Some great U2ey misc. stuff...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Discoteque

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Some misc. U2 bits borrowed from another forum (this first one?s hilarious, sorry April and Larry lovers!)

btw, whomever posted saying Larry has super white legs, that was very funny! But also very TRUE! I can vouch for that! I was able to meet him once in 84/85 during the UF tour and he was wearing shorts [!!!] and I know why that is a rarity. He had the whitest, tiniest chicken legs!

---
Yesterday (Feb. 3) was the 30th anniversary of Bloody Sunday in Derry.

---

Great Superbowl-U2 related pics! http://search.news.yahoo.com/search/news?p=U2&n=20&c=news_photos

---
This is snipped from an AP article today detailing preliminary TV ratings for the Super Bowl:

Viewership was high throughout Fox's broadcast Sunday, including a 40.7 rating for a halftime show featuring Irish rock band U2. That's more than six times the 6.2 rating NBC got for its attempt at halftime counterprogramming, a special edition of "Fear Factor" featuring scantily clad Playboy playmates doing stunts such as walking a tightrope between two buildings.

AND THIS:

Some of you have questions as to who those kids in the heart were and some even went to say that they weren't as "somber" as one would expect when the names were scrolling. Well, here is an inside scoop from a father of one of the kids in the crowd:

---------------------------------------------
Most if not all these kids didn't even know who U2 was, my 16 year old daughter was one of them. They weren't nuts about U2 but they all were nuts about helping to put on a show that all of America was watching.

These kids were fill-ins from the local school and church choirs who had to be on the honer roll to even get there (3.0 grade advarge or better). These kids worked their buts off to get a shot at performing with U2.

They all earned credits at school for performing. The kids rehearsed with U2 on this for the past three weeks. Talk about a once in a lifetime thing to do.

Remember this was a show and the kids were told when, how and and who to yell at. Non of them were at the show to disgrace the American people are the American flag. All these kids are very proud of the show they put on and so are the parents including me and my wife.

I know when I was watching it I had tears in my eyes just knowing my daughter was a part of something so great. I can't even think of how it felt being in the halftime show with all the world watching. I know the kids were there to show support for what happened on 9/11 and not disrespect anyone.

------------------------------------

disco

p.s. Paul Shaeffer & band just played Beautiful Day as a between-shots tune on Letterman!

[This message has been edited by Discoteque (edited 02-04-2002).]

Hmmm. That's interesting about the kids who were in the heart. I had heard somewhere else that they were college students. Maybe some were. But, um, instead of having them practice for 3 weeks to look like U2 fans? They could have just flown a bunch of us to New Orleans, and saved 3 weeks' worth of rehearsal time. Heck, forget the flight. Given the opportunity to be in the heart, I'll get my damn self down to NE. Just a thought for next time...

------------------
"I still can't play guitar
How the hell did I get this far?"

~Bono, Detroit

There is no way we could possibly do infinity push-ups.

Originally posted by Mirrorball Girl:
Hmmm. That's interesting about the kids who were in the heart. I had heard somewhere else that they were college students. Maybe some were. But, um, instead of having them practice for 3 weeks to look like U2 fans? They could have just flown a bunch of us to New Orleans, and saved 3 weeks' worth of rehearsal time. Heck, forget the flight. Given the opportunity to be in the heart, I'll get my damn self down to NE. Just a thought for next time...

I can't stop myself from saying: I KNOW!!! I'm slowly getting over this...

It's a once in a lifetime thing that was largely lost on them.

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

Originally posted by Discoteque:
Some of you have questions as to who those kids in the heart were and some even went to say that they weren't as "somber" as one would expect when the names were scrolling. Well, here is an inside scoop from a father of one of the kids in the crowd:

-------------
Most if not all these kids didn't even know who U2 was, my 16 year old daughter was one of them. They weren't nuts about U2 but they all were nuts about helping to put on a show that all of America was watching.

These kids were fill-ins from the local school and church choirs who had to be on the honer roll to even get there (3.0 grade advarge or better). These kids worked their buts off to get a shot at performing with U2
[/B]

Ok, I know he didn't just imply that these kids get good grades just so they could "perform" with U2. And couldn't they have gotten kids with good GPAs who were *also* U2 fans??? Would it really have been that difficult?

Oh, and LOL at Larry and his pasty, white chicken-legs. Good thing he doesn't wear mesh pants
wink.gif

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww *pout* you've seen Larry's legs!!!! I hate you!!! lmao j/k girlie...I would imagine they're white...I mean in that picture with them in the sandals they're all burnt to a crisp...it's funny...

Anyway I think they should have gathered all us PLEBA girls and flew us to New Orleans and we would have been making more noise than the whole stadium put together, besides the fact that we'd look....REAL! *gasp* lol BUt they'd have to have like 10000000 guards to stop us from jumping on stage and defiling them ya know
wink.gif

------------------
b0280.gif

THE Larry Mullen Jr Page

Actual convo with Larry:
u2bela1: You?re a skank you know that??
Larry: HAHAHA Good one.
u2bela1: Yeah you big flirty man you!
<clarity> he's prolly all like Anne she said I'm a skank rofl
<clarity> Bono's like you are a skank Lardence rofl

[This message has been edited by Mullen-Girl (edited 02-05-2002).]

Back