Since we're posting summer dates...where do you plan to be ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

browneyedgirl

War Child
For all us Pleba girls who don't live in Europe...are you already thinking about it.....
wink.gif
You know what I mean....how the hell are you going to manage getting to Europe this summer !!!!!!

All I know is I've got three weeks vacation from the job and big dreams floating around in my head thanks to Cat's post......I'd probably need a few traveling partners as my friends will think I've totally lost my mind !!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

LOL.....I've never been to Europe so what better time than now to go....and what better excuse !!!!

I have this project with my friend to travel around Europe this summer, and now I really, really want to go!!!

Maybe to the show in Nice?? I have to be there!!!!!

------------------
"The goal is elevation"
"Midnight is when the day begins"

elizabeth....Italy....that sounds amazing....

I'm thinking more Hyde Park and one in Ireland....
It's happening this time....I'm making sure of it !
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Come on PLEBA girls I know we have alot of globe trotting going on in here...
What's your dreams for the summer....I hope to dream out LOUD !!!!

Originally posted by Mrs. Edge:
I have always wanted to see U2 in Holland (I'm half Dutch), so if they're playing there, I AM GOING!
biggrin.gif

I totally believe that !!!
I missed Vegas with you girls (no I'm still not over it !!!
wink.gif
),so if there's a European
trip planned I'M IN !!!
We must take our North American PLEBA group global !!!!
wink.gif

I haven't posted here in... nearly a year?!
eek.gif
eek.gif

I MUST go to Europe this summer!!! anywhere!! I missed the 3rd leg because tickets went on sale when I was in the hospital. now I'm determined to go to Europe. unfortunately, I've been informed by my mother that it's not going to happen unless I have companions. (so, who's going with me?
wink.gif
)

Dammit, dammit, dammit!!! I'll be in London in March--don't think I can offord another trip like that. I guess I was spoiled last year, but still I want to see them in Europe!!!!!!!

------------------
I've been walking Central Park
Singing after dark
People think I'm crazy

let's see, should i take my saved college money and blow it in europe having the time of my life and seeing U2?
wink.gif
or should i go to college in the fall?

*thinks*

perhaps, i should that money taken out of my name so i can't touch it.
biggrin.gif

------------------
)|( Vande )|(

"Rock 'n' roll is a term that's been heavily abused. It's not
something you can buy in a record shop. It's an attitude." -Adam

"And I wear grey underwear." -Bono

Everyday can be a beautiful day. Don't let it get away.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

It?s cold outside, but brightly lit...

I really want to see the boys in Ireland. Not just the concert either. I want to do the whole U2 trip, see their houses, the school where they met, take my pic in front of BONOVOX Hearing Aids.

Unfortunatly, I am leaving the nest this year, and don't have the money to travel!!!

I wish that they would hire me as some sort of assistant on the tour.....

*sigh*

I am dreaming...

I was going to study abroad this coming year and attempt to attend the shows in France in August...but it looks like I might not be able to get there...financial costs seem to be overwhelming...*sigh*

I'm crossing my fingers cause I think it would be really cool to travel around and see them...but alas, I am a poor college student...

------------------
BONO: FOAD, Lawrence. Just FOAD. (LOL, Mona)

You can dream, so dream out loud!

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Dammit. U2 + Europe = My head exploding. I want to see them there so bad. Ireland (I'm w/ you Spinning), Italy, France etc... that would rock so hard. But yeah, the $$ situation, and I'll probably be taking summer school. Auuughh dammit I want to go!
But I live close to Mexico, so at least that's a definite possibility...

Me, me, I wanna go to Europe! I was supposed to go in October but I ended up cancelling my trip after Sept.11th. So I'm in, that is if I manage to save the money I made and not spend it all on U2 stuff...

LL

------------------
Get your head out of the mud baby...

All our songs are about God or women, and we often get the two mixed up.--Bono

My strongest trait is curiosity, I'm just lifting stones, you know, opening doors. Looking out windows, around corners, up skirts...--Bono

Woohoo! I'm the fly, no more babyface for me
wink.gif

LL

------------------
Get your head out of the mud baby...

All our songs are about God or women, and we often get the two mixed up.--Bono

My strongest trait is curiosity, I'm just lifting stones, you know, opening doors. Looking out windows, around corners, up skirts...--Bono

Originally posted by PostScript:
I'm determined to go to Europe. unfortunately, I've been informed by my mother that it's not going to happen unless I have companions. (so, who's going with me?
wink.gif
)

LOL....I'm 28 and my mother has informed me of the same thing !!!
wink.gif
OH well, Moms.... what are you gonna do !!

Anyway I'm determined to go also....e-mail and we'll talk....have you been to Europe before ?

Oh my e-mail....
fxxamm@aol.com
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by browneyedgirl (edited 01-17-2002).]

Sarajevo. If there is a show there after August 15th, I will be there. If not, I'll hit whatever cities are scheduled for late august. I ain't picky.
wink.gif

Staying at home, poor and just reading the setlists and looking at pictures.
frown.gif
Oh well. I should be thankful I got to go as many as I did.
smile.gif

------------------
"Don't call me Shirley." - Larry

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

"Bono? Bono is going to tie ropes around my neck? Wait a minute.." - Edge, when shooting the 'Numb' video

Originally posted by browneyedgirl:
wink.gif

I thought it was just my family was like that (I'm 24). Glad to know there are other gals out there with slightly overprotective parents.

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

Originally posted by madonna's child:
let's see, should i take my saved college money and blow it in europe having the time of my life and seeing U2?
wink.gif
or should i go to college in the fall?

*thinks*

perhaps, i should that money taken out of my name so i can't touch it.
biggrin.gif

HA! You and me both! I'm going to have to borrow to make it through the next year as it is and here I am thinking "of *course* I can afford to spend hundreds of dollars to go to Europe to see a rock band that I already spent hundreds of dollars on in the past year. I don't see how this is a problem..."

Originally posted by browneyedgirl:
wink.gif

Anyway I'm determined to go also....e-mail and we'll talk....have you been to Europe before ?

Oh my e-mail....
fxxamm@aol.com
biggrin.gif

Just wait until you get married. My husband is acting just like your mother. Maybe he's a little jealous. I keep telling him, I'm just going for the music.

Originally posted by hotpepper:
Just wait until you get married. My husband is acting just like your mother. Maybe he's a little jealous. I keep telling him, I'm just going for the music.

The music .....that's right....just the music !!!
wink.gif
wink.gif

im saving my money! im doing well so far, i expect to be able to pay for it fairly easily, especially if we all come together to keep hotel/hostel costs down. im planning on the gothenburg and oslo shows. i will be in the uk/ireland/paris 2 weeks before those shows so i dont think im gonna go back there to see u2 a month later. PLUS, im graduating and im going to get a job teaching and schools start late august so i wont be able to be there then...bummer. looks like late july shows for me...if i can sneak the idea past my dad.

------------------
It doesn't matter what songs we sing. I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me. - Larry

Originally posted by elizabeth:
i want to go to the show in italy.

wanna come?

you'll welcome!!!!!!!!!!!
Believe me it's special

------------------
don't believe what you hear
don't believe what you see

I know this sounds hilarious but no way can I bring myself to go to an european country or any foreign country........please dont ask why!!! it NOWT to do with u lovely gals...........but.........dublin is the one for me!!!!!

I hope to visit this summer, well for one day at least!!!!!! iiif I was stayin but noone to stay with.........

Well I live in England so if some of you were wanting to go to the Dublin or London ones it's a good base to stay because I doubt people want to travel a long way and then be going straight back and it would save on costs for you. I don't mind a few fans staying here for a bit
smile.gif
Just thought I would try and be helpful lol.

Back
Top Bottom