Sightings of the Band in Hawaii

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
JCOSTER said:

John is the best...:up:

Yep, and he is sooooo unaffected by the power of his job. He could so easily let the "I'm Mr Big Security man and I'm gonna be a prick to any wanna-be-fan who dares to come near the B-man" but he's the exact opposite!!! :bow: And he's the perfect match for U2 and their fans!

Dare I say that I showed a pic of him to my power-lifting hubby and said "what a man, what a man, what a mighty fiiine man....." Mwahahaha

:reject:

That's in between my hubby offering to wear my Bonohat for a bit of :whistle:

He's gonna have his own fanclub soon at the rate he's going!! Brian is also really lovely....got a couple of little Brian smiles when they were here....very nice and softly spoken guy. They're a real credit to our boys!

01hawaii2.jpg

01hawaii3.jpg

from Hawaii :)

HOW does he look that good for his age!!! He's got the most amazing age defying genes!! It's so nice to see that he had a nice family holiday, but knowing his feelings on photos being taken of his kids etc it feels kind of intrusive seeing this....but I'm still looking - great cropping of the pic - much fairer way to show it!

Just fyi, albeit too late since they're gone, they also rented a private residence in Lanikai. It was awesome. There's this one man house and then a bunch of like satellite bungalows. There were these cool tall torches everywhere and the property went all the way down to the beach, which is technically public via Hawaiian law, but is very difficult to get to other than from the actual property.

Here's a pic of the front gate:
322195512_e32640e1c7_b.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/melissa/

Last edited:
I was on Lanikai Beach for about an hour or so on Wednesday last week (kayaked there on a kayak tour); knowing the place as being a bit of a celeb hub, I did have my eyes peeled, but nothing...ah well!

Pop Artist said:
I was on Lanikai Beach for about an hour or so on Wednesday last week (kayaked there on a kayak tour); knowing the place as being a bit of a celeb hub, I did have my eyes peeled, but nothing...ah well!

That's so weird because I drove past a kayak tour just about to head out and had this weird flashback to college days on the Charles and started thinking, hmm, that might be an interesting idea, but when I asked my friend, she was like, "No freaking way, man." :lol: She's not as crazy as I am, I guess. :wink:

I did get some cute little necklaces in a shop in Lanikai, though. Really nice area.... :drool:

How've you been, btw, Pop Artist? Long time, no see. :)

Pop Artist said:

:ohmy: I was on Lanikai Beach on Wednesday too:ohmy:

did you go to he Lanikai juice Bar?:drool: about an hour later I got wicked car sick and threw it all up though:lmao: I paid 5 bucks to puke:angry::lmao:

I cannot believe they were staying on Lanikai beach:banghead: and I had no idea.

dream chaser said:
Just fyi, albeit too late since they're gone, they also rented a private residence in Lanikai. It was awesome. There's this one man house and then a bunch of like satellite bungalows. There were these cool tall torches everywhere and the property went all the way down to the beach, which is technically public via Hawaiian law, but is very difficult to get to other than from the actual property.

Here's a pic of the front gate:
322195512_e32640e1c7_b.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/melissa/
How gorgeous!

Hawaii :sad:

kafrun said:

He is rather :drool: Especially on the beach :shifty:

don't even tell me you saw Eddie on the beach:angry: we were hoping to catch him surfing on the North Shore:drool: but didn't:mad: where did you see him?

oh GOD! The Boys were at Lanikai and Eddie was somewhere there too:sad: so was I but I had no idea*dies

Dismantled said:

don't even tell me you saw Eddie on the beach:angry: we were hoping to catch him surfing on the North Shore:drool: but didn't:mad: where did you see him?

oh GOD! The Boys were at Lanikai and Eddie was somewhere there too:sad: so was I but I had no idea*dies
:uhoh::reject: We did.. We found out later that he was staying at the Royal Hawaiin, which is right next to the Outrigger where we were staying. Carmel and I were strolling along the beach one afternoon and I spotted him. I told her, but she didn't believe it was him :lol: I kept insisting, but she didn't think it was. I showed her a pic of him on the very same beach that some Interlanders had taken a few days before and he was wearing the exact same shirt :giggle: So yeah.. we saw Eddie :D

kafrun said:

:uhoh::reject: We did.. We found out later that he was staying at the Royal Hawaiin, which is right next to the Outrigger where we were staying. Carmel and I were strolling along the beach one afternoon and I spotted him. I told her, but she didn't believe it was him :lol: I kept insisting, but she didn't think it was. I showed her a pic of him on the very same beach that some Interlanders had taken a few days before and he was wearing the exact same shirt :giggle: So yeah.. we saw Eddie :D

he was at the Royal Hawaiian:faint::angry: omg!!!!! and you SAW him!

he loves that Eddie will Go shirt doesn't he:lol: my husband was so interested in what that meant we had to go to the Roxy store and get the story.

"Eddie would go" refers to a famous deceased surfer Eddie A?? from Oahu's North Shore. Pearl Jam played an impromtu benefit concert for said surfers family at the Audobon sanctuary in Waimea days before the 9th. I'm told there is also a saying "Eddie would toe" which has somethin to do with surfing as well...not familiar with surfing lingo since I'm from the desert. But this info was in a free rag I picked up at my hotel in Honolulu.

^ Thanks for the info :up: I didn't know that :)

Dismantled said:

he loves that Eddie will Go shirt doesn't he:lol: my husband was so interested in what that meant we had to go to the Roxy store and get the story.
Yes, crazy isn't it?? Where were you guys staying?

Dismantled said:

oh man! I even read that on Hans' site before leaving for Oahu... I kept thinking it was Hawaiian Rose or something. Argh! Stupid brain! :banghead:

(would've been fun to see Eddie surfing... He's got a great bod these days. :drool: )

kafrun said:
^ Thanks for the info :up: I didn't know that :)

Yes, crazy isn't it?? Where were you guys staying?

we stayed at the Ohana Beachcomber and then at the Waikiki Prince...about about you?

omg...eddie surfing
tongue4.gif

We stayed at the Outrigger Wakiki. Oh yeah, I got to hang out on the beach with the Edge:wink:

Back
Top Bottom