So What If Larry and Adam Got Nicknames?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
TedUK said:
I've read an interview with Bono very recently, posted on one of the fan sites, where he says they've "started calling him Sparky" or something very similar! I'll have to dig through my History, see if the link is still there somewhere.

Wasn't Adam known as "Sparky"?

BonoFox1 said:

dude, Im talking boxes of u2 books and magazines!!! :lol:...but Ive been thinking about it and I think I know where I saw it...plus there is an Interferance member here and her user name is Jam Jar, Im sure she got that from Larrys nickname..I will try to contact her today to see if she has more info ;)
Not the Jam Jar thing. I'm thinking that may have somethign to do with the shape of Lars' head...*ducks from projectiles from LarryGirls* I was meaning the Adam-farts-too-much thing.

still looking but in the meantime here are a few tidbits:

The thing in Lypton Village about naming people was that: 1) they thought it strange that you should go by a name given to you by your parents, when that name might not really suit you. 2) the nicknames were often associated with a facial thing and it would then also apply to the person's character. So The Edge had this prominent jaw line & was always on the edge of things: like an observer. Bono's first Village name was: Steinhegvanhuysenolegbangbangbangbang (!) Paul McGuinness became known as 'The Goose'

*Thank goodness Im perving on Bono and not "Steinhegvanhuysenolegbangbangbangbang":huh:

BonoFox1 said:
still looking but in the meantime here are a few tidbits:

The thing in Lypton Village about naming people was that: 1) they thought it strange that you should go by a name given to you by your parents, when that name might not really suit you. 2) the nicknames were often associated with a facial thing and it would then also apply to the person's character. So The Edge had this prominent jaw line & was always on the edge of things: like an observer. Bono's first Village name was: Steinhegvanhuysenolegbangbangbangbang (!) Paul McGuinness became known as 'The Goose'

*Thank goodness Im perving on Bono and not "Steinhegvanhuysenolegbangbangbangbang":huh:
:lmao:

So THAT's where "The Edge" came from. I never knew. :hmm:

Sorry about the delay, I got super distracted when I had to dig through my U2 vault...

Ok this is a bit o what I was talking about, This is when Bono and Adam decide to take a crosscountry road trip during the Joshua Tree tour break:

Mojo magazine July 2005 pg 78

"Adam has the most gaseous arse in the world"declares Bono, explaining that after a couple of days he could take no more and demanded that Adam let him out of the car. Adam drove off and Bono began hitchhicking, only to be picked up by a group of sorority girls, who invited him to a party they were throwing at their college dorm.

*ok I had to add the part about Bono getting picked up by the girls, damn that could turn out into a great fan fic :drool:
and just to continue a bit more on this article,

Last autumn, at a playback of the new U2 album for the staff at their US label Interscope, Bono was a approached by a woman who explained she was excited to be working on the record, and by the way -did he remember coming to her sorority party in Arizona way back?!

*ok I know I have the story about Larry and Adams nicknamessomewhere and I'll still look for it :)

Last edited:
BonoFox1 said:
:lmao:
That's my favourite... I laughed out loud when I read that in U2 by U2... my housemate thought I'd gone mad. :lol:

zuropa_fit said:
Ah chemgirl, I think you just have to accept us (and you too) for the uber-U2-geeks that we are! Nay, don't just accept it, revel in it!

Or were you talking about our perviness - 'cause I revel in that too! :lol:

You must have missed the thread where I was freaking out over being attracted to a 47ish man. I'd try to find it but I'm just too lazy.

Do you have any photos of Bono kissing a concert girl on the neck?

RegularBonoFan said:
Not the Jam Jar thing. I'm thinking that may have somethign to do with the shape of Lars' head...*ducks from projectiles from LarryGirls* I was meaning the Adam-farts-too-much thing.
I thought the nickname came from the Marnies' haircut but then I remembered its spell Jarhead :rejected:

Back
Top Bottom