Something sad that I had to do that only the Plebans will understand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs. Edge

Bono's Belly Dancing Friend
Hi Pleba gals! It's me again, the one who keeps popping in and out of here rather infrequently. Well, summer is coming and with that comes a freer schedule and more time to hang out in here...in fact, I just found out that I get out at 1pm every Friday in August! This means lots of story writing time. :mac:

Anyway, yesterday I was cleaning out my basement, and ran into all my old U2 posters and calendars, which I had carefully pressed between two pieces of particle board because I couldn't bear to get rid of them.

These were all posters and calendars of the UF - ZooTV eras that I had hanging on my bedroom walls before I left home. There were huge (and gorgeous!) Edge collages I made, and fabulous giant JT era posters of Bono (my husband only lets me hang up very tastefully framed U2 posters now that look rather arty...none of this Bono sweating all over the place with his chest hair, vest, cross, long hair etc....

And all my posters had got wet probably from a huge leak in the last place we lived and MOLDY! I had to throw them all out. :sad:

The end of an era. I'm worried that I will never be able to dig up these particular Edge pics again. :sigh:

Thank God all my books and photos and the rest of the collection is safe and dry.

Mrs. Edge said:
Hi Pleba gals! It's me again, the one who keeps popping in and out of here rather infrequently. Well, summer is coming and with that comes a freer schedule and more time to hang out in here...in fact, I just found out that I get out at 1pm every Friday in August! This means lots of story writing time. :mac:

Anyway, yesterday I was cleaning out my basement, and ran into all my old U2 posters and calendars, which I had carefully pressed between two pieces of particle board because I couldn't bear to get rid of them.

These were all posters and calendars of the UF - ZooTV eras that I had hanging on my bedroom walls before I left home. There were huge (and gorgeous!) Edge collages I made, and fabulous giant JT era posters of Bono (my husband only lets me hang up very tastefully framed U2 posters now that look rather arty...none of this Bono sweating all over the place with his chest hair, vest, cross, long hair etc....

And all my posters had got wet probably from a huge leak in the last place we lived and MOLDY! I had to throw them all out. :sad:

The end of an era. I'm worried that I will never be able to dig up these particular Edge pics again. :sigh:

Thank God all my books and photos and the rest of the collection is safe and dry.

That really sucks. :( So sorry to hear that Mrs. Edge.

:hug:

That is so depressing to have U2 stuff destroyed. I think a lot of us have dealt with it. Some of my U2 possessions have suffered the wrath of my kitties. :sigh:

:hug:

Oh no! I am the biggest packrat ever and my family used to live near the beach, so I kind of know how you're feeling...although I never lost anything so precious and U2-related.

At least you have an excuse to buy new U2 stuff now, right?
*searching for a bright side*

:wave:

Awww honey! What a shame! Rest assured it has happened to all of us ... but I say take bbug's suggestion, stock up on some new U2 stuff (tasteful or otherwise!)

Back
Top Bottom