St Bono The Hypocrite? - Daily Mail 12th August 2006 Pages 34-35

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dutch Partygirl said:

What I meant with 'adopting' was actually adopting from a distance, so more sponsoring I guess. Sorry, wasn't very clear. We all know that they haven't got a whole African village in their backyard... :wink:

We call this having god-children in other countries, meaning, they are financing their lives until they become adults. Ali and Bono are doing that, like many other people, rich or not. Adoption is not always the only and/or best solution.

The Daily Mail?!

"Bono, don't you ever crave
To appear on the front of the Daily Mail
Dressed in your mother's bridal veil?"

Good ol England. The only place where tabloid journalism is worse than in the US.

Exactly how does money from U2's royalties go to Ireland to schools, roads etc...? Isn't this money they earn from their music that goes directly to them anyway?

I would love to know where all this crying out was all those years when U2 weren't paying royalties anyway .

U2girl said:
Exactly how does money from U2's royalties go to Ireland to schools, roads etc...? Isn't this money they earn from their music that goes directly to them anyway?

I would love to know where all this crying out was all those years when U2 weren't paying royalties anyway .

Haha, no kidding! Ireland JUST changed the royalties tax, so U2 moving to Holland is essentially them preserving what they've always done, not changing it. They haven't been taxed before. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom