Skanky Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gman

New Yorker
Does anyone know......does Bono have a fashion advisor? I mean his gear at the races was horrendous. And he is regualarly dressed questionably. Just got to thinking, is he solely to blame for these disasters:huh:

I don't think Bono has any advisor when it comes to fashion, especially when he's about to go out in private. So he alone is to blame for everything. Maybe Ali for not holding him back. But if he feels ok in the stuff he's wearing that's fine for me. The races were a private thing and I've seen him look fine at past public events.

But, yes, sometimes his choice in clothing is really questionable, to say the least. Bono has said himself that he does not care much about those things, most of the time he simply takes the clothes he finds at the end of the bed. But I don't care much about that, since I'm not a fashion orientated person.

It's good he's not like other celebrities who fret over their appearence day in and day out.
He just wears what he feels comfortable in.

Each time I've seen him, he's worn the same gear.
Only difference second time round is that he was wearing shoes instead of sandals.

unico said:
thread title = A+
I agree! :lol:

And as for Bono's clothes... I swear to god, he does it on purpose. That's the only explanation I can come up with for some of his outfits. He's a smart man, so I can't believe he'd be so stupid as to think some of those combinations are fashionably acceptable.

Somebody post a photo from around 2002, when he had on the blue suit, untucked checked shirt, and gold tie... I think maybe that one's the worst.

DreamOutLoud13 said:

Somebody post a photo from around 2002, when he had on the blue suit, untucked checked shirt, and gold tie... I think maybe that one's the worst.

Yeah, that's one legendary outfit. :crazy:

I don't think he does. I check here for pics from time to time and even I notice he's typically wearing some combination of the same twelve pieces. What fashion adviser would dress someone the exact same way every time he went out?

He is an artist. He is eccentric. He can dress however he pleases. IMO, it's so refreshing to me that he is an individual and not some manufactured celebrity poser. Bono is who he is, inside and out, and that is a BEAUTIFUL thing.
We shouldn't be trashing his fashion choices even if they are not to my liking or anybody elses.
I have way too much respect for the man.
IMO There are way more important things in the world to be concerned about!

Jeannieco said:
He is an artist. He is eccentric. He can dress however he pleases. IMO, it's so refreshing to me that he is an individual and not some manufactured celebrity poser. Bono is who he is, inside and out, and that is a BEAUTIFUL thing.
We shouldn't be trashing his fashion choices even if they are not to my liking or anybody elses.
But it's so fun to make fun of him! I mean, personally, I laugh at him out of love :heart: If he weren't such a complete spaz sometimes, he wouldn't be nearly as interesting, or as fun to be a fan of.

bonocomet said:
Agreed tho that I really don't care what he wears, I like that he wears a lot of the same stuff over and over.
I read this as:

"I really don't care what he wears, as long as he wears a lot of it"

And I was like 'What kind of PLEBAn are you?! :tsk:'

:lol:

DreamOutLoud13 said:

I read this as:

"I really don't care what he wears, as long as he wears a lot of it"

And I was like 'What kind of PLEBAn are you?! :tsk:'

:lol:

You know I would never say that :tsk:

Unless you said as long as he wears a lot more t-shirts :D

:tsk: this thread fails without this next little thing...

bonosuitlolbu6.jpg

:wink: much better...

and no, I don't know WHY he does it either... this man has no fashion sense, period!
:lmao: but it's a good thing cause he makes me laugh every time I see him in one of those ridiculous outfits..
(srsly Bono, just a tshirt and jeans is FINE enough, or a shirt and jeans... )

The man wouldn't be so interesting if he wore just regular stuff like anyone else.

BUT I must say I would LOVE more purple on him.

Maybe not necessarly in combination with a golden tie. :giggle:

Jeannieco said:

I'm loving this thread - title included. :wink:

Bono is ultimately responsible for what he wears. He has often said that he is not that fashion-conscious as we can see from his occasional decisions to wear that gold tie with checkered and blue denim shirts. :ohmy:

You gotta love Bono for this. It shows his complete sense of individuality and lack of concern for the media which could have a field day ripping up his clothes choices.

From what has been reported, Bono does occasionally allow Ali to pick out some of his outfits when they are going out to more formal occasions.

As has already been said here, I think she took a pass on this occasion since it was just a day out at the horse races. ;)

Interesting thread....maybe we could get some more pics of Bono's interesting choices in dressing himself.

GOTTA LOVE BONO....:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

I love him in that denim shirt. Maybe not with a suit :giggle: but it looks great on him. Keep wearing it Bono :drool:

:lol: @ Skanky!

Now we know WHY Bono usually sticks to black, he is a fashion disaster :madspit: But that said, I don't tend to be looking at his clothes :shifty:

When I saw the title of this thread, I was going to direct a "GET OUT" :angry: to gman. But after reading it, I have to say that I don't think I've ever seen Bono wearing anything I thought was "skanky", except maybe that pimp suit and hat. :wink:

As far as I'm concerned, he can wear whatever he damn well pleases!

Curious, in the 80s when they had no stylists, Bono looked reasonably OK. Now, they employ stylists and Bono looks worse than ever. Takes some talent, that! :wink:

I LOVE the (Red) and denim shirts, they look so comfy, make me want to cuddle up to him. :cute:

(well, maybe not in combination with a suit and tie ...)

Galeongirl said:
:tsk: this thread fails without this next little thing...

bonosuitlolbu6.jpg

:wink: much better...

and no, I don't know WHY he does it either... this man has no fashion sense, period!
:lmao: but it's a good thing cause he makes me laugh every time I see him in one of those ridiculous outfits..
(srsly Bono, just a tshirt and jeans is FINE enough, or a shirt and jeans... )

But in this delightful picture he had HAIR!

:wink:

*volunteers to be Bono's personal wardrobe assistant and dresser* :whistle: :evil:

Back
Top Bottom