something bad happens.

For one of my birthday's, I got a sort of "What Happened the Year you born" type certificates

examples of events:

--Disaster as stand at Glasgow Football Stadium collapses

--Louis Armstrong Dies

--Rolls Royce go Bankrupt

--First British solider killed in Ulster

I am obviously bad news
smile.gif

Originally posted by Bonovation:

For one of my birthday's, I got a sort of "What Happened the Year you born" type certificates

examples of events:

--Disaster as stand at Glasgow Football Stadium collapses

--Louis Armstrong Dies

--Rolls Royce go Bankrupt

--First British solider killed in Ulster

I am obviously bad news
smile.gif

lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg! That's so sad and yet so FUNNY!!!!!!!!! lol!

Princess Diana died on my bday

and a girl who graduated from my school 2 yrs ago died on my b-day just this year
frown.gif
cancer

someone told me creepy Val Kilmer's bday is the same as mine, and Van Morrison too
biggrin.gif

is there a website where I can see what happened on my bday? Now I'm really curious

------------------
~*Mona*~
"What you don't have you don't need it now, What you don't know you can feel it somehow." ~U2~

"You give me something to sleep to at night" ~Michelle Branch~

April 11, 1979...almost upon my 22 1/2 bday. Whew!!

I will take Larry as my 23rd birthday present. Just him and a strategically placed bow...
biggrin.gif

this is actually JewelsU2's bday!!! My password/name accidentally saved on her computer when I used it this weekend! :p

Me, I'm a Christmas baby, and I'll be 23 on December 30th! woohoo! so far looks like Mad1 and I are the only December babies?!
smile.gif

My U2 connection: their first single was released the year I was born.
biggrin.gif
If that's not a great sign...!!

[This message has been edited by oliveu2cm (edited 09-03-2001).]

oo cool. I'm gonna check it out
smile.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
"What you don't have you don't need it now, What you don't know you can feel it somehow." ~U2~

"You give me something to sleep to at night" ~Michelle Branch~

Ok- little goof up! OliveU2cm used my computer yesterday and changed my user name to hers, which I forgot, so please ignore the post by her in which it says her bday is April 11, 1979. That is MY birthday, and *I* want Larry as my bday present with the bow!
biggrin.gif

Sorry for the mixup!! Sorry Carrie :{

------------------
"I invented cool, and YOU"RE on a boat with me."- Larry

"On security, the bodyguard of the band; the man who gave us our first job, and keeps us in our first job. On the drums- LARRY...MULLEN..JR!!!!"
-Bono introducing Larry, Boston, June 6, 2001

Ok- little goof up! OliveU2cm used my computer yesterday and changed my user name to hers, which I forgot, so please ignore the post by her in which it says her bday is April 11, 1979. That is MY birthday, and *I* want Larry as my bday present with the bow!
biggrin.gif

Sorry for the mixup!! Sorry Carrie :{

------------------

"On security, the bodyguard of the band; the man who gave us our first job, and keeps us in our first job. On the drums- LARRY...MULLEN..JR!!!!"

YEAH! Well I share a birthday with...Luke Perry!!!!!!!(10 yrs apart though)

TOP THAT!!!!! GO ON!!!!

------------------
"Don't worry about the world ending today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

matt2870@hotmail.com

You're right Bonovation!! I will do whatever it takes for someone to get me Larry Mullen Jr as a birthday present!! I'll even take him without the bow......
wink.gif

------------------

March 30, 1980

Aries, baby!!
smile.gif

I share my b-day with the wonderful Eric Clapton!!

------------------
BOOM-CHA

Originally posted by christiana:
Tania, yours is one day before me!!!
eek.gif

How cool girl!
smile.gif
Hehe. I have another friend, Matt who was born on the 19th of August, 1978 as well.

Umm, as far as band connections: well, I was *supposed* to be born on August 8th, 1978 which means I would have shared my birthday with none other than The Edge. But for some odd reason, I wouldn't come out until 10 days later!
frown.gif
Poor Mom, it was awful on her, as the heat was bad, my 2 year old brother had chicken pox a week before I was born (so I was already 3 days late at that point) and then I was born by C-sect!
eek.gif

Hey, those birthday printouts are funny!
smile.gif
LOL at this resturant where I live, if you bring your license on your b-day they take 8 dollars off your meal, give you a brownie with ice cream and they also print out a fact sheet about your birthday. I have about five of 'em. Robert Redford, Patrick Swayze and Malcolm Jamal Warner all share my birthday.

Tania

------------------
I can't even say the word Achhhhhtung Baby"--Larry

Hey, my daughter's birthday is August 19, 1989!

My connection is I was possibly conceived the same day as Larry Mullen. I was due on Oct. 31, 1961 but was late and came in Nov.

Well, my Birthday is October the 5th.
Hmmm, thinking of U2 connection.....

Aha- Same as Bob Geldoff- relates to Band Aid and of course U2.

Also- a somewhat tenuous link here girls, but anyway, if you put the date as you seem to in the US, with the Month first, and Day second - 10/5- you get the 10th of May! Wow.

Ok so I admit it is not really that valid, but I tried!

GRRRRRR-
Ok- this figures! I might be posting this like 3 times but my computer is NOT cooperating, so I apologize in advance.

I am trying to fix a little snafu in which my post was under my friend's user name, which she changed yesterday on my computer to post something, and I forgot to change back. Olive's bday is not on April 11, it's mine, so sorry to everyone for the mixup and to Carrie, too! So check out MY post under olive's name! :{

I hope this goes through!!!

------------------

COOL!! same bday as Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche!! and Mario
Puzo..
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
oh.. also Lee Iacocca (who??) and Penny Marshall (might have heard of her once..)

oh joy.. in my birthyear: Pope John Paul II signs new Roman Catholic code incorporating changes brought about by Second Vatican Council (Jan. 25).

and some other things but i wont bore u with that.. (bad things though.. 269 dead ppl in plane that got shot down and 237 dead ppl in terrorist explosion) weird.. they didnt have 'War' in that list
biggrin.gif

day:
10-15-1914: The Clayton Antitrust Act was passed. (hmm. clayton.. bit too early though)
1991: Despite accusations of sexual harassment by Anita Hill, the Senate confirmed the nomination of Clarence Thomas to the U.S. Supreme Court. (hmm, clarence?? prob something else
biggrin.gif
)

Back
Top Bottom