Spring Break

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liesje

Blue Crack Addict
Alright, so it's freezing cold and snowing outside. I'm sure you all know how much I love snow :| :mad: :banghead: :crack:

Everyone post pictures of your favorite tropical spring break spot (preferably your own pics or at least pics of places you've actually been, just for the fun of it)!

I'll kick it off......My favorite spot is southwestern Florida. I love it where it's hot and sticky and I LOVE the Everglades. The best thing is, 8 days of vacation costs less than $150 per person! We drive down and just camp for a week so really the most expensive thing is gas and food. Anyway.....

These are my best new friends I met in college. I am second from the right. Teresa (middle) till lives w/ us. Amanda (left) died of cancer a year ago. Here we are at Tigertail Beach on Marco Island.
FLall2.jpg

I love alligators. This is probably as close as I dare crouch next to one (I was maybe 10 feet away)
FLgator.jpg

This is the mother gator and babies in the Fakahatchee Strand Preserve, part of the Everglades National Forest (anyone seen the movie Adaptation?)
FLgators.jpg

My other favorite spot is Gulf Shores, Alabama. It was recently destroyed by hurricane Ivan, but they keep promising everything should be all set by vacation season 2005. It's rather ironic because Guld Shores became a tourist town due to a hurricane (the land had been a preserve, but was washed over by a hurricane and the town changed zoning so they could build vacation rentals to help their economy recover). This is also a cheap vacation b/c it's where my family goes for my sibs spring break so I take a week off school and piggyback!

I can't find a picture of our rental and I don't have a scanner, but this is a resort close by (we stay in a rental home on the beach with 20 people....20 people and 2 bathrooms....yep)
img_1629.jpg

Now everyone else share pics of HOT places! Pleeeeeeeeeease!!!

Last edited:
This isn't spring break, more like summer holidays. But the point of the thread is HOT, right? :wink:

Atop the tower of Pisa in Italy :wave:

b40e3e6b.jpg

My favorite spring break place was Montego Bay, Jamaica.

Anyone else also forgoing spring break this year because of the tour? I wish I could afford both...but you know what they say about college students...always broke.

starsgoblue said:

Anyone else also forgoing spring break this year because of the tour? I wish I could afford both...but you know what they say about college students...always broke.

It depends. If they're playing down south over spring break, might as well just re-route the road trip, right? I need spring break to keep my sanity and it usually costs me a little over $100 to spend 8 days away from the icey north on a beach in Florida. That's like one and a half days earnings so not a huge deal. The tour will be the costly thing. I was already saving last year, but decided the trip to Africa was a once in a lifetime opportunity and would mean more to me in the end than a few missed concerts. It took a while, but I've convinced myself that one or two concerts will be enough.

starsgoblue said:
Have you already gone to Africa...or are you planning the trip? That's really neat. What are you going there for/went there for?

Ellen and I are leaving in one month (eeeeeek!!! just this morning she's like "we have so much to do!!!"). We're going to Tanzania for a month. The trip is officially titled IDIS W32 The Church's Influence on Development in Tanzania. Basically, you travel around and stay with rural families or church hostels and study the church's programs. There is no seperation of church and state there so I guess the new big thing is issuing micro-finance loans to the churches and then the churches use that for a fund which it's members can borrow from. I had to get another student loan to pay for the trip. Today I'm going to the dollar store to buy coloring books and crayons to give to little kids.

Here's the complete description:
http://www.calvin.edu/academic/off-campus/interim/interim_05/tanzania.htm

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom