Snooker Hall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WildHonee

Mr. MacPhisto's Loo Cleaner
Looking through the lyrics at that U2 lyrics archive site and I was going through the UF lyrics. In Promenade:

Men of straw, snooker hall

What or WHERE is snooker hall? And can I go there with Bono?

------------------
~*Mona*~
"Heaven on earth -- we need it now" -U2-

"Peace does not mean getting your way.
Your ugliness could be my beauty,
your ugliness could be me."

isnt that a hall where they play snooker? like a bar where one can play pool? (or hall for that matter)

omg! What's SNOOKER?! Them imported boys cause me trouble.

O it's pool? Why can't he say pool hall then? Although Bono saying "snooker" is a lot funnier.

------------------
~*Mona*~

Originally posted by Crzy4Bono:
LOL - 'cause he's not an American?

*hangs head in shame*
*wraps Bono up in a big American flag* *flies him back to US*
My imported hot tamale!!!!!

------------------
~*Mona*~

Some people here say they're gettin' "snookered" when they get drunk...I doubt that is what Bono was talking about though.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

Originally posted by Bonochick:
Some people here say they're gettin' "snookered" when they get drunk...I doubt that is what Bono was talking about though.
biggrin.gif

! Shame shame Bono!
smile.gif

Snooker sounds like some sort of desert. Think I'll have me some snooker and chocolate right now.

------------------
~*Mona*~

im not sure if snooker is the same as pool.. BBC shows it a lot.. (red & coloured balls, have to shoot one red, than one coloured one, than one red.. etc, till all the read are gone (the coloured once they put back) and than all the coloured once in some order till none is left).

yes we do have lots of commercial breaks here and yes i zap a lot.. and no i prob dont understand it myself either

Originally posted by Shirley:
im not sure if snooker is the same as pool.. BBC shows it a lot.. (red & coloured balls, have to shoot one red, than one coloured one, than one red.. etc, till all the read are gone (the coloured once they put back) and than all the coloured once in some order till none is left).

yes we do have lots of commercial breaks here and yes i zap a lot.. and no i prob dont understand it myself either
*stares blankly at computer*

Sometimes I watch "are you being served?" on PBS. *end Mona's British story* Also Russell Watson' a hot tamale. That's all I know about Britian
smile.gif

*wants Bono to snooker me* lol! I just defined snooker

------------------
~*Mona*~

Originally posted by WildHonee:
My imported hot tamale!!!!!

k, now im reallllly curious what tamale means, ive seen u use it over and over again.. (i always thought it was food, lol, or something like that, dunno why)

k, now im reallllly curious what tamale means, ive seen u use it over and over again.. (i always thought it was food, lol, or something like that, dunno why)

lol! Pleba girls add to the roledex of reasons why I'm crazy

It is a food. For some reason I also use it to refer to Bono and Larry
smile.gif
I don't know why! Maybe cause it's a very yummy food!
smile.gif

Just a term of endearment / lust.

------------------
~*Mona*~

hmm, explains why u said this once: 'HOLY MOTHER OF MEXICO!!!!!! TAMALES IGUANA!!!!!!!!! FELIZ SAMARITAN GORGONZOLA!!!!!!!'

just reading those words of a menu, like gorgonzola, lol

hmm, explains why u said this once: 'HOLY MOTHER OF MEXICO!!!!!! TAMALES IGUANA!!!!!!!!! FELIZ SAMARITAN GORGONZOLA!!!!!!!'

lol! I wrote that? *shame*

*Bono takes note and asks Edgey to remind him to have a LOT of pepper spray while around DC*

*makes PLEBA a little more cultured and yet slightly more terrified*

------------------
~*Mona*~

Originally posted by Discoteque:
SNOOKER is a type of pool/billiards, y'all...

smile.gif

Maybe Bono should fly us overseas and teach us about all things not American.
smile.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
"We're one, but we're not the same. We get to carry each other"

jjjjjjjjjjjiiiiiiiimmmmmmmyyyyyyyy wwhhhiiittteeeee, yay i love that man, hes the rock star of snooker.
snookers kinda like a formal game of pool more rules and colours,

------------------
****angel featured shadows on walls dusted gold****

Yeah, that sounds like Mona!!!
biggrin.gif
tamales are actually very yummy, so it is fitting that Bono, Edgie, Adam & Mr.Mullen are hot tamales!
biggrin.gif

Tamales Iguana.....now those are 2 words you don't see together, except as Mona's colorful phrases!! They crack me up all the time! Keep it up Mona!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

*+*MaRiA*+*

There is ALOT of snookering going on in the Lemon video, esp the long version remix video. Lots of snookering there, esp Larry!
smile.gif

------------------
"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

*+*MaRiA*+*

Originally posted by sparkys girl:
There is ALOT of snookering going on in the Lemon video, esp the long version remix video. Lots of snookering there, esp Larry!
smile.gif

*wants to snooker Larry*

------------------
~*Mona*~

Originally posted by mistyrose:
! Shame shame Bono!
smile.gif

Snooker sounds like some sort of desert. Think I'll have me some snooker and chocolate right now.

OMG, Mona, you're in a desert and all you can think of is chocolate? Not even water? Tsk, tsk. LOL, sorry, but I am an editor...and you wrote *desert* when you meant *dessert*. Yup.
smile.gif

I wouldn't mind Bono teaching me how to snooker. That sounds so sexy and kinky, you know? Much better than pool, which we Americans call it. SIGH.

Yes, you *do* bring a lot of culture to the PLEBA ladies Mona, good job! He and Larry along with Edge and Adam are all muy guapo, caliente tamales!
wink.gif

tania
lol! O no!!!! No! I one the speling be in the forth grade. Heheh *rex havik on tania's editorial I*

Wouldn't mind to be in a desert snookering Bono either.

Bono says: (still in Dr Suess mode from running the zoo)
I will not snooker in a box!
I will not snooker with a fox!
I only snooker with Mona
ehhh nothing rhymes with me.

I'd snooker Bono anywhere. (LOL! what am I saying?! *pokes Bono with pool stick*)

------------------
~*Mona*~

! Shame shame Bono!
smile.gif

OMG, Mona, you're in a desert and all you can think of is chocolate? Not even water? Tsk, tsk. LOL, sorry, but I am an editor...and you wrote *desert* when you meant *dessert*. Yup.
smile.gif

I wouldn't mind Bono teaching me how to snooker. That sounds so sexy and kinky, you know? Much better than pool, which we Americans call it. SIGH.

Yes, you *do* bring a lot of culture to the PLEBA ladies Mona, good job! He and Larry along with Edge and Adam are all muy guapo, caliente tamales!
wink.gif

tania

Back
Top Bottom