So, I've been reading I Was Bono's Doppelganger...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SimplyConfused

War Child
Bowie was right! There IS life on Mars! Well, Newc
I know this ought to go in the Every Poet Is A Cannibal, Every Artist Is A Thief forum, but it's so funny I have to share it with my fellow PLEBAns.

"The first afternoon, he [Adam] wandered about with his dressing-gown flapping open, his prodigious member occasionally poking though. Having had limited exposure to the male sexual organ, Stella and Orla sat debated the strange colour and lumpy texture of Adam's underpants until it finally dawned on them that he wasn't wearing any. They burst into giggles while Paul instructed Adam to 'put it away before you frighten somebody'."

HAHAHAHAHA! I'm sure Adriana and all you other Adam lovers LOVED that! I though it was bloody hilarious. I recommend the book.

Well, I've considered getting this book...hmmmmm....well, if it's funny then I'm in. Bill Flanagans Till the end of the world was so feckin' funny that I sometimes wish I hadn't read it so I could read it again. Does that make any sense?

Makes total sense :D

I Was Bono's Doppelganger is a great book, I read it recently and I thought it was a real insight into making it in the music buisness.

I've read about seven books on U2 now, and Neil's was definitely one of the best! A few stories he told about his musical abilities were hilarious. A really great book, I especially liked how it ended.

I'm reading U2 at the End of the World right now, and it's funny and informational.

After I finish reading it though, I think I'm going to go read I Was Bono's Doppelganger :up:

thanks for the forewarning of Adam's goodies. :giggle:

!

and he used to walk around the house in his dressing gown more than once...
the book is lovely! it's so funny! :) Neil Rocks!
hm I haven't read U2 at the end of the world... I don't have it yet... need to get a little bit more money since I"m going to buy an ipod soon...:drool: then I can watch Bono at school !

*chortles* Geez. They didn't know what a /penis/ was? *wheeze.*
Wonder if we could get Adam to dangle his bits in public now?
No?
Well, it was worth a try.

Agreed it is a great book, I couldnt put down, but I also felt frustrated for Neil and his brother Ivan..I cheered so much for them but it seems like he is/was a very arrogant person and therefore didnt get where he wanted..They seemed talented though...but he lacked humbleness..so I booed him in a lot of parts..

I LOVE the part where Neil wanted to meet Bob Dylan, he was with Bono and Ali and Jacob Dylan was there (Bobs then teenage son) and Neil was talking shite about Bob because only Bono got invited to meet him not realizing that Jacob was Bobs son..Ali was in hysterics!!!

I so Recomend the book ((Also known as Killing Bono))

Last edited:
I enjoyed the Doppleganger book as well, it was interesting and fun to read from the aspect of a school chum of Bono and the boys'. He did seem somewhat jealous or bitter in some parts and there were parts that seemed to drag, he could very well have shortened the book. There seemed to be so much competition at the time they were all starting their own bands and playing music. One thing that's cool is this lot who basically grew up together do still stay in touch and remain friends.

This book is highly recommended by me....but please DO NOT waste your time on the Lola Cashman book!

I've never read any U2 related book. I really want to read U2 At The End of The World and I was Bono's Doppelganger. They seem pretty entertaining but I'm going to have to order them online since I can't find them where I live.

Carek, is the Lola Cashman book that bad? :lol:
I was thinking on add it to my order, it's called An inside to the Zoo or something like that.

I just read this book,There were some hilarious parts I definately recommend it...

Although here in the states the book is called killing Bono :|

the book is indeed called Killing Bono in the US, and I was Bono's doppelganger in the UK, and mine is imported from the Uk and is Called Killing Bono: I was Bono's doppelganger :D brillant no?

also I don't want to buy the lola cashman book! she doesn't deserve the money from it! No offence to her, but just don't steal and lie to the guys! :eyebrow:

I've seen it titled Killing Bono: I was Bono's Dopplganger in the us. At Borders.
Books have lots of titles, these days.

Back
Top Bottom