So What If Larry and Adam Got Nicknames?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought it was Lardence or Lars or Babyface...:scratch:

Anybody know where "Sparky" came from?

Last edited:
BonoFox1 said:
^I'm almost sure the Sparky nickname came from Adam farting a lot....:lol:....................................Im serious!!!
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: *laughing so hard I can't breathe* :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Ah chemgirl, I think you just have to accept us (and you too) for the uber-U2-geeks that we are! Nay, don't just accept it, revel in it!

Or were you talking about our perviness - 'cause I revel in that too! :lol:

MooMoo! said:
Ive seriously never heard him being called JamJar before... If anyone knows where that one comes from...:scratch:
It was from their Lypton Village days... And I remember Bono saying somewhere that Adam was called Mrs ..... (something) because he was a bit of an old woman. Edge was originally called Inchicore after a suburb or town in/by Dublin. I quite like that one.

MooMoo! said:
Ive seriously never heard him being called JamJar before... If anyone knows where that one comes from...:scratch:

Adam was Mrs. Burns, because sometimes came with pint of women.
Larry was known The Jam Jar. :cute:

Other nicknames were Little Biddy One Way Street, Gooks Pants Delaney and Goose.

Bono Vox of O'Connell Street...."Bono", but for a time was Bono Smelly Arse....:eek: :eyebrow:

The edge....the edge

BonoFox1 said:
^ I know it is somewhere in one of my books!...or maybe a magazine?? jeeez it would take me a bit to find it but I know I read it :)
BF1 - if you do have a chance to look for it and find it, please post the excerpt or at least the title and author of the article/book. Because this has entertained me all weekend.

I've read an interview with Bono very recently, posted on one of the fan sites, where he says they've "started calling him Sparky" or something very similar! I'll have to dig through my History, see if the link is still there somewhere.

RegularBonoFan said:
BF1 - if you do have a chance to look for it and find it, please post the excerpt or at least the title and author of the article/book. Because this has entertained me all weekend.

dude, Im talking boxes of u2 books and magazines!!! :lol:...but Ive been thinking about it and I think I know where I saw it...plus there is an Interferance member here and her user name is Jam Jar, Im sure she got that from Larrys nickname..I will try to contact her today to see if she has more info ;)

Back
Top Bottom