small rumour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

biff

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Found this on the @U2 forum:

In one of Dublin's papers this morning, there's a pic of Bono looking like he's leaving a club, and the note under the pic is, "Rumours abounded about the state of Bono's arm which was seemingly very swollen as he left London's Cuckoo Club yesterday (Sunday). He was partying with Greenday."

Flavia (or anyone else), did you see anything about this in the Dublin papers?

Bono's Betty said:
:ohmy: that would explain the other pics of him in London.

But weren't those a few days ago? This was just last night, and he's been seen several times over the past few days looking fine.

biff said:

But weren't those a few days ago? This was just last night, and he's been seen several times over the past few days looking fine.

He was leaving the Cuckoo Club a few days ago :confused:.

Did he go back to the same club? Or did the Dublin paper get confused?

I think I saw the same caption regarding the pics from a few days ago.

Last edited:
biff said:

They were a few days ago. Hmm :scratch: I don't know.

biff said:

In one of Dublin's papers this morning, there's a pic of Bono looking like he's leaving a club, and the note under the pic is, "Rumours abounded about the state of Bono's arm which was seemingly very swollen as he left London's Cuckoo Club yesterday (Sunday). He was partying with Greenday."

Couldn't have been this past Sunday, he was in LA...even if they stepped on a plane straight from the event, say 3PM - 10 hr. flight+8 hr. time difference=9AM London...

I saw the newspaper article and he was in his 'Napoleon' pose with his typical Bono sleeves. His fingers looked normal, but as they are short and not very thin they assumed that he had a problem with his arm as they thought his fingers were swollen.

The picture was taken last Thursday and appeared in the Metro yesterday (Monday).

ali is being too rough on him...

I hope all will be well and this doesnt halt any new album , tour or the performance on monday.

biff said:

Yes, I saw that! :eyebrow:

To be honest; I have no idea why they mention a swollen arm. To me, nothing looked out of the ordinary. Either that or I´m a serious spacer. :wink:

biff said:

I think they used the pic from a few nights ago and said it was from last night. I think they got it wrong.

hmm, they should compare those pics to other ones...
Bono has huge hands for his length, and thick short fingers... so yea, he's always had the 'swollen' look..

They just thought his fingers were swollen (which they were not, just normal short, stubby fingers) and because he kept his arm in the position that you would normally keep it in if it's broken they thought there was something wrong with him.

Dutch Partygirl said:
They just thought his fingers were swollen (which they were not, just normal short, stubby fingers) and because he kept his arm in the position that you would normally keep it in if it's broken they thought there was something wrong with him.

Amateurs! :rolleyes:

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom