Something...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FallingStar

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
It's after 12pm and I should be asleep. But I am not. Alas, I'm awake posting this. It so much sounds like a take off of those diary-styled fanfics, where the girl gets to meet the band and then gets to meet a specific band member and they start an affair and so on and so forth. But this one isn't like that. And it's not romantic. Maybe it might turn out like that. Tell me if you like it so far...

1. Prologue
Hi..umm, hello. I'm not sure why I'm writing this story, this..report - this thing here. Maybe to keep myself away from insanity, maybe just to pass that boring time in here. I'm 17 years old, a girl, from NYC, my name: Sarah Newton. I have blue short hair, dyed on an impulse, four piercings, two in each ear, and I'm a weird but mostly normal teenager - or better said: was it. I liked being in my band - I was the bassist - I like old vinyl LPs, old movies, old sciene-fiction movies about people pretending to be from Mars and then destroying the world, or at least trying to, I like the way of thought of the 70s and 80s. Don't ask me how I made my way into this chaos or how I will find out of it again. I'm somehow stuck in the late 70's, the year of lo...the people here are very nice to me, they give me good things, good food, they are like parents to me...I think I should stop for now, I might can get back later..I hope.

That's what you'd like to know, don't you? :evil: I'm not going to sum up the entire story now....and furthermore I have no idea yet, it develops. ;)

Yes I would! :tongue: Well, come back and finish it when the story develops!

lol, actually i thought i'd write it but you can add to if you feel the need to do so lol.

i'm just thinking of something new.

Last edited:
So I have more time again. They left me in peace again. So, my story is too weird to be told just like that. It's unbelievable and I ask you to believe me. That's all I can hope for - understanding and belief in what happened to me.

Before I can start, I have to tell you again that I love the 70s and I was listening non-stop to my LPs. And one day - it was summer, it was hot in our appartment, my parents were both working....okay let me go into more detail: I was sitting in my room on the floor beside my vinyl collection and my bass and was humming along to this Irish band U2's first album. The sun was falling into my room and actually it was all nice and warm, cos it WAS already spring. There were some clouds n the sky, taht's true but it was warm at least. I laid back and closed my eyes, listening to the music.....to the guitar riffs and vocals....and then it happened, I still think it was a lightening. I have no proof for that, but I can only take a guess.

The music around me ended, the walls plastered with posters of punk bands and glam rockers faded away and i was not where i should be - where I *belonged* to. I was sitting in a spartanic room, there was rain thudding against the window pane and the room was dark. Rather gloomy cos I could see the few things in the room.

There was a bed, a desk and a chair - wooden chair, no PC on the desk which was already very strange to me - a closet and a bunch of LPs in a corner of tha room. That little pile made me feel familiar at once. I blinked twice. Maybe I dozed off in my room and somehow....came here.....in this room without internet...The rain was getting stronger and I heard voices downstairs.

I frowned.

What else could i have done? I stood up, straighthend my mini skirt with a silver chain leading to a pocket. My clunky boots were doing unfamiliar soft noises as I walked towards the window and I realised that there was carpet in the entire room. Not the PVC floor that was in our appartment and was doing those iggy noises whenever you walked upon it. *This* was even more strange. ho did still have real carpet in such a small room that looked like a....small tiny room without even a tv?

The street outside was almost not visible because of the rain, but there seemed to be a white holo on the car that was parked before the house. The sky was totally dark.

When the door opened and I turned there was just this astonished boy that looked at me. At first in shock, then amaziement, surprise and then with..and this expression disturbed me...with mischief.

Great ideas so far!!!!!!!!! so......whose's this boy that appeared before her???? hurry up and write the rest!!!!:wink: :wink:

:) Actually I'd like it to be Fionan but..since this IS a u2 forum. :evil:

The boy looked at me, the door knob still in his hand. His brown wild hair floated over his head and half over his eyes, dancing lazily as he blinked at me. He was wearing torn black pants and a green sweater. Nothing extraordinary on him. Nothing I might have noticed at least. His ice blue eyes pierced me but wandered off quickly as I caught his glance. He stepped a little closer.

And didn't talk. Really not. Weird guy. Must be my age. Good looking.

I watched him as he looked back quickly and then stepped completely into the room and closed the door behind him.

"Should I know why you are here...now? Because you know..if I brought you here last night and can't remember it - or no no don't understand me wrong.." I could see his cheeks flushing mildly and his movements went staccato as he leant against the closed door. He was about as tall as me - so in other words: too small for a boy of about 17. I watched him and this irritated him even more since he seemed to wait for an apology of me or why I was here or something like that.

He looked at me again. "Did you...get here, did some of my friends bring you here?" His voice was a little hoarse as he talked.

A quick calculation and I said. "What if they did?" What should I have said? I didn't even know where this 'here' was.

He cleared his throat a little and his right hand started to fidget with his sweater. "Umm...cos I...umm....this is, a stupid idea you know? I don't know you..." His voice became softer and he lowered it a little. "I don't know why you said yes to them, you shouldn't have said yes. You shan't have agreed to whatever they promised you. I'm sorry." He pushed himself off the door and walked towards the window, propped himself easily up on the window sill and sat there with his legs dangling slowly.

I couldn't make his face out anymore, just his sillouhette. He was quiet and obviously waited for me to talk.

I ran a hand through my short hair and looked around the room shortly - this all began to grow really strange and it didn't feel like a dream, no not at all. I looked back at the boy trying to gather my thoughts. "What's your name?" I asked him. I was said to be very subtle, especially when I was insecure.

He frowned a little and his hair over his eyes moved a little. "Bono. And yours?" He could be defiant as well as just apologizing. I liked that.

"Well, fine, Bono, can you get me back home or call me a cab?" I walked over to him and pushed his shoulder softly aside as I looked down on the street. He twitched and his entire body stiffened at my touch. I could feel his breath on my neck as I looked down on the street. I turned my head, looked at him. His eyes were--SHOCKED.

I drew back and raised an eyebrow. "You okay? I just want a cab and then get back to my appartment, alright, man?"

Yeah, it was obvious. Either he had never been very close to girls yet or he was scared of me beating him up.

He swallowed hard before he stuttered in a broken tone. "Sure..the-the phone is downstairs beside the kitchen door."

I nodded and left the room. I don't know why but I started to get angry. Angry at Bono and at this house and the weather and mostly the reason why I was not in my room. What sort of name was Bono anyway?

I went downstairs passed paintings of roaring seas and green meadows. I frowned.

On the first floor I looked around and found the phone on a small table beside the door that seemed to lead to the kitchen. Yellow tiles on the floor, an oven, a part of a table I could see from my place. I picked the phone up and thought of somebody to call. I reached down, lost in thought and touched a round thing with little holes in it. I blinked and realised one of those old phones my grandma used to have before she also got a cell. The wrong thing was to throw the nostalgic phone away, but now she didn't have to deal with bugging people who sold things on the phone...but anyway, I dialled my Dad's office as I looked up I saw a tall boy with brown hair as he walked out of the kitchen. A newspaper in his hand, brown leather shoes, blue button-down shirt - totally boring. He looked at me and then Bono that was standing lost beside the staircase. The older boy grinned at Bono. "So Fionan really got you one? Wouldn't 'ave bet that, Paul."

Bono glared at him. "Fuck you, Norm."

I rolled my eyes turned my back on them and waited for someone to pick up. There was no sound coming out of the phone. I took a deep breath and talked calmly - as calmly as I could. "Bono, can you call me a cab?"

He looked at me and nodded, came over, took the phone out of my hand and dialed. I looked at that Norm but he just smirked and watched me and Bono. "Nice couple. Where did you get that hair from? Fell into blueberry gravy?"

Amazingly funny. I watched Bono.

"Yes, hello, I'd like to call a cab from Cedarwod Road going to..." He looked at me. "Where do you want to go..?"

"Central Park will do." At the same time I wondered where a Cedarwood Road might be.

Bono blinked at me. "Yeah, okay. And now for real?"

I rolled my eyes. "For God's sake. Get me a cab to Central Park. Please."

Bono frowned and just hung up. "Listen. I have no idea what you're on. I have no idea what Gav gave you or made you take, but you will have to sober up and tell me where you're from or I can't bring you home."

I shook my head and turned on my heal - I was at least still wearing my Doc Martens - and walked to the front door. I opened the door and walked out, straight into the rain. A heavy, chilly, disgusting sort of stormy rain. I was angry now and felt more lost than before. I walked over to the road and looked up and down. It was just a long road with semi-detached houses to each side. I looked over the rooves and tried to see my sky scrapers.

I felt hot tears stinging in my eyes as I couldn't find them. My nose was burning and my mouth felt bitter. As my tears mixed with the rain I started to feel sick. I had heard about shit like that. I saw movies about it. Kidnapping happened every fucking day but not in MY family. A rain-tear rolled down my cheek and landed on my black shirt. An old lady with an umbrella was walking past the house and shook her head as she looked at me then trotted by. she looked as if she had been on a carnival wearing a stupid hat and long jacket.

I looked back to the house of Bono and saw him still standing in the door. At least he hadn't just closed it when I walked out.

Slowly I walked back, my clothes already clinging heavily to my body.

EveClayton said:
Nice!!!!!!!! I like ur story so far.........more please!!!!!! It's kinda
Thanks for the 'it's kinda', Evie. :wink:

Okay, I'll write some more later.

:wink: :wink: LOL ....didnt even realise that when I read it after posting it lol......thought that the boy would have been ''Edge''thou.........:wink: :wink:

Back
Top Bottom