So much for my girl cred: tell me about mascara

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martha

Blue Crack Supplier
Orange County and all over the goddamn place
I know about lipstick: you put it on in the morning, and after lunch it's gone due to drinking, eating, talking, NOT kissing in my case :mad: . And after lunch, if you remember, you put more on. That's gone by bedtime, so you just go to bed.

But with mascara, there's nothing to wear it off. So do I have to take it off before I go to bed? Or will the mascara fairies take it off for me and smear it on my pillowcase in the night?

:reject: I only wear lipstick for makeup. I wear mascara about once a year if I remember. I felt like slapping some on this morning, but I couldn't remember the consequences if I did. I like my pillowcases.

If it matters, the brand is the free Estee Lauder stuff I got with the face cleaner I used to use.

Im a make-up junkie so I can answer this.

You should take mascara off before going to bed because 1) you will wake up with racoon eyes, but you can wash it off. 2) the mascara WILL smear all over your pillowcases.

So you should wash your mascara off with soap and water before going to bed or you can use eye make-up remover if you have it, either method is fine.

If the mascara is waterproof(the mascara tube will say it)then you cannot remove it with soap and water. you have to use eye makeup remover thats specifically for waterproof mascara. I never ever buy waterproof masacara.

I hope this helps.

I HATE mascara. It itches, which makes me want to rub my eyes, but when I do, you know what happens. I can't even wash it off without making a mess. I'd look better if I wore it but I usually don't unless it's a wedding or something.

I NEVER wear waterproof mascara b/c it gets clumpy and I hate how that looks on other people so I've decided to avoid it altogether. I have some good mascara, but yet, you have to take ALL of your eye makeup off before bed. I just use my two pointer fingers and a bar of soap for my eyes and face wash cream for the rest of my face.

Vaseline is good for taking off mascara, plus it moisturizes the eye area. I just wipe off the Vaseline w/ one of those cotton rounds.The best thing I've EVER found for taking off makeup is those facial cleansing cloths-I use Olay, but there are several brands. I use them on my eye-makeup w/ no problem, but the cloths for oily skin are much more harsh, and I wouldn't use them on the eyes. I use the dry skin type.

I've tried so many different mascaras..the one I'm using now is one of the new kind w/ the thickener on one side of the wand, the mascara on the other. It does flake sometimes though. I think mine is Revlon Lash Fantasy. Another good one is Voluminous.

I've never worn mascara :reject:

I can't stand having make-up around my eyes (I can't remember the last time I used eye shadow either :( )

My idea of makeup is lipstick too :lol: I know I'd look better if I wore it, but the minute I put it on, I feel like my skin can't breathe if that makes sense :reject:

Last edited:
I find that I don't get raccoon eyes during the day if I only put it on my top lashes. And yes, ideally you should take it off before going to bed :yes:

The only make-up I wear is eye make up...mascara+eyeliner+eyeshadow...And I always forget to remover it... :reject:

bonosloveslave said:
I find that I don't get raccoon eyes during the day if I only put it on my top lashes.

Yeah...I almost never do the bottom lashes. I usually use eyeliner though. I've just discovered the wonder that is eyeliner, and I bought a whole bunch of colors. I usually go for black, but it's fun to have other options.

And yes, ideally you should take it off before going to bed :yes:

When I don't take it off, I wake up with some fabulous dark circles...looks like I was out partying until late. :laugh:

Bonochick said:

Yeah...I almost never do the bottom lashes. I usually use eyeliner though. I've just discovered the wonder that is eyeliner, and I bought a whole bunch of colors. I usually go for black, but it's fun to have other options.

Ditto, I use eyeliner (black or brown - I have really dark brown eyes and brown hair) and NEVER mascara on my bottom lashes. It doesn't look any different on the bottom since I have black eye lashes anyway. I like it on the top though, it makes the lashes more defined.

Honestly though, most mornings I use foundation, blush/bronzer, and a fine coat of eyeliner and nothing else. And today was the first time I've brushed my hair in a month I think.... :crazy: LOL, my hair is really thin and straight so it gets better when I wash and condition it at night, but I usually only brush it to put in a few tiny braids.

Anyway, I dunno what my hair has to do with mascara.....except for the time I was Bono for Halloween and my black hair dye wasn't making my hair black enough so I gave up and streaked black mascara in my hair.

Another good one is Voluminous
:drool: :drool:

I love all eye make up. I really love my liquid eyeliner but that is for another time.

I am a natural blond but I wear black mascara. You can't see my lashed otherwise....anyway...You could get an eye infection if you don't take off your eyemake up at night. I use Lancome stuff when I'm in the mood. I also have the moist cloths that I got at the drug store that are the generic version of expensive ones. They work good too. (if you could see my pillow case sometimes you'd wonder if I knew how to use them though)

Okay! Now to more important things!! Has anyone seen the new Chanel holiday sparkle mascara??!! I haven't yet but I want it badly!!! *groan*

I'm not too keen on makeup nowadays...i'm too lazy to put it on...the only time I used make up was for halloween...but I used to use it all the time last year but when we moved to Dublin I knew that as soon as it started raining my make up would be fecked up...i've wanted to start back up again...so i'm using lip gloss so far hehe...maybe i'll use foundation soon....slowly progressing

A few friends have commented on how my mascara goes on smooth and not think or chunky. It doesn't clump eye lashes at all. And it cost me.......$1.99 bwahahaa! Seriously, Wet'n Wild products ROCK!

Mullen-Girl, I hear ya about the weather! I avoid mascara in the winter b/c melting snow-flakes on non-water proof eye make-up is NOT cool!

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
A few friends have commented on how my mascara goes on smooth and not think or chunky. It doesn't clump eye lashes at all. And it cost me.......$1.99 bwahahaa! Seriously, Wet'n Wild products ROCK!

That's what I use!!! :D

Mac is the only mascara I will wear--it has no scent and wears well, doesn't clump, gives a natural look. I use organic sesame seed oil to remove it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom