Spice us up Bono - ROCKER'S SONG FOR GIRLS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The_Edge89 said:
Hmm, it appears that Canadiens1160 was right after all. These did come in handy.

I'm with Larry on this one...
rerecordlarrykm6bi4.jpg

LOL!!!!!!!!In TOTAL agreement with Larry here!!!:lmao:

crazyu2 said:
No, I do not believe everything that's in the media. I happen to study communication - and we take journalism courses and courses of how media manipulates. Believe me, I understand the media system very well.
The main point in my post was not about Bono dueting with J.lo - I also hope it was not true; I was just stating some examples, and one of them was bad because it was based on a rumour. However, the point was my dissapointment and I hope there are other people who feel the same.
I do hope he is not collaborating with Spice Girls. They are out of U2's league and these two bands have absolutely nothing in common. In my opinion, Bono will simply lower himself, from an artistic point of view, by doing that. Imagine only if Marquez would write a book with Coelho. That would't just be right, would it?

Well, the thing is that Bono doesn't have any kind of prejudices as to different music genre's. If he likes someone he will write songs for them. He has written songs for a lot of people. During ZooTV Bono was very enamoured of the Spice Girls and he has since become good friends with the Beckham's so if the record company or the Spice Girls themselves asked him for help I am quite sure he would do it. And why shouldn't he? He is not, thankfully, any kind of a music snob. He never has been. He has over the years expressed great admiration for some pop artists. Even when he was slamming the pop genre in general. U2 has always over the entire course of their career resisted being put into any kind of box as far as their creativity goes. They will work with whoever they want to as long as they are inspired and interested. As Adam put it, "U2 will do whatever we want to do, if we decide to put out a polka album, we'll do it." One of Bono's best talents as a songwriter is the ability to write for any genre as he has proved repeatedly.

Dana

^ agreed! Why should Bono not do something like this, if he is a fan of theirs he probably really enjoyed it, just like a U2 fan would love the chance to do something with him. Just because u2 fans may not be Spice Girl fans doesn't mean he shouldn't like them or get to have some fun. :huh: that's nuts! saying he shouldn't do this for any of the reasons being mentioned seems really strange! Gosh let him have some fun! It's not like he's gonna leave U2 for them! :lol:
I'm not a Spice Girl fan, couldn't name a song if I had to, but I don't see any reason he shouldn't do it :shrug:

Dana, you put it very well. I just say: Let's wait and see if the rumours are true before we jump to conclusions. Besides, Bono has written a lot of songs that were for artists "out of U2's league" (how many are actually IN their league?) and I don't remember such an outrage about this. I'm also not fond of the Spice Girls, really, they have been mainly getting on my nerves, but they were kind of pioneering the scene as the first real British girlgroup and had some great pop tracks, plus Bono is friends with some of them.

I'm not disappointed because of that. I would be if he was a total snob and dissing or bashing other artists publicly, like some of his collegues like to do.

bonocomet said:
^ agreed! Why should Bono not do something like this, if he is a fan of theirs he probably really enjoyed it, just like a U2 fan would love the chance to do something with him. Just because u2 fans may not be Spice Girl fans doesn't mean he shouldn't like them or get to have some fun. :huh: that's nuts! saying he shouldn't do this for any of the reasons being mentioned seems really strange! Gosh let him have some fun! It's not like he's gonna leave U2 for them! :lol:
I'm not a Spice Girl fan, couldn't name a song if I had to, but I don't see any reason he shouldn't do it :shrug:
Amen! :applaud:

bonocomet said:

You're right, Comet. And with regard to the girls they're probably more then happy to have him onboard.

(Who wouldn't want to sing to Bono: If you wanna be my lover....:drool: :drool: :evil:)...oh, I can't help it, I'm such a slut!

Old Shady Spice?

C'mon, people, live a little. Let the man have some fun. He's not precious - he won't be contaminated if he writes a song for them.

Back
Top Bottom