So, who lives near Indianapolis?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Quiggs

The Fly
Okay! Bono is coming to Indianapolis tomorrow. Here's my question: Who wants to go see him with me? I was thinking we could meet at the place. There is actually a good chance to get in to the presentation. I just read an article in the Indianapolis Star that says he will be at Madame Walker Theatre Center. The lecture starts at 7:00pm. The newspaper says that all tickets have been distributed already, but that additional free seats may be available to those who show up at least 50 minutes before the lecture starts (which of course means that you have to be there like 4 hours before that :wink: ----> just kidding! ). So, if anyone is interested, let me know. I want to go, but I don't want to go by myself and none of my friends like U2. :sad:

Hugs, Mary :wave:

P.S. This is probably in the wrong forum, but this is the most popular one, so I thought more people would notice it. Feel free to move this! :yes:

I wish I could go, but, alas, I can't. :(

Drag one of your friends anyway. They might learn something. :yes:

You know what? I should drag one of my friends away! :yes: I can just tell them that they have to behave and not make any rude comments about Bono (which they do! :huh: ) After all, it isn't just Bono we're going to see. We are going to see the entire presentation!

Hmmmm.... you think that might work?
:lol:

I'm totally game, but I'm stuck up on Grand Rapids, Michigan so I'd need to find someone up here......

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
I'm totally game, but I'm stuck up on Grand Rapids, Michigan so I'd need to find someone up here......
You're in Grand Rapids? Dude, I'm in Bowling Green OH (like up Toledo's ass.)

Kristie said:
MAR
I'm in West Lafayette, it's aboot an hour northwest of Indy
and I WANNA GO
but I can't find anyone to take me :sad:

Awwww.... shoot! :madspit: I would come and get you, but my car sucks! I'll be lucky to get it to the thing in the first place.
I'm sorry! :hug:

But I did get a friend to go. Apparently, her new roommate loves U2 (I think I need to meet her! :yes: ) and she wants her to try and get pictures of Bono:shrug: She won't skip class to go. LOL! But I will! :macdevil:

Anyway, I was wondering... About how much earlier do you all think I should get there? It says "at least 50 minutes before", but knowing us U2 fans it will be pretty crowded. Plus, I think some people from Amnesty International here in Indy will be trying to go. AND it is a very popular issue that many people will want tp hear about! Hmmmmm.... any ideas?

I AM GOING
ASLFKHADLGKJDFFF

well, if all works out
mah friend David, he said he'd take me, but he's got chem lab at 2:30. Chem lab = 3 hours, but it's clean up day so if his TA doesn't suck he should be out in an hour and a half, max. Of course, his TA might suck, and then I'd be SOL.
Which makes my arrival time like 5.
Think I'll make it?

Kristie said:

Which makes my arrival time like 5.
Think I'll make it?

Even if you don't, you can always stalk him to his hotel or follow the caravan - that's probably what I'm gonna have to do in Kentucky. :mac:

Assuming I'm allowed to go. :|

bonosloveslave said:

Even if you don't, you can always stalk him to his hotel or follow the caravan - that's probably what I'm gonna have to do in Kentucky. :mac:

I don't know if David (my ride, aka a country fan) would be up for that... ;)

bonosloveslave said:

oooOOOOooo, are you going?

*poke* are you anywhere near GR?

____
:sexywink: can you tell I enjoy being annoying?

Ultraviolet Light said:

oooOOOOooo, are you going?

*poke* are you anywhere near GR?

____
:sexywink: can you tell I enjoy being annoying?

I'm trying to work it out, I've been talking to Lies this afternoon and Laura a bit - you guys aren't on the way but I know you've got a sucky car situation.....I don't even know if I'm *allowed* to go yet, but I have a hotel room booked just in case, and I don't know if that's where the group is staying but I'm 99% sure Bono will be there for a meeting at some point during the day. So I've got some emails out and I'm waiting on some phone calls, I'll keep you all posted.

I am so screwed for my finals if I don't get my head out of my you-know-what (or the clouds for that matter) and get some studying done.....that's the other major problem with a road trip this weekend :sigh:

I'd offer my dorm room, but I don't think four of you will fit in here...
but if you go you MUST VISIT ME AT PURDUE and scare all my friends
I'm on the way, dammit!

Last edited:
bonosloveslave said:
I'm trying to work it out, I've been talking to Lies this afternoon and Laura a bit - you guys aren't on the way but I know you've got a sucky car situation.....I don't even know if I'm *allowed* to go yet, but I have a hotel room booked just in case, and I don't know if that's where the group is staying but I'm 99% sure Bono will be there for a meeting at some point during the day. So I've got some emails out and I'm waiting on some phone calls, I'll keep you all posted.

I am so screwed for my finals if I don't get my head out of my you-know-what (or the clouds for that matter) and get some studying done.....that's the other major problem with a road trip this weekend :sigh:

:hug: :hug: :hug: Don't stress yourself too bad, it'll all work out in the end. :heart:

*points* Bono township is in the southwest corner of Lawrence County, highlighted here
lawrence.gif

just in case anyone going to see Bono wants to go sightseeing :)

Hmmm

Ok I guess I've been on crack for where I thought Kentucky was geographically (or I was screwed up by the screwy map on data's website) but I guess it wouldn't be out of the way to go to GR and thru Indiana - now the problem would be a big enough vehicle for the caravan - we've only got Hondas...

Re: Hmmm

bonosloveslave said:
Ok I guess I've been on crack for where I thought Kentucky was geographically (or I was screwed up by the screwy map on data's website) but I guess it wouldn't be out of the way to go to GR and thru Indiana - now the problem would be a big enough vehicle for the caravan - we've only got Hondas...

how many of your people would there be? I wish i had a car or could borrow my dad's, but seeing as it's not actually his and I'm not on the insurance....and I know my mom's van won't make it out of state and back.....but I'll keep thinking.....

Re: Re: Hmmm

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

how many of your people would there be? I wish i had a car or could borrow my dad's, but seeing as it's not actually his and I'm not on the insurance....and I know my mom's van won't make it out of state and back.....but I'll keep thinking.....

My hubby would really rather not go so hopefully it would just be me, but he's not crazy about me going on a road trip with *strangers* - I keep trying to tell him that you guys aren't strangers, just, umm, strange.........:laugh:

Re: Re: Re: Hmmm

bonosloveslave said:

My hubby would really rather not go so hopefully it would just be me, but he's not crazy about me going on a road trip with *strangers* - I keep trying to tell him that you guys aren't strangers, just, umm, strange.........:laugh:

LOL, and it's not like we're old and gross! Laura and I are just 18 and Ellen turned 19 this week. It's been like hook-up-and-road-trip-with-strangers-but-U2-fans week for me!

bonosloveslave said:

:angel: would you like references?

...although I suppose it doesn't help if they're other interferencers, huh? :D

OKAY
anyone who is going to indianapolis tomorrow!
I'ma (most likely) be there!
I WILL BE WEARING: brown coat, blue shirt, white sweater type deal, khakis, black boots, possibly a multicolored striped hat and matching gloves
I WILL BE WITH a very, very skinny cute little blonde boy who knows absolutely nothing about U2 but is very nice and says we can go bono-hunting in Indy.
Come talk to me.

Thank you, have a nice day.

I am going to be in Indy. I have tickets though. But feel free to look for me inside if you get in! I have short brown hair, with a bright red chunk on one side..I am tall and chunky and have black framed glasses..Just yell "hey Sara" and wave like a crazy!! I have to go with my dad..he is a very large man (tall and fat) with a beard and dark hair..hope that helps!!

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what time the lecture in Cincinnati starts? My sister wants to go to that one. Hmmmm.... maybe I can make a road trip.... LOL!

Back
Top Bottom