So I must be the only person with no life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sicy said:
zoeyspiderman.jpg

Its Spider Kitty:lol: :lmao:

I went to Petsmart and they didn't have the boogie mat, so im gonna have to order it online.

Sicy&Zoey:hug:

Last edited:
Spanisheyes did you get you boogie mat yet?? :D

*bump*

zoeyfishwatching.jpg

I just got a window perch for her too.. she's way spoiled :uhoh:

booperch2.jpg

lmao

zoeyminimeribbon.jpg

:wave:

Sicy said:
Spanisheyes did you get you boogie mat yet?? :D

*bump*

zoeyfishwatching.jpg

]

That is so cute, she looks hungry. I bet you she's wishing she could dive in and get one of those fish:lol:

I havent ordered the boogie mat yet, I have a post-it not on my computer saying order boogie mat, but i havent done so yet:scream:

LOL@ cats in black! :happy: Aww, look at how Zoey's laying, that's cute! :cute: Look at how she's staring at that fish tank! My Bono lays with both his long arms in front of the monitor, I've got to get a pic! The black and white one is so sweet, he looks just like Bono's daddy! :love: I :heart: kitties and kitty pics!

LMAO!!!!!!!!!! I thought you would be scared! :lol:

You put it in your sig! :lmao: :hug:

Here's Moochie :cute:
mooch_close1_fresco2.jpg

I don't know if I've mentioned it, but I volunteer for a local animal shelter, and I'm in the process of helping them create some merchandise to sell to raise money for the animals, and I used this pic of Mooch as a sample image for some greeting cards I ordered. I hope they come out ok, cuz it would be great if Moochie's image could help raise a little dough for some kitties and doggies that don't have a home. :sigh:

Bellie is sick :sad: She has a urinary infection. I took her to the vet today and now I have to give her a pill once a day till she's better.

:hug:

erised said:
Here's Moochie :cute:
mooch_close1_fresco2.jpg

I don't know if I've mentioned it, but I volunteer for a local animal shelter, and I'm in the process of helping them create some merchandise to sell to raise money for the animals, and I used this pic of Mooch as a sample image for some greeting cards I ordered. I hope they come out ok, cuz it would be great if Moochie's image could help raise a little dough for some kitties and doggies that don't have a home. :sigh:

:up: That is so cool. I tried to volunteer at the local shelter and I never got any response from my email. Their website says they don't need any volunteers right now :sad:

erised said:
I haven't posted pics of my cats in awhile...

Here's Belle looking a bit pissed off that I got so close to take the pic! :lol:
bellegrumpyface.jpg

]

:ohmy: she looks kinda evil in that picture.

My kitty is sick also, she has a cold. She's been sneezing like crazy for the past week. I took her to the vet and he gave me some drops and pills to give her. How do give your cat the pill? I have to wrestle with my kitty every time i give her medications. I have scratches all over my right hand.

SpanishEyes21 said:

My kitty is sick also, she has a cold. She's been sneezing like crazy for the past week. I took her to the vet and he gave me some drops and pills to give her. How do give your cat the pill? I have to wrestle with my kitty every time i give her medications. I have scratches all over my right hand.

Aw, hope your kitty feels better :hug:

I chop it up into little bits and put it in her food, but I only give her a little bit of food as to make sure she eats the portion with the pill, then once she does, I fill up her dish with the rest of the food. It works most of the time for me :shrug:

I know they also make this syringe thingy that you can put the pill in, and then you stick the thingy down your kitty's throat, push the little button and the pill is supposed to go right down the cat's throat, however, I have no luck with that method cuz Belle doesn't like to be held firmly, and I end up with scratches all over my legs or on my side, depending which way I'm trying to hold her. :sigh:

arw9797 said:

:up: That is so cool. I tried to volunteer at the local shelter and I never got any response from my email. Their website says they don't need any volunteers right now :sad:

Aw, that sucks. :( We are ALWAYS looking for volunteers. We can never seem to get enough.

This is how my vet told me to give a cat a pill- it seemed mean and like it wouldn't work, but it did, and the cats don't even seem to mind!

1. Open his/her mouth with your hand.
2. Lean their head back and lay the pill on the back of their tongue
3. Now close their mouth and hold the little snout shut with your hand for a second while you blow one little puff of air into the nose. That forces them to swallow.

Then just let kitty go! I have never had any choking or much complaining. I was surprised at how well it worked, but I still prefer giving them drops. Hiding it in food doesn't usually work for a cat like it does a dog or even a kid. They're too picky;) Most dogs will just gulp it down and not even notice. I have seen mine eat all around the part with the pill or crunched up pill pieces.

About the shelter not needing volunteers? :eyebrow: That sounds weird. All shelters want them. I'd be worried maybe there is something bad going on there they don't want anybody to see. But I hope it's just that there are a lot of interested people in your town, but I wonder.

All the kitty pics are :cute: :)

Oh no I'm sorry about the sick kitties! :sad: Zoey had a little cold when I brought her home from the shelter :slant: She was sneezing a lot. It wasnt that bad because the vet didnt give me any medicine.. she said that it should go away by its own, but that if she had green mucous coming out of her nose or eyes then she would need antibiotics. erised How did you realize she had a UTI?

As far as the pill, I used to have to give Sasha pills and it wasnt fun. I had one person hold her and then open her mouth and I'd huck the pill in there and shut her mouth and stroke her throat so she'd swallow.

If they eat it in their food, that's great. Some cats like U2kitten said are picky and will actually eat around the pill fragments :coocoo:

Sicy said:
erised How did you realize she had a UTI?

I noticed that when she'd pee, it'd only be a little dot (size of a quarter or so) even though she'd sit there for awhile, so she was straining...and she'd go from one litter box to the other (I have two boxes), trying to pee but not having much luck. It appears to be very similar to the symptoms of a human UTI, you know, when you always have that urge to pee but barely anything comes out? The vet asked me to bring a urine sample of Belle's when we came.... yeah, THAT was fun getting that. :|

erised said:

Aw, hope your kitty feels better :hug:

I chop it up into little bits and put it in her food, but I only give her a little bit of food as to make sure she eats the portion with the pill, then once she does, I fill up her dish with the rest of the food. It works most of the time for me :shrug:

B]

I did toss the pill in her Cat food and she just ate around it but im gonna try chopping the pill up and see if it works.

Today I bought IAM'S weight control cat food. The vet said my Kitty needs to go to Jenny Craige:lol:

erised said:
I noticed that when she'd pee, it'd only be a little dot (size of a quarter or so) even though she'd sit there for awhile, so she was straining...and she'd go from one litter box to the other (I have two boxes), trying to pee but not having much luck. It appears to be very similar to the symptoms of a human UTI, you know, when you always have that urge to pee but barely anything comes out? The vet asked me to bring a urine sample of Belle's when we came.... yeah, THAT was fun getting that. :|

Very cool that you notice behaviour change in your cat.. a lot of people dont till its too late :( I hope she'll be ok. UTI's have a habit of re-occuring :|

As for the sample, how did you do it? We had to get a sample from my parents cat (she's also got something, but they're not quite sure.. :slant: ) so what I had my mom do was set up a small new litterbox (cuz she has a littermaid) and put dry lentil beans in it. When the cat pees, the beans dont absorb it, so you just tilt the box and get your sample that way. It beats having to take the cat to the vet (what a fiasco that is) and have them get a sample the hard way :|

Back
Top Bottom