Slane pictures!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
I just found these originally posted on another forum by NicaMom!

Look at how sweet Bono is, taking Edge's hand.

imdf25082001160320a.jpg

Bono has a new jacket, red stripes, no star.
sla07d_full.jpg

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

Originally posted by NicaMom- more Bono at Slane!

sla12d_full.jpg

Thanks to Starr- view of Slane festival from the air!
_1508391_slane300.jpg

Thanks to Autumn454- the double heart stage setup!
slane2.jpg

------------------

Thank you NicaMom! Yes, the fan is so lucky and the Irish sky sure is a Beautiful Day! The news report said it had been raining but cleared up, maybe Bono's Dad sending him a gift from Heaven? (tears coming to my eyes)

Where are all the PLEBA girls? Please keep them coming NicaMom! What a special time!

------------------

Those pics are pretty! Lookit all those ppl! Holy toledo!

Hey what's with Bono's jacket? I don't dislike it, but *random stripes*
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
"What you don't have you don't need it now, What you don't know you can feel it somehow." ~U2~

"You give me something to sleep to at night" ~Michelle Branch~

Thanks for posting those! They're great! And look at all the people there- I wonder how early you had to get there to be in the heart.
eek.gif

------------------
"We miss our lemon, I'd just like to say that." - Bono 5/9/01

Nicamom,
Thank you so much for posting those!! I cant believe you already have them done! i can't figure out this time zone thing!

they are beautiful!!! double hearts?! all those people!! oh wooowwwww!

------------------
We move through miracle days

My fanatical U2 webpage: Take Me Higher

Concert pics already, fantastic! I love the one of Bono looking down taking the fan's hand! Are there any pics of Bono after he took off his shades yet? I like the new jacket. What a day! Everything they've done sounds amazing. This is too exciting, being able to follow it as it's happening.
I WISH I WAS THERE!!

mdf41674.jpg

------------------
'listen as hope and peace try to rhyme' -*POP*

"Irish people are like Texans" -Bono, 4-3-01

What would Jesus Not do?

Along with the pictures, some interesting background and info! DAMN do I wish I could have been there!!!
frown.gif
frown.gif

---
To: u2-list@yahoogroups.com

OK. A fun afternoon from the sounds of it. The notes that go along with the setlist Phil just posted are:

Comments: U2 plays the Slane Festival for the first time since opening for Thin Lizzy 20 years ago. 'A Sort of Homecoming' is an early surprise, and makes its first live appearance since June 27, 1987, when U2 played a homecoming show in Dublin's Croke Park. A snippet of Coldplay's 'Yellow' is included at during Bad. An image of Bob Hewson is shown on the screens during 'One'. U2 leave the stage to fireworks.

Some notes about the notes:

The images of Bob Hewson were outtakes from the One video. I'm told it was a really nice presentation. Bono dedicated the song to his father.

A Sort of Homecoming was the full song, and they sounded in top form for it. Sounded really nice to hear it again after all this time (even if it was over a crappy cell phone). Dancing in the Moonlight was another unexpected treat.

Dreamchaser had people filming everything tonight. Rory said there were cameras going everywhere.

The show ended with the Unforgettable Fire playing over the PA system and fireworks lighting up the sky. [OH, to have been there!]

Expect some video snippets of the whole thing later on tonight after the crew get out of the castle grounds and back to the hotel.

Aaron

---
>
> Straight from Slane, via Canada:
>
> Elevation
> Beautiful Day
> Until The End of the World
> New Year's Day
> Kite
> A Sort of Homecoming
> I Will Follow
> Sunday Bloody Sunday
> Wake Up Dead Man
> Stuck in a Moment
> In A Little While
> Dancing in the Moonlight (Thin Lizzy)
> Desire
> Staring at the Sun
> Bad Snippets: Yellow (Coldplay) and "40"
> Where the Streets Have No Name
> Mysterious Ways
> Pride (in the name of love)
>
> Encore:
> (Charlton Heston video)
> Bullet the Blue Sky
> With or Without You
> One (images of Bob Hewson on the screens)
> Walk On / Hallelujah
>
> Outro: Unforgettable Fire
> Fireworks after the band leaves the stage.

Awesome pics NicaMom! And cool article Disco!
wink.gif

------------------
~*Dream Out loud*~

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica* .???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

[This message has been edited by SweetOnU2 (edited 08-25-2001).]

To have been there would have been fecking amazing.
eek.gif
That sky was absolutely breathtaking. And if Dreamchaser was filming, can we expect a "Under a Purple Haze Sky"? video sometime soon? lol

On another note, I'm tearing up just thinking of all the emotion that must've been pouring out from everyone at the show, especially the guys.

Wow.

------------------
"Enough of this video bullsh**, I'm going to give you some culture. Know what I mean?" -Larry, ZooTv Era

"the soul needs beauty for a soul mate"

-April

These are really beautiful - with the purple sky. I really love them!! I can't imagine what it was like there
eek.gif
I would've killed to see the fireworks with the Unforgettable Fire playing .. I love that song
smile.gif

Those are wonderful pics of Slane...thanks to everyone who posted them. I do think Bono looks sullen in that pic of him reaching out to a fan. His eyes look so sad, I don't know how he does it. You have to admire someone like him. God bless him.
smile.gif

------------------
"Bass players attract the weirdest fans..." --Edge

"I think the psychology of the bass player is interesting. If you've chosen that instrument, you've decided in a way that your role is to support, to make everyone else feel confident".--Adam

"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

***Maria***

Originally posted by Autumn454:

capt.998777853ireland_u2_slane_concert_lon118.jpg
...anyone seen that movie 'jaws?'
biggrin.gif

mdf41674.jpg

Mona: shoves Edge off stage
wink.gif

I don't like where that lady in red's camera is pointing....
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
"What you don't have you don't need it now, What you don't know you can feel it somehow." ~U2~

"You give me something to sleep to at night" ~Michelle Branch~

Back
Top Bottom