Sightings of the Band in Hawaii

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
nice pictures
my wife and I manage to meet Adam before the show he came out and Dallas
(bonos camerawoman)

dallas.gif

adamcaro.gif

Cameraman

Just got back from the boys' hotel. We were pretty sure that we were too late to spot them, so we decided to head out after a bit, but Babydoll suggested we go inside and look around. We went in through the lounge and decided to go out and check the view from the balcony. It's a gorgeous hotel with a gorgeous view, naturally. We were all leaning on the rail, watching the palm trees sway in the breeze as the sun was going down. I looked around and looked just to my left and froze when I saw John Sampson looking back at me from just a few feet away :eek: I quickly looked away and tried to very quietly let them know that he was over there. Carmel decided to go over talk to him. We knew that if John was there, Bono would still be around somewhere. All this time we were trying to look casual and calm :lol: She came back a moment later and said "He's over there!!" Kaf and Babydoll: :shocked: John was very friendly and said that Bono was having a meeting, but he would let him know afterwards that we just wanted to say 'hi'. We decided to sit down and order a drink while we waited, all the while with Bono just a few feet away from us, smoking and chatting away :faint: I glanced over several times, but it was getting too dark and I was looking too quickly to figure out where he was sitting. Finally I looked over just long enough to spot him -shadeless, blue shirt, scruffy :drool: We could smell his smoke too and giggled over that - OMG, fangirl moment :p After maybe half an hour they all got up and walked towards us to walk out the door, but Bono slowed down just long enough to smile and wave before he walked out. Well, we waited about two hours, sipping out wine, but he didn't come back. Either they forgot or something just came up. It happens. Slightly disappointed, but we really can't complain because we did get to see him and hang out by him. We were very good and very well behaved :D Hopefully John will remember us and our good behaviour next time :wink:

That is the report for now :wave:

kafrun said:

During Streets - Adam came down the ramp to us - DROOL. He did his usual flirty business, but he saw us freaking out and held his bass down(probably not the best idea :shifty: ) and Carmel was able to grab a hold of it. I wasn't, as my arms are too short, even though I was standing on my tip-toes :angry: Then during MW, he came back and came over to us again to show some love. Towards the end he reached down and Carmel grabbed his hand with both hands and shouted "I love you!" and he said "I love you too" :cute:
:applaud: Carmel! :cute: Sounds like you all had a great time over there! :up:
Thanks for the pics Cameraman!

You GO girls!!! :applaud: This SO reminds me of me and Slopsy and Gluey looking 'casual and calm' when Larry was only a few feet away!!

Being on good behaviour is a definite advantage - NEXT time John and Bono will remember you and then who knows ...?

Nuala said:
Simply beautiful! Thank you for all the great pictures.
And congrats to those of you who had such an amazing time at the Hawaii show and managed to be close to Bono.
I hope there will be more photos and videos soon.

kafrun said:
Just got back from the boys' hotel. We were pretty sure that we were too late to spot them, so we decided to head out after a bit, but Babydoll suggested we go inside and look around. We went in through the lounge and decided to go out and check the view from the balcony. It's a gorgeous hotel with a gorgeous view, naturally. We were all leaning on the rail, watching the palm trees sway in the breeze as the sun was going down. I looked around and looked just to my left and froze when I saw John Sampson looking back at me from just a few feet away :eek: I quickly looked away and tried to very quietly let them know that he was over there. Carmel decided to go over talk to him. We knew that if John was there, Bono would still be around somewhere. All this time we were trying to look casual and calm :lol : She came back a moment later and said "He's over there!!" Kaf and Babydoll: : shocked: John was very friendly and said that Bono was having a meeting, but he would let him know afterwards that we just wanted to say 'hi'. We decided to sit down and order a drink while we waited, all the while with Bono just a few feet away from us, smoking and chatting away :faint : I glanced over several times, but it was getting too dark and I was looking too quickly to figure out where he was sitting. Finally I looked over just long enough to spot him -shadeless, blue shirt, scruffy :drool: We could smell his smoke too and giggled over that - OMG, fangirl moment :p After maybe half an hour they all got up and walked towards us to walk out the door, but Bono slowed down just long enough to smile and wave before he walked out. Well, we waited about two hours, sipping out wine, but he didn't come back. Either they forgot or something just came up. It happens. Slightly disappointed, but we really can't complain because we did get to see him and hang out by him. We were very good and very well behaved :D Hopefully John will remember us and our good behaviour next time :wink :

That is the report for now :wave:

Squee! blue shirt~!!!!!

K mission for you gals! WHAT is the fabric of that shirt??? I wanna know XD

also, Z, what happened to our phonecall? first time you were gone suddenly, second time I heard some wind blowing, but no voices, none at all! and I couldn't call the number back cuz it was anonymous.... :huh:

I Still hope you guys get to meet him, and there's no selfish part involved in that at all :angel:

congrats Carmel, Kaf, and Babydoll!!! :applaud:

you all sounded completely....ummmm....whats the word?.......HYPER!!! :hyper: when i spoke to you after the concert :lol: :happy:

cant wait to see the pics and videos :drool:

btw Z, did you get a pic with the Bono look-a-like?? :shifty:

Babydoll said:
Oh yeah, Larry glanced at me when I was screaming "I love you Larry, I really do, I do do" over and over when he was 3 feet in front of me. And no it wasn't a 'she's insane' kinda look, but a half smile. THE MULLENGUS LOOKED AT ME!!! " :combust:

WOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!! :drool: :love: :cute: :hyper: :combust: :faint:

Congrats Kaf, Carmel and Babydoll! :hug: I'm so happy for you girls! You all looked so hawt in that picture! :combust: I hope the rest of your time is fabulous!

Maybe I'll run into you in the airport or something! :wink: :lol:

Wow I'm so happy for you Carmel, Kaf and Z!! It sounds like you had the best time ever.... :drool:

You gals must be on cloud 9 right now ;)

:hug:

"We could smell his smoke too and giggled over that - OMG, fangirl moment "

For once in my life, I would have actually enjoyed second-hand smoke!

BONOSMOKE!

Nuala said:

Thank you for this! :drool: Don't what it is about this man that just makes me....:combust: :faint:

:evil:

And thanks to everyone else who posted all the great pics here. Ahh and that pic of Kafrun, Carmel and Babydoll is so sweet! You're all so cute!!:love:

edit:- I just read Kafruns report about almost meeting Bono, and I have to congratulate you all for your restraint! :ohmy: I don't think that I would be have been just as well behaved in a similar situation!! :hyper:

Last edited:
gluey said:
:hyper: It's a wicked high isn't it!!! :hyper:

I KNEW you'd have an awesome experience!!! This part of the tour should be renamed the Pleban Leg!!!!

an au naturel kind of high....but then when you realize you won't see them again for a few years the depression sets in (for me it was after WOWY in Miami)...at least temporarily...then you come to PLEBA for solace:wink: :wink:. I only shook hands with Edge and said a few words and was about 2 ft from Bono but that was enough to carry me....then I ended up in front of Bono that night on the rail...it was amazing...then I just remembering crashing after WOWY when I realized it was almost over :sad: :sad:

I have to live vicariously through everyone else's experiences until the next tour....lol

Thanks for sharing your stories...you're soooo lucky...and it's so nice when people realize how lucky they are. Enjoy the feeling!!

Great story girls! It was great to meet you as well :hug:
Glad you had your moments :happy:
Hope you are still behaving :wink: and having fun in Hawaii!

-Aloha-

Yeah, its pretty much all what kaf said. EXCEPT:

When he was having the convo with (I think) Bobby Shriver, I was the only one that he could see. In his view, the rest had their profiles and backs to him. Each time I laughed or said something loud (which was often :reject: ) he'd look over at me. :drool:

On his way out, of course I was looking at him, the other two weren't since we didn't want to seem too conspicious. I looked since I was right in front of him. And

he glanced at me. Looked away for a second. And.looked.back.at.me.

and

smiled. and

gave a little

wave.

to

me.

:ohmy: :ohmy: :combust:

I guess he prolly recognized me from last night. Same crooked smile, scruff, shadeless piercing blue eyes. He's also a lot tinier than we think, :cute:

:drool: Zomg shadeless!

You lucky, lucky women!

:eyebrow: why are you and kaf ingoring me instead of replying on my pms/texts?

:tsk: Youngin's these days....

:flirt:

So I had my second Bono moment in 2 days. Man is adorable. :combust:

*on the verge of turning into a Bono girl but slaps head and remind self of a Mr. Mullen's existence*

Babydoll said:
Yeah, its pretty much all what kaf said. EXCEPT:

When he was having the convo with (I think) Bobby Shriver, I was the only one that he could see. In his view, the rest had their profiles and backs to him. Each time I laughed or said something loud (which was often :reject: ) he'd look over at me. :drool:

On his way out, of course I was looking at him, the other two weren't since we didn't want to seem too conspicious. I looked since I was right in front of him. And

he glanced at me. Looked away for a second. And.looked.back.at.me.

and

smiled. and

gave a little

wave.

to

me.

:ohmy: :ohmy: :combust:

I guess he prolly recognized me from last night. Same crooked smile, scruff, shadeless piercing blue eyes. He's also a lot tinier than we think, :cute:

Isn't he alot tinier than what you would expect....and especially not a fat tub. :huh:

I replied to your text sweetie, you never replied back!

Btw, the man smoked 3 to 4 cigars in the hour that we were there. They smelled really good, but the smoke kept getting into my lungs since the wind was blowing it right at me and I kept coughing. :giggle:

I choked on Bono's cigar smoke!! :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom