Smoking Onstage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gluey

Blue Crack Addict
I've got Zoo TV playing (yay for it arriving in the post today!!) and I've just realised that Bono and Adam are both seen smoking on stage!! Wow, times have changed, don't see that anymore (or do you and I've just had my head in the sand??) Must admit there is something cute with Adams upside down smile with a cigarette hanging out the corner....

ooh i'll have to find that one!! Never saw or heard much about 'the Daltons' at this end of the world! Good on the guys for stopping it or at least slowing it down!!! I know from watching my man how hard it is!!

Has anyone got a pic of Adam how i described him in my first post? Its just sooo cute!! Wouldn't mind seeing more pics of the Daltons too....

http://www.you tube.com/watch?v=9AVlqpHBE7Q&search=the%20daltons%20u2

:lmao: :laugh: Oh my god i nearly fell off my chair laughing!! That was the funniest thing I have ever seen!! Go the Daltons!! Love the sisters sexy legs!!!

1987-11-01-Dalton-Brothers.jpg

I read some where Bono saying that he started smoking during zoo period , he said it was something to do when people are staring
at you in a resturant . but there are pictures of him smoking at a much younger age , when did he start ? :confused:

as described by Neil McCormick in Killing Bono, he started smoking around 1987, because of all the stress that came with their success.. Edge also smoked then..
Edge quit a long time ago... not sure when.. Adam quit in '93 together with the drinking... Bono still occasionally can be seen with a cigar... but I'm not sure if he still smokes non-stop..

Galeongirl said:
as described by Neil McCormick in Killing Bono, he started smoking around 1987, because of all the stress that came with their success.. Edge also smoked then..
Edge quit a long time ago... not sure when.. Adam quit in '93 together with the drinking... Bono still occasionally can be seen with a cigar... but I'm not sure if he still smokes non-stop..

I don't know about that , he looks pretty young here .
so Adam really quit ?

acc69fe5.jpg

In the POPmart: Live from mexico city there is also a little part where you can see Adam having a smoke during the concert.

Does somebody have a screen of that?

gluey said:
I've got Zoo TV playing (yay for it arriving in the post today!!) and I've just realised that Bono and Adam are both seen smoking on stage!! Wow, times have changed, don't see that anymore (or do you and I've just had my head in the sand??) Must admit there is something cute with Adams upside down smile with a cigarette hanging out the corner....

awww yeah the upside down smile & siggie :wink:

Plus Bono smoking looks hot. Very bad for him but hot :drool:

In the pic above with Bono lighting up at a very young age, I heard that was only part of his stage show and he didn't smoke off stage.

bonocomet said:
In the pic above with Bono lighting up at a very young age, I heard that was only part of his stage show and he didn't smoke off stage.

:tsk: that really dissapoints me...

I really hate people who smoke for attention, I know a few.... just sad really...

but him smoking the cigarillio's is hot :combust:
why is it so hot to see him do bad things? :lol:

yeah, but Bono in front of that Video wall with the Cigarette did look cool//

People are mixing it up - Adam stopped drinking because of missing the ZooTV concert, but he still smokes.

And I recall an interview in the Elevation era in which Edge was still smoking.

^I am not tring to be rude but how do you know why Adam stop drinking?

phillyfan26 said:
People are mixing it up - Adam stopped drinking because of missing the ZooTV concert

Not that I'm a fan of speculation, but I'd wager that missing the show was a symptom of a larger problem, not the problem itself. Whatever the issues were, all interviews point to Adam cleaning up and moving on. :D

macfesto said:
yeah, but Bono in front of that Video wall with the Cigarette did look cool//

True dat

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Not that I'm a fan of speculation, but I'd wager that missing the show was a symptom of a larger problem, not the problem itself. Whatever the issues were, all interviews point to Adam cleaning up and moving on. :D

True dat

Right on:yes:

Back
Top Bottom