So...did you get anything U2ey?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by Mirrorball Girl:
One thing that scandalized me: during the 1992 show in Gothenburg, Bono called a beautiful blonde girl onto the catwalk. He started moaning while shaking a champagne bottle: "Woo, a good one, ah!" and then, as the cork popped out and the champagne started flying everywhere, he apparently bellowed, "Oh yeah, I'm coming!" !!!! I think this falls under the heading of "He did not!"

LMAO I wonder how long it was gonna take til any of you noticed this. I've been thinking about posting that but I guess I've felt too embarrassed to. But it's from Stockholm, not Gothenburg. It's the second night when Bj?rn and Benny joins them onstage for Dancing Queen. The boot is called Dancng Zoo TV for you who don't know. It's considered one of their best shows ever, even by themselves. It's the show when Bono says "it's ok, in Sweden we don't wear underpants" and someone asks him to show us. LOL

At the first show in Stockholm this summer, at the end of Beautiful Day he really sound orgasmic too. LOL You should listen to it if you get a chance. It wasn't because of a women though but because he had already made his first rounds around the heart and was all exhausted.
smile.gif
But it sounds funny if you don't know that.

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa
Pictures from Copenhagen (shirtless ones), London and Dublin, Slane.

Really, it's from Stockholm? Pimm Jal de la Parra has got to get his facts straight, in that case.
wink.gif
I've heard the MP3 of Dancing Queen from that concert - it's great! I was shocked that Bono actually knew the lyrics to a song he was covering, but I suppose he had practiced due to Bjorn and Benny appearing. Gina, giver of the concert documentary, also has the Dancing Zoo TV boot. I'll have to get it from her immediately!

------------------
"The minute anybody starts telling you what God thinks, or exactly why he does such and such, beware. People should never try to make God in man's image, and that's what they're constantly doing." - Madeleine L'Engle, 1963

"Some of my best friends are women. Some of my best friends dress up as women too." - Bono, Hot Press interview

"don't give up, you've got the music in you..."

Really, it's from Stockholm? Pimm Jal de la Parra has got to get his facts straight, in that case.
wink.gif
I've heard the MP3 of Dancing Queen from that concert - it's great! I was shocked that Bono actually knew the lyrics to a song he was covering, but I suppose he had practiced due to Bjorn and Benny appearing. Gina, giver of the concert documentary, also has the Dancing Zoo TV boot. I'll have to get it from her immediately!

Did you read it in the book, A concert documentary? It is even better hearing it. LOL

Acutally, Bono didn't know they were gonna join them onstage until after the first show the night before. Bj?rn and Benny asked Bono if they could join them onstage the next night at some afterparty or something. But they have covered Dancing Queen a few times before. Bono is really flattered and am saying something like "We're not worthy, this is definatly the most surreal night in my life" and are bowing to Bj?rn and Benny and then his earring gets stuck to something and Bono asks everyone to be quiet and stop cheering "we have an injury here....ahhhh.... Fuck!" and he sounds to be in real pain.

Oups, sorry to change the subject.
smile.gif
Go and get this boot if you don't have it, it's amazing! WOWY is one fo the best versions I've heard and he sings the extraverse but changed it to the swedish version "we'll shine like stars in the midnight sun...."
smile.gif

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

Yes, I read it in the book, but now I can't wait to hear it! And now to completely change the subject -- I actually got to see your midnight sun 2 summers ago! My friends and I camped in Abisko National Park for a few days in mid-June. We froze, but it was great fun.
smile.gif

What in the world did Bono get his earring stuck to?? His shirt?

Yes, I read it in the book, but now I can't wait to hear it! And now to completely change the subject -- I actually got to see your midnight sun 2 summers ago! My friends and I camped in Abisko National Park for a few days in mid-June. We froze, but it was great fun.
smile.gif

What in the world did Bono get his earring stuck to?? His shirt?

Too funny, I've lived here all my life but haven't seen the midnight sun, except for on TV. I've never been more up north then half of sweden and only that is 1000km from home. Sweden is such a long country that it feels like you can't go further up north but you're only half the way.
smile.gif
It can sure be chilly and now, the last couple of days they have had down to 35-40 minus (Celsius). But normally they have pretty warm in the summer too, around 20-25, but chillier during the nights then we have here in the south.

I don't know what his earring got stuck to, unfortunatly I wasn't there, but I can ask some I know was there if they remember what happened.
smile.gif

I didn't got nothin'. In fact: My mom hid my ATYCLB album 'cuz she got tired of hearing Elevation all Xmas eve
frown.gif

Luckly I taped it on a cassette!!

Hehe Take that mom!
biggrin.gif

------------------
*God sometimes closes the doors you use. But in another place, he opens new ones ready for you to discover. ~ Unknown

~No one is blinder than me~

Well I bought myself 3 new singles and found October on vinyl...and Santa got me Boston and R&H on dvd!
biggrin.gif
Merry U2 Christmas to me!
biggrin.gif
*spoiled*

------------------
"It's all about drums."

Whether you love me or hate me you can still email me: clarityat3am@hotmail.com

BEDAZZLER!!!!!! yee~haw!!

leather jacket!

cd! (finally got my own "Best Of")

while shopping i found meself an Edge hat too.
smile.gif

------------------
~Julie*

(aka: hoo~lee~ah, aka: Fishy's Clumsey Julie, aka: MoonPhisto)

Bedevere: ...and that, my liege, is how we know the Earth to be banana shaped.
Arthur: This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how sheep's bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.

(~Monty Python)

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to all!
Most U2-ey things I got, I gave to myself
biggrin.gif

The night before we left to go outta town for Christmas, my Red & Blue Walk On singles arrived from Australia!!! I bought myself the Elevation DVD and the 2002 calendar.
My Mom gave me another Edge number shirt from Old Navy (this one is red and grey & has long sleeves...my other 2 are short-sleeved- one is light blue and the other is grey)..all of them have the # 8 on them. Not long ago, I found a girl's version of Bono's camo jacket! I COULD NOT FIND A SINGLE U2 BOOK AT ANY BOOKSTORE I WENT TO
frown.gif
Well, I guess that's what the internet is for! I did get the latest issue of Q magazine that has U2 all in it. It's the awards issue. In it Travis & Elvis Costello (2 of my favorites)- oh yeah- and Cher? - all say that U2 is the best act on the planet! But we all knew that didn't we?
wink.gif
OH-OH-OH-- I got the most beautiful Irish Santa Claus from my parents! He plays "It's a Long, Long Way to Tipperary". Every year I get a Santa or an ornament that's Irish
smile.gif

My wonderful hubby bought me the DVD Live from Boston, AND a new DVD player. Oh, and not to forget the pearl earrings with three diamonds. He is a LOVE. I have a question girls. I went to the mall alookin' for Dune. You know why. And, they said they only had Dune for women. Not men. So, does Bono wear women's cologne or what? You sure it was Dune? For those of you who got close enough to tell fill me in. Thanks.

One thing that scandalized me: during the 1992 show in Gothenburg, Bono called a beautiful blonde girl onto the catwalk. He started moaning while shaking a champagne bottle: "Woo, a good one, ah!" and then, as the cork popped out and the champagne started flying everywhere, he apparently bellowed, "Oh yeah, I'm coming!" !!!! I think this falls under the heading of "He did not!"

Anyone know what song this is during?

------------------
~*Mona*~ Secretary of Scandalization
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

"Brian Eno is trying to prevent me from downloading an MP3 of Bono having an orgasm!!" ~Echo~

"Get me the Bean Giant!" ~Houdini~

Originally posted by izzybeth:
What I Got For Xmas:
07.jpg

oh wait....no I didn't.
frown.gif

But I did get a beginner bass! :: bouncebounce :: I can play With Or Without You! :: bouncebouncebounce ::

Also got a second leg tour t-shirt from a friend of mine. Am hoping for the Boston DVD and maybe Rattle And Hum......?

izzy ( :: bouncebounce :: )

are you seriously living my life? I swear to...something....if you go read that "in a desparate attempt to be like Bono..." thread you will see that I, TOO, rec'd a bass and I, TOO, can play WOWY!!

and mission impossible
and if god would send his angels

and i'm working on "TTTYAATW"

i swear, we were separated at birth.

Originally posted by WildHonee:
Anyone know what song this is during?

Me book says it's during Trying to Throw Your Arms Around the World.

------------------
"The minute anybody starts telling you what God thinks, or exactly why he does such and such, beware. People should never try to make God in man's image, and that's what they're constantly doing." - Madeleine L'Engle, 1963

"Some of my best friends are women. Some of my best friends dress up as women too." - Bono, Hot Press interview

"don't give up, you've got the music in you..."

Originally posted by FallDownJulie:
*spontaniously bedazzles PLEBA*

*ooo* *ahhh* *basks in the glow of rhinestone reflected light*

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)

~~~
"The idea is to eroticize the male body instead of the female." - Bono

"Well, again, within that spirit of not-seriousness... To all intents and purposes, the mystery and power of the penis is, what will it become?" - Adam

"Penises, I'm inclined to believe... are good things." - Adam

Thanks for the bedazzling, Julie!
smile.gif

I was very excited to receive the Elevation DVD, a poster, and the 2002 calendar. It sounds like we all had a very U2-ful Christmas!

I got the Elevation VHS tape (actually I got the DVD for my birthday at the end of November from a friend of mine. I haven't been able to watch the darn thing because I don't have a DVD player ... my friend is trying to entice me to buy one--he gave me two other DVDs for Christmas).

I also got the "Walk on: The Spiritual Journey of U2" book.

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

*pedal to the !!!!!!!!!*

P.S. I went to Borders today and got U2 at the End of the World and the calendar
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~ Secretary of Scandalization
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

"Get me the Bean Giant!" ~Houdini~

Originally posted by partygirl:
I have a question girls. I went to the mall alookin' for Dune. You know why. And, they said they only had Dune for women. Not men. So, does Bono wear women's cologne or what? You sure it was Dune? For those of you who got close enough to tell fill me in. Thanks.

They do have Dune for Men

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/angelperfumes/md20.html

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

i got the boston dvd.

i might be getting the 2002 calendar from my friend, but i'm skeptical. because she said she bought be something at NRM that wasn't a cd. they have calendars there but i don't think they have the U2 calendar, i'm guessing she bought the madonna one. blah! i love maddy, but with a U2 calendar you get great artists and eye candy.

------------------
Does love light up your Christmas tree?

Happy Holidays!

"And I wear gray underwear." -Bono

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

...if God will send his angels...

Originally posted by Julyfly:
Hey maddie! I saw the Bono Bio in my latest issue of Q magazine and I FREAKED that such a thing existed!!! Let us know how it is, won't you love? I wonder if & when it will be available in the states?

Yes Maddie, please keep us posted. I got the Flannigan book for Christmas, and am already on page 300, I will need something to read when I am done!!

Anyone know if this is available in Canada???

Originally posted by Julyfly:
Hey maddie! I saw the Bono Bio in my latest issue of Q magazine and I FREAKED that such a thing existed!!! Let us know how it is, won't you love? I wonder if & when it will be available in the states?

I saw this on amazon when I was gonna order the Encyclopedia. And it got the rate 1 out of 5 and the review was not nice. The girl who wrote it thought it never could happen that she was bored reading about U2 but reading Bono's bio bored her. Nothing new at all and most of it was more about the band tehn about Bono himself. And alot of faults in facts as well.
frown.gif
She had heard other diss the book but wanted to find out herself but got very dissappointed.
I really hope it's not as bad as the review, let us now when your done with it, ok??
smile.gif

------------------

Originally posted by spinninghead77:
Yes Maddie, please keep us posted. I got the Flannigan book for Christmas, and am already on page 300, I will need something to read when I am done!!

Anyone know if this is available in Canada???

I love the Flanagan book. I think I read it in two days. Speaking of which ... I think I want to read it again.

------------------
Jessica

--Bono

--Bono

Back
Top Bottom