Some new old pics part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Queen Bee said:
I *adore* Boy Bono. :drool:

Join the club. Boy Bono is so incredibly cute *continues to sit and wait for time machine*! :hug: :bono: :heart:...

Originally posted by Queen Bee
Such a shame that the watermarks are so friggin big on these pictures. :grumpy:

Watermarks suck. :madspit:.

Thanks for the pictures anyway, though, Kelly! I've never seen a lot of those before, either.

Angela

The black and whites aren't too difficult to remove the watermarks from. Here's one that I've completed so far.

ER1046_U2_P.jpg

It's all a matter of playing with the brightness & contrast settings. :wink:

kellyahern said:

Beautiful band pic! :love: I love the JT era, they were all so young and handsome.

kellyahern said:

And a superb one of Bono and Adam! :cute:

These watermarks aren't too bad. They don't distort the picture like the other kind. Though I'd still prefer it across the chests rather than across the faces...or better yet, no watermarks at all. :)

Last edited:
Sue DeNym said:
Beautiful band pic! :love: I love the JT era, they were all so young and handsome.

And a superb one of Bono and Adam! :cute:

These watermarks aren't too bad. They don't distort the picture like the other kind. Though I'd still prefer it across the chests rather than across the faces...or better yet, no watermarks at all. :)

Agree wholeheartedly.

*Looks at pictures again*

Man, those are good ones, aren't they? :drool:...

Angela

:drool: Boy Bono!!! :faint:

Thanks again, Kelly. :applaud:

Here are some band pictures that were new to me. I found these in a reference book on Rock 'n Roll (possibly Rolling Stone's Rock and Roll Almanac) at my school library.

These are scans of photo copies that I took from the book, so the quality (specifically on the last one) isn't too great.

scan_2.jpg

scan_1.jpg

:drool:

scan_3.jpg

Love this one! :love:

Last edited:
I've never seen the first 2 before, there's a smaller color version of the bottom one. They're all great, thank you! :up:

Queen Bee said:
Here are some band pictures that were new to me. I found these in a reference book on Rock 'n Roll (possibly Rolling Stone's Rock and Roll Almanac) at my school library.

These are scans of photo copies that I took from the book, so the quality (specifically on the last one) isn't too great.

scan_2.jpg

scan_1.jpg

scan_3.jpg

Love this one! :love:

Meh, good enough quality for me! I love these! And you found them in a book in your school library, eh? Awesome! :up: :D.

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:

Meh, good enough quality for me! I love these! And you found them in a book in your school library, eh? Awesome! :up: :D.

Angela

Yeah, I was quite surprised to come across it. Originally, I had to use the book to complete an assignment. I'm a student aide first hour; aides don't have much to do in there other than sort books on shelves or check out books to students. It was nice to have an assignment that involved me doing something out of the norm. ;) Oh, and the U2 feature is an 8-page biography of the band written by Bill Flanagan in Rolling Stone: The Illustrated History of Rock & Roll, by the way. :)

Last edited:
Thesea re so GREAT! I LOVE the baby ones!

*right clicked so many BabyBono ones she never saw before :ohmy:*

It was so nice of you to scan for us QB! Kelly I love your pics too, I only now just saw them because my computer hadn't loaded them:huh:

PLEBA and PLEBA girls are THE source for the newest, rarest and best pics! :up:

Queen Bee said:
Yeah, I was quite surprised to come across it. Originally, I had to use the book to complete an assignment. I'm a student aide first hour; aides don't have much to do in there other than sort books on shelves or check out books to students. It was nice to have an assignment that involved me doing something out of the norm. ;)

Ah, I see. :).

So what exactly are you doing with this assignment-are you planning on using those pictures in it, then?

Originally posted by Queen Bee
Oh, and the U2 feature is an 8-page biography of the band written by Bill Flanagan in Rolling Stone: The Illustrated History of Rock & Roll, by the way. :)

Cool!

Bill really likes U2, doesn't he? :D.

Angela

U2Kitten said:
PLEBA and PLEBA girls are THE source for the newest, rarest and best pics! :up:

:yes:

Moonlit_Angel said:

Ah, I see. :).

So what exactly are you doing with this assignment-are you planning on using those pictures in it, then?

Every other week, we get worksheets that require the use of certain reference books to find answers in. In the Rolling Stone book, I had to write down a short summary of a feature about Simon and Garfunkel's Hollywood Bowl performance from, um, I believe it was the early 70's? Anyway, I flipped toward the end of the book and came across the U2 feature there. The minute I saw the BoyU2 picture that I hadn't seen before, I ran to the back room of the library and made myself copies on the xerox machine.

Moonlit_Angel said:

Cool!

Bill really likes U2, doesn't he? :D.

Angela

I didn't immediately notice that he wrote the brief biography. I came across his name in the contributer index and thought, 'Oh cool! I wonder who he wrote about..' When I saw it was the U2 thing I was like, 'Oh...' :laugh:

Come to think of it, I never actually read the his feature in that book about the band. I must remember to read it tomorrow since it's my last day in the library before winter break begins. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom