So Where In the World Is He?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Amusing pics from last night..watermarks and all!

U2 front man Bono pictured with models Sarah McGovern, Ruth O'Neill, Corina Graham and Pippa O'Connor at the Jameson Party (in honour of Actor /Writer Ed Burns) in in the VIP area of the Ambassador Theatre
Dublin, Ireland - 21.02.07

1792769.jpg

1792767.jpg

1792766.jpg

Still in Dublin, as of last night ( Saturday February 24th):

From The Irish Independent:

Bono and the Corrs star at Robbie's surprise 50th bash

BONO, the Corrs and other celebrities gave nightclub king Robbie Fox the VIP treatment as he celebrated his 50th birthday in style.

The celebrations went on into the early hours yesterday at a surprise bash attended by about 150 friends.

The boss of Renards nightclub in Dublin's South Frederick Street, who is known to patrons simply as Robbie, had been planning to be on the door of his club as usual following Ireland's rugby victory.

He discovered at the last minute that his wife Martina was throwing a surprise party.

The special night with friends took place at his Barracuda restaurant in Bray, Co Wicklow. It included a guest list which read like a who's who of the Irish showbiz and celebrity scene.

Among those attending were Bono and his wife Ali along with U2 manager Paul McGuinness, the Corrs, concert promoter Denis Desmond of MCD, businessman Dermot Desmond' son Bret, Lord Henry Mountcharles and his wife Iona, and actress Alison Doody.

They were joined by Def Leppard's Joe Elliot and and artist Guggi, property developer Johnny Rohan, Abrakebabra boss Graham Beere, hotelier David Doyle, television presenter Grainne Seoige and her husband Stephen Cullinane, Oliver Caffrey, Pat and Cathy Kenny, Dave and Ursula Fanning and Gerry Ryan and his wife Morah.

Also present were actor Liam Cunningham, Keith Duffy and his wife Lisa, fashion designer Ciaran Sweeney, model Glenda Gilson, her brother Damien and her parents Noel and Aileen, and public relations bosses Sinead Ryan and Joanne Byrne. It was Robbie's first Saturday night away from the door of Reynards for many years. When the party was over, he remarked: "I can tell you, if I had been planning it, the night of Ireland beating England would not have been my first choice."

A beaming Mr Fox joked that his youthful looks were due to a diet of "late nights and lots of water", he joked. Suprise

He said he had been delighted by the suprise party.

The highlight of the night had been when his two daughters, Megan (15) and Lorna (10), got up to sing for him, he added.

Lorna led the guests in a version of 'Happy Birthday' while Megan, a budding rock singer, performed a duet with Joe Elliot of the Def Leppard song 'Sweet Child of Mine' and a solo version of the Christina Aguilera song 'Beautiful'.

Bono was the last guest to arrive, pulling up outside the restaurant with his wife Ali shortly before 11pm.

Guests were entertained by the Camembert Quartet, followed by a disco.

The entertainment lasted until well past 2am.

biff said:
Guests were entertained by the Camembert Quartet, followed by a disco.

A disco! Now there's some pics I want to see!

Thanks for the update, Biff!

He's now in New York. This event was live and took place last night, as reported in New York Magazine:

A Conversation With Bono. Time Warner Center screening room, Time Warner Center, 10 Columbus Circle, nr. Central Park S., 6:30 p.m. The conversation will begin "promptly" at 7 p.m., to be followed by a "supper party" at 8. Supper! How quaint! Will there be meat loaf?

An event involving Bono beginning "promptly"? Wonders will never cease!

I guess all you New Yorkers missed him again, LOL!:wink:

Last edited:
News.com has several pics..too small to post and they pretty much look the same

gamma550552.jpg

556.jpg

557.jpg

Last edited:
biff said:
He's now in New York. This event was live and took place last night, as reported in New York Magazine:

A Conversation With Bono. Time Warner Center screening room, Time Warner Center, 10 Columbus Circle, nr. Central Park S., 6:30 p.m. The conversation will begin "promptly" at 7 p.m., to be followed by a "supper party" at 8. Supper! How quaint! Will there be meat loaf?

An event involving Bono beginning "promptly"? Wonders will never cease!

I guess all you New Yorkers missed him again, LOL!:wink:

Yes, the New Yorkers missed him again, BUT he still closer to us!

This was from the NY Post a week or so ago...
"February 17, 2007 -- We hear that Time Warner Chairman Dick Parsons is inviting A-listers to his 10th-floor screening room on Feb. 27 to hear Bono, Time mag's 2005 Man of the Year (with Bill and Melinda Gates), discuss his activism on behalf of Africa"

Guess it pays to pay attention to rumors..thats how I met Bono anyhow. Hope some of you get to see him this week..Im talking to you Babydoll!:pray:

Gotta be heading to L.A. anytime now. Not that I'll be driving in to look for him. Just nice to know he's in the neighborhood ;)

there is something weird about that pic, maybe all 3 of the other guys are all really tall or something. I mean, Bono is short as we all know, but he's not THAT short. He just looks oddly tiny in that pic, I don't know what it is about it....

love2bmama said:
there is something weird about that pic, maybe all 3 of the other guys are all really tall or something. I mean, Bono is short as we all know, but he's not THAT short. He just looks oddly tiny in that pic, I don't know what it is about it....

Maybe he's lost weight and the 2 others are a little heavier.:eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom