Sightings of the Band in Hawaii

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Update from Z:
they've just started to move into the arena :D
she said everywhere she looks, shes sees red shirts and clothing.
and they saw the band's motorcade arrive yesterday for soundchecks.

i'll get more updates shortly :)

I hope everyone there enjoys the gig but all this camping out days before the actual show where will it end in the future? Camping out from the date they venues are announced????:huh:

I've gone early on the actual day of the show's like loads of others do, but overnight and more is just insane, and unneccesary.

Bono's Tart said:
I hope everyone there enjoys the gig but all this camping out days before the actual show where will it end in the future? Camping out from the date they venues are announced????:huh:

I've gone early on the actual day of the show's like loads of others do, but overnight and more is just insane, and unneccesary.

I would do it :shrug:

You got that right! :lol: I camped out once for U2 and vowed never again. :no: I haven't since and I won't. U2 are not that important to sacrifice comfort, and sleep.

I think people line up early, because they know OTHER people line up early and they line up early because OTHER people do (its like a domino affect)

also remember, most of the people lining up are not from Hawaii, so they've got nothing else to do, their whole reason for going to Hawaii is for u2, so you'd rather line up and get a good spot then not at all.

There are people that want the front row or nothing at all :shrug: Its a different world hanging onto the barricade then being in the middle getting pushed around.

Also a lot are in groups and there can be a real comraderie haging out playing cards listening to music, its like a party, but on the street instead of at home! I mean there are always some nasty bitches there (you can usually pick them out by their obsessiveness and tears over not being first and inchyinchy movements) but on the whole its a fun experience! :up:

IT WAS SO WORTH IT. 15 degrees, snow, it was so cold in Cleveland...but I was right against the stage in front of Edge, it was so worth it. Actually that show was one year ago in about 2 minutes (Dec 10) sigh... Its just about the same temperature here today. Frankly, camping out in Hawaii just doesn't seem like such a hardship.

Still no pictures!

waynetravis said:
so are U2 sleeping in the stadium too :lol:
im really suprised that there aren't any pics of them leaving the hotels and stuff like the Aussie shows. :hmm:

Ya know, something I read in the tour discussions area got me to thinking...maybe they've been staying on one of the *other* islands?:wink:

Maybe they're busy filming a guest appearence on Lost while they're in Hawaii :hmm: Or maybe not :lol: Maybe they got kidnapped by The Others! :ohmy:

(See what happens when ABC takes away Lost for several months? It makes me crazy! :crazy: )

Bono's Tart said:

I camped out for one of my shows. I went to 11 and only had 1 GA of the whole tour. Actually, the show I had a GA for was last minute. I really had seats but after seeing all of my friends up front time after time really made me feel like I was missing out. So my group decided to sell our tickets and pay a lot of money on ebay for GA's. I wanted to be in either front row (inside or outside of the ellipse) so I was willing to do whatever it took to make sure I got the spot I wanted. It was Oct in Detroit and not exactly warm. It was totally worth it because I ended up in the front row outside of the ellipse where Bono and Larry did Love and Peace. Edge did his Electric Co guitar solo right in front of me. That solo moment was the reason I froze my ass off and waited outside for 18-20 hours. I'd do it all over again anytime too! I've also gotten to venues at 10 in the morning to wait for the band to show up at 4:00 just so I could be sure I was in the front of the line to get autographs or pictures. There's no other band I would do any of that for. Somethings in life are really worth waiting for......

I know Schmeg and Zoney are in the stadium right now, in seats. Kelly and Eep are somewhere on the floor. Hopefully some of them will remember to call me during the show!

arw9797 said:

I camped out for one of my shows. I went to 11 and only had 1 GA of the whole tour. Actually, the show I had a GA for was last minute. I really had seats but after seeing all of my friends up front time after time really made me feel like I was missing out. So my group decided to sell our tickets and pay a lot of money on ebay for GA's. I wanted to be in either front row (inside or outside of the ellipse) so I was willing to do whatever it took to make sure I got the spot I wanted. It was Oct in Detroit and not exactly warm. It was totally worth it because I ended up in the front row outside of the ellipse where Bono and Larry did Love and Peace. Edge did his Electric Co guitar solo right in front of me. That solo moment was the reason I froze my ass off and waited outside for 18-20 hours. I'd do it all over again anytime too! I've also gotten to venues at 10 in the morning to wait for the band to show up at 4:00 just so I could be sure I was in the front of the line to get autographs or pictures. There's no other band I would do any of that for. Somethings in life are really worth waiting for......

I know Schmeg and Zoney are in the stadium right now, in seats. Kelly and Eep are somewhere on the floor. Hopefully some of them will remember to call me during the show!

I've bee watching U2 for 25 years and have never slept outside,
I fully understand that as I was on the front row of the Bstages Adams side at all the stadium shows (the full UK leg and shows in Europe) I went to last year and front row ellipse in Boston (we did get our numbers at 4.30 but like everyone left at around 8.30 with the wristbands) but as usual people on are missing the point and getting huffy .
When is it too early to start queuing for a show???

dazzlingamy said:
I think people line up early, because they know OTHER people line up early and they line up early because OTHER people do (its like a domino affect)

also remember, most of the people lining up are not from Hawaii, so they've got nothing else to do, their whole reason for going to Hawaii is for u2, so you'd rather line up and get a good spot then not at all.

There are people that want the front row or nothing at all :shrug: Its a different world hanging onto the barricade then being in the middle getting pushed around.

Also a lot are in groups and there can be a real comraderie haging out playing cards listening to music, its like a party, but on the street instead of at home! I mean there are always some nasty bitches there (you can usually pick them out by their obsessiveness and tears over not being first and inchyinchy movements) but on the whole its a fun experience! :up:

I experiened all that in Boston !!!:|

Images from Honolulu :camera:

11777737paticeolin1210200672951AM.jpg

11777720paticeolin1210200672722AM.jpg

11777718paticeolin1210200672745AM.jpg

11777717paticeolin1210200672910AM.jpg

11777716paticeolin1210200672904AM.jpg

11777715paticeolin1210200672945AM.jpg

11777698paticeolin1210200672408AM.jpg

11777697paticeolin1210200672739AM.jpg

thank you for everything you have so far :wink:

I'm up early on a Sunday morning on the internet to catch up on ANY news from last night's concert.

:hyper:

Thank you, thank you, Pacific! Ditto on the checking out the forum early, I couldn't wait. Still haven't seen a setlist or review though, but it is about 2am there.

Back
Top Bottom