SLANE!!!!!!U2 connection!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lemonboy

Refugee
SLANE 2002 EVENT ANNOUNCED 29TH MAY

SATURDAY 24TH AUGUST

HEADLINE ACT - STEREOPHONICS
SUPPORTED BY: NICKELBACK, DOVES, COUNTING CROWS, THE REVS

SPECIAL GUESTS TO BE ANNOUNCED

TICKETS PRICED AT ?49.50 (incl. booking fee) GO ON SALE 9AM SATURDAY JUNE 15TH.

TICKETS CAN BE PURCHASED FROM TICKETMASTER OUTLETS NATIONWIDE.
FOR 24 HOUR BOOKINGS TEL:

1890 925 100 (REPUBLIC OF IRELAND)

0870 243 4455 (NORTHERN IRELAND)

353 + 1 569 569 (INTERNATIONAL)

FOR VIP TICKETS OR CORPORATE PACKAGES EMAIL: slanecastle@oceanfree.net

Lemonboy, I'm confused, is there a rumor that the "Special Guest" is U2.... sorry I just don't see U2 anywhere in the report you gave.

ooo that is one day before my birthday.

*checks finances* Can I go to Ireland for my birthday????

No, Dang :sad:

OOOOOO! STEREOPHONICS!

I :heart: Kelly! heeeeeee'zzz sooooo cuuuuuute!

kellycollage.jpg

:drool:

pssssst - Daisy....the Stereophonics opened for U2 on some dates during the Elevation tour! I'm guessing that's the U2 connection. :tongue:

Last edited:
I'm sooooooo going!!!

Stereophonics were opening for U2 last year... brings back so many memories!

They rock!!!!!

:up:

*checks bank balance*

No it doesn't look like I will be going. WAH! I wanna go, I love Stereophonics.

Of course I could always spend my student loan. :evil:

Tempting. Actually if I swim across to Ireland or smuggle myself in a ferry, and then sneak in to Slane without paying I will be able to afford it! :D

I have seen Stereophonics, Doves, and The Revs play live this year in belfast well the revs with muse in dublin castle and im going to Slane this year again too wooohooooo :D of course it wont be like seeing U2 but those bands are excellent live excpet nickleback *shudder*

chels82 said:
OOOOOO! STEREOPHONICS!
pssssst - Daisy....the Stereophonics opened for U2 on some dates during the Elevation tour! I'm guessing that's the U2 connection. :tongue:

Yea, they opened in Antwerp! We ended up sitting right next to them in a bar in town.

We didn't even know who they were (thought they were English U2 fans, even joked a bit with them about the bartender...) until some girls came over to ask for autographs and then we suddenly realised we had seen them before... LOL... someone in our group said: 'Hey isn't that the bass player of the Stereophonics? He looks an aweful lot like him :)

But they were very nice and I think they even liked the fact that we didn't recognize them and that they didn't have to play 'the big star role' for just a sec :)

Anyway, we just pretended we didn't know who they were and we didn't ask for autographs or anything. That would have spoiled the evening, I guess...

But I have to tell you they can drink an enormous amount of Guinness :eek: :shocked:

L

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom