"Sir" Bono and Edge party @ Lillies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Galeongirl said:
great, Showbizireland starts the argument about the knighthood again :sigh: they too think he shouldn't accept it...

:rolleyes:

Thanks for the pics anyway :)

They think he shouldn't accept because it's "uncool" for a rock star.
As if being cool was a priority of Bono these days.

last unicorn said:

They think he shouldn't accept because it's "uncool" for a rock star.
As if being cool was a priority of Bono these days.

yes exactly.... hanging with politicians and erasing world debt isn\t exactly cool either...
to quote a certain irishman, it would look much cooler if he would stand on the barricades with a bandana over his nose and a molotov coctail... but does that help Africa?

:wink: and he always said that U2 never wanted to be cool, they wanted to be hot!

talking about the knighthood...here one of the crappiest newspaper i've ever read wrote an article about this and said something like :"It's official, Bono's days are now over" and i was like WTF???:huh: ...then it explained that every single artist who received the knighthood recorded crappy albums afterwards and never got back to the "ancient glory":eyebrow:...they brought examples like Macca or Geldof....i just had to laugh out loud while reading it....:rolleyes:

kellyahern said:
McCartney's last album was his most critically acclaimed in years and nominated for several grammy awards, so :shrug:. Maybe not to "ancient glory" standards, but way better than the years immediately before he became "Sir Paul".

:yes:
yeah, that knighthood sure put an end to the "glory" that was Wings, right? :p

Niamh_Saoirse said:
20258-12-t.jpg

20256-12-t.jpg

20253-12-t.jpg

20255-12-t.jpg

OH MY GOD......what night was this .....I was there at Lillies on the night of the 28th!

And I just walked in.....no one questioned my presence at all!
guess they just thought I was a star....LOL

Back
Top Bottom