Sightings of the Band in Hawaii

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really like the pic of the woman that Bono pulled onstage for MW and WOWY.

She seemed to me to be a "newcomer" onstage, genuinely tickled to be onstage with B (who wouldn't be?) and looked more of an "average" woman than some of the women that he has brought onstage.

Many of us have said before that we wished that Bono would bring up a better diversity of women onstage (racially, agewise and sizewise) and bring up more first time women onstage with him, and it appears that for the last concert of the VT he may have done just that!

Kudos to Bono. :bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

U2isthebest said:
It''s Kaf, Carmel, and Zee!!!!!! Holy Crap!! from the Honolulu newspaper..
AKafCarmelZee.jpg

: drool: : combust: : hyper: : dancing:
:reject:

Great. What a flattering picture of me :|

Kaf: Hai guys, it's that U2 band :der:

:laugh:

Okay, here's a brief Hawaii report:
Show was AMAZING! GA line was brutal, but worth it! I have a couple of moments to report about:

During LAPOE - Towards the end of the song, when Bono kneels down to get his COEXIST headband and sings "Baby don't fight.." he was singing to Babydoll and pointed at her and then back to himself when he sang "It'll be me and you." and she blew him a kiss. Then when he walked away to do the drumming, I had to hold her up. She pretty much lost it :faint:

During Streets - Adam came down the ramp to us - DROOL. He did his usual flirty business, but he saw us freaking out and held his bass down(probably not the best idea :shifty: ) and Carmel was able to grab a hold of it. I wasn't, as my arms are too short, even though I was standing on my tip-toes :angry: Then during MW, he came back and came over to us again to show some love. Towards the end he reached down and Carmel grabbed his hand with both hands and shouted "I love you!" and he said "I love you too" :cute:

Please look out for pics and videos of our little posse, teehee. We're going to head out now and do some.. research :shifty:

Aloha from all of us! xox

^ :laugh:

Look at mine and Kaf's size! :reject: 2 wee girls next to all the tall people.

Yeah, it actually happened. Bono sang the verse of LAPOE to me, the entire verse with the lyrics 'we can talk this through, me and you'.... and when he said me and you, he pointed and me and himself. I blew him a kiss but didn't freak out or take pics while he was staring at me.

Note: He has the bluest eyes in the world. :drool:

There's gotta be a stream on youtube of this. And yep, when he crouches down, he's singing to me. :hyper: Little old me. :giggle:

:combust: :combust:

Oh yeah, Larry glanced at me when I was screaming "I love you Larry, I really do, I do do" over and over when he was 3 feet in front of me. And no it wasn't a 'she's insane' kinda look, but a half smile. THE MULLENGUS LOOKED AT ME!!! " :combust:

Thanks Chassy! :) It was so worth it, all the sleeping on the concrete and the dust blowing in our ears and eyes for 2 days and looking like absolute crap. :reject:

*Ally* said:
a couple of pics from U2log.com's flickr account (not sure how to make them appear as images, sorry!):

so :cute:

Hey Alice. I would have figured you were at the show as well. Are you home, or did you just have a chance to get online at the hotel?

OMG im so happy and jealous!! awesome moments gals!!

and im so happy bono pulled up a regular gal not some skinny s***k as usual..looks like there may be a chance for me in the future then..

romi said:

Hey Alice. I would have figured you were at the show as well. Are you home, or did you just have a chance to get online at the hotel?

hey romi!! nope, i didn't make it to Hawaii- just went to Dublin in October, and planning a trip to China for this spring, so i couldn't take more time off work right now. the whole crew was there though, and it sounds like it was a great show!

i :heart: hearing the Plebans stories- how cool for all of you ladies! :up: and i agree that the pic of the woman onstage for WOWY is priceless- she looks so shocked and overwhelmed. :cute:

Jamila said:

She seemed to me to be a "newcomer" onstage, genuinely tickled to be onstage with B (who wouldn't be?) and looked more of an "average" woman than some of the women that he has brought onstage.

Many of us have said before that we wished that Bono would bring up a better diversity of women onstage (racially, agewise and sizewise) and bring up more first time women onstage with him, and it appears that for the last concert of the VT he may have done just that!

I think he peeks in here every now and then. :giggle:

Babydoll said:

Yeah, it actually happened. Bono sang the verse of LAPOE to me, the entire verse with the lyrics 'we can talk this through, me and you'.... and when he said me and you, he pointed and me and himself. I blew him a kiss but didn't freak out or take pics while he was staring at me.

There's gotta be a stream on youtube of this. And yep, when he crouches down, he's singing to me. :hyper: Little old me. :giggle:

Oh yeah, Larry glanced at me when I was screaming "I love you Larry, I really do, I do do" over and over when he was 3 feet in front of me. And no it wasn't a 'she's insane' kinda look, but a half smile. THE MULLENGUS LOOKED AT ME!!! " :combust:
[/QUOTE

I so enjoyed this post.:drool:

Babydoll said:

:faint:

Babydoll said:

Now I can say to you, "you see I told you his eyes were the blue-est even through glasses." and now you can say, "YES THEY ARE BECAUSE I SAW THEM UP CLOSE!!!!!"

I am reading all these moments with the biggest smile on my face!
I am thrill for all three of you! You are all gorgeous in the photo even after sleeping on the concrete!

Mama's proud! :wink:

Babydoll said:

WOW !!! :faint:

Jamila said:

Well done Bono! :up: Next tour, the more "mature" woman, eh? :wink:

*Ally* said:

hey romi!! nope, i didn't make it to Hawaii- just went to Dublin in October, and planning a trip to China for this spring, so i couldn't take more time off work right now. the whole crew was there though, and it sounds like it was a great show!

I'm jealous I wasn't there. I just went on my honeymoon a couple of months ago and that sapped up all my money. If it weren't for that.... OR, If I knew right away that Hawaii would have gotten postponed from last spring, then (we) probably would have made that the honeymoon. No., I haven't seen a U2 show since Mexico, and what's worse is that I'm not even going through withdrawall. What's wrong with me?

Babydoll said:

:faint:

romi said:

I haven't seen a U2 show since Mexico, and what's worse is that I'm not even going through withdrawall. What's wrong with me?

nothing's wrong with you! you just had your fill of the tour, that's all. hey, at least we got to see the final show of the Elevation tour in Miami, where we all first met 5 years ago in the GA line. (whoa, it's been a long long time!!) i hope you had a great honeymoon. :)

NOW, back to Hawaii... i am so impressed with how successful the RED plan turned out- all of the photos i've seen have been filled with fans wearing red shirts. kudos to whoever organized that! :up: :wink:

Then during MW, he came back and came over to us again to show some love. Towards the end he reached down and Carmel grabbed his hand with both hands and shouted "I love you!" and he said "I love you too"

:faint: :combust: :drool:
Carmel i'm so HAPPY for you...is he not the most BEAUTIFUL MAN ever.... what an awesome experience!

ahhhhhhhhhh im so excited for you girls, so glad you had a great time!

U2 seriously is the bext kickass band EVER! :drool:

:hug: Congratulations girls!!!

:hyper: It's a wicked high isn't it!!! :hyper:

I KNEW you'd have an awesome experience!!! This part of the tour should be renamed the Pleban Leg!!!!

Back
Top Bottom