So what's with the stubble?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anu

Editor
Staff member
There ain't no place I'd rather be, baby won't you
Why does Bono eschew shaving--yet never get the full beard his Jesus-complex suggests?
He's always so scraggly, so rough, so . . .
Seriously, do the females (or the not uber-straight males) on this list find stubble hot?
I enjoy skipping shaving from time-to-time, but my wife hates it. She wants me clean, clean, clean.....

I guess it all depends on the guy or his facial structure, I mean it can make some men (like Bono, I personally feel) really hot, or some just look scruffy and nasty with even a little. Like my dad...:huh: :lol:

But I'd have to ditto Sad_Girl when it comes to Bono:drool:

I think a couple days' stubble looks sexy on Bono but I'd prefer not more than that, and it's nice to see him clean-shaven. I don't care for the full beard at all.

I'd like to see Bono with a full beard -- just to see. But I do like the stubble. I really do. Much better than the clean-shave. You get the chin dimple with a clean shave, though ... what a conundrum! :wink:

I think Bono looks absolutely the best with a little stubble. The whole beird would look.. Okay well, maybe it wouldn't be so bad. :wink: I don't really care for the whole-shaven look..

(I just started to feel like a complete idiot writing about the style of bono's facial hair :huh:)

I don't like stubble. It's physically rough, and makes a man look unkempt, and smelly.

Whats worse is men who colour the hair on their head and then grow facial stubble that is partially or completely grey. eg Bono. This is not a good look.

Sad_Girl said:
Bono looks much better with facial scruff :yes: Stubble is sexy :up:

agreed!, I love Bono with stubble, as far as Bono coloring his beard so does Edge!!..I think that they are guys who care about their looks..I dont mind a clean shaven Bono either!:D, plus the stubble on both Edge and Bono make them have "some" color on their adorable yet pale faces!!:wink:

Bono doesnt colour his beard, thats my point. If someone is going to colour the hair on their head, then they should colour their beard as well.

Or leave them both to their natural colour. So they match.

youtwohearts said:
He looks younger with the stubble, can't see the wrinkles :wink:

Odd, I think he looks younger clean-shaven. His face looks soft and smooth and you can see that adorable chin dimple. :)

And Beli's got a good point; when the beard and hair don't match, that looks really bad and it's obvious one or the other is dyed. Reddish-brown hair + charcoal grey beard is not a good combination on Bono.

Edge has also been dyeing his beard lately, and it doesn't look right at all. Sometimes it looks as though he used mascara on his beard! :laugh: And I recall at least one instance where his beard was dyed a reddish color, like he was using some of Bono's leftover hair dye! That didn't work with his coloring at all.

Bono and Edge are both very handsome men; neither of them needs to hide his face behind scraggly stubble. Shaving the beards would be much easier than dyeing them.

Last edited:
Sue DeNym said:

Bono and Edge are both very handsome men; neither of them needs to hide his face behind scraggly stubble. Shaving the beards would be much easier than dyeing them.

When was the last time Edge was completely clean-shaven? I honestly can't picture him without some sort of facial hair now, or anytime after 1990 :huh: I don't usually go for facial hair but I think it works for him. Still, he's adorable no matter what and it'd be interesting if he tried a clean-shaven look for awhile, just for a change of pace.

As for Bono, like I said, a little stubble is sexy, but it's been awhile since I've seen him totally clean-shaven. It'd be nice if he shaved more often. But he's sexy either way :shrug:

AtomicBono said:
As for Bono, like I said, a little stubble is sexy, but it's been awhile since I've seen him totally clean-shaven. It'd be nice if he shaved more often. But he's sexy either way :shrug:

Here are some recent pics of Bono clean-shaven: http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=143026&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

As for Edge, he did wear just the mustache with no beard during the Pop era, but the most recent he was totally clean shaven was the very beginning of the AB era. Still, he hasn't changed that much; a little greyer, a few charming character lines, still the same fine jaw line. I think he'd look really good beardless. And he can grow it back reasonably quickly if he decides he prefers it. Beards grow fairly quickly, unless you're trying for the ZZ Top look. ;)

Hmmm... well I like the stubble, I must admit :drool: Nevertheless, I think it'd look better if it's not so greyish, but I kinda like it when it is greyish and brown at the same time :huh:, if you know what I mean :yes:. Edge is seen like that sometimes :heart: :drool: :drool:

Back
Top Bottom