*Sigh* A Moment of Despair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blueeyes

Refugee
I woke up this morning with a strange thought in my head "Man, I'm not even going to try to get third leg tickets. I'm not going to plan on going. It is too stressfull. I don't have the money, and time ain't looking too great either."
I had just dreamt about going and trying to get into the heart and not, and trying to get a place at the side and being harrassed by a bunch of mouth breathing morons who claimed they had "dibs" on that spot.
I was in ga before and frankly it sucked donkey ass. I was trying so hard not to get trampled, and/or burned by idiots who insisted on SMOKING in a place people can barely stand (I mean, can you smoke without opposable thumbs?) that I didn't see most of the show. I can't shell out $130 for a good but non-planet-of-the-apes ticket. Mybe I am just having a bad morning, but right now I am just giving up on the whole idea. Sigh.
See Bluey bitch. Bitch, Bluey, bitch!
Anyone feel the same way/ wanna change my mind?
"Loooove, lift me up out of these blues"
, Blue

eek.gif
Bluey!
Please change your mind girl. Yeah there are some wankers in GA but the majority of people are lovely. I know what it's like to have a non-existent bank account but believe me girl, shelling out for a show or two is well worth it (and I'm sure deep down you feel the same).
If you don't go you will probably really regret it. Don't let the odd fuck-face in the heart spoil what you know will be a great night.
Get your tix, get in line, fight for your spot and have an amazing time. Believe me if I could afford a flight I would be there- sod the bank balance.

I felt like that after the first night in the heart. I was like, "No, there's no way I'm gonna do this again". My t-shirt was soaked by someone else's gross sweat on my back, I was dead tired and just wanted to give up. Thinking back now, I would have died knowing that U2 were in town and I wasn't there in the heart, first row, THEM in front of me, singing their heart out for me!!

And a few other good reasons:

adam18.jpg

larry8.jpg

edge4.jpg

%3B%3C%3B884832323%7Ego55%3Enu%3D3234%3E996%3E636%3EWSNRCG%3D32323578364%3A%3Bnu0mrj

Aaaand... altogether now:

group4.jpg

Convinced?
biggrin.gif

Bluey, get ur ass down to GA again, look for the tallest man, flirt outrageously with him, tell him to move closer to the front, then scream u luv him (for the entire show), and watch as he returns his luv for u by lettin u sit on his shoulders, while u hold a banner sayin 'Let Me Bonk U Bono!!!!!!!'................that way u will have urself one HELL of a night!!!!!!

biggrin.gif

OK Bluey-I feel your pain-I really do. The only time I had GA I had the RUDEST beeps around me- I had the bruises on my feet and arms to prove it. As I left-I swore I'd never do it again. But I know I will-if I'm lucky enough.

*maybe next time I can wear full body armor*

Bluey....if you don't show up in the Las Vegas GA Line after I arranged to have my mom's 70th B-Day postponed a week so I could meet up with ALL my fave Pleba girls, I'm gonna show up in Saskatoon and kick your ass!!! How's THAT for a reason to go?

*Mrs. Edge in confrontational mood leftover from MTV awards*

No, seriously though. There is nothing worse than regret. It's way worse not to do something than to do it. I too am totally, totally broke. In fact, I have $4,000 to pay back on my line of credit, and this tour will have me paying U2 debts for months. I just paid off the trip to Albany from June!

Seriously, it's not how much money, but if it's WORTH it. That's what I think anyway, and believe me, it will be worth it. Besides, you won't be surrounded with idiots, you'll be surrounded with us! It will be like one huge love in. Please go, Bluey...please????
smile.gif

hi bluey -
i actually had the opposite thought. I had seats for the first leg shows and although i had a great time, and could actually see (well kinda - i THINK that was bono down there)..the people around me were quite boring to be honest. So i said to myself '3rd leg is gonna be GA for me'.
I say don't shell out for the expensive tickets and get GA and just know what you're in for! After all, it's all about just being there in the room isn't it?
Good luck whatever you decide!

I had only good GA experiences.

There was one totally intoxicated guy once, he smelled bad, screamed out nonsense, but once the bad got on stage, I totally forgot about him.

All my GA experiences were good too. But then I was more at the back of the heart near the tip.

You have to do it. You'll be absolutely gutted when it's time for the shows and you're not there.

Not only will you be kicking yourself, you'll be begging us to kick you too!!!!

Do it and to Hell with everything else.

Oh bluey!
*sighs*

Don't make me slap you with my bass!

Actually, I'm in your boat too.
frown.gif
With no shows announced in the pacific northwest, it's gonna be difficult for us to go see them. *sighs*

Nothing's official till Sept. 11th. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

JT

BLUEY!!! We MUST! We MUST! We must increase our b...oh wait, nevermind, wrong chant. :p

I feel yer pain, girlfriend, truly I do. I have so much shite going on right now and it all seems to have something to do with money--or, the lack thereof--that thinking of going to Vegas seems like a pipe dream. But if so many fun Pleba's (and non-Pleba's even) are going to be 'making the scene' in Vegas...it would seem a shame if you couldn't come join us somehow.

IF the guys come to Dallas and Austin, I may even *skip Austin* [GASP! ARGH!] to do Vegas instead!! I have NEVER taken a fun vacation with just the girls (in 20 years of working, can you believe it??) so I thought, what th ehell, what better fun to have than at a U2 concert with other U2 FREAKS like me in the sleaziest city on earth??????
wink.gif
('family fun?' I don't THINK so!!)

And looky here, even the sweet and verbal Mrs. Edge is feelin' downright cantakerous over the whole sit-chee-ation, so if THAT isn't a sign for ya, I just don't know what is.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

PLEASE say you'll try, Your Blueness!

Disco

Originally posted by Mrs. Edge:
Bluey....if you don't show up in the Las Vegas GA Line after I arranged to have my mom's 70th B-Day postponed a week so I could meet up with ALL my fave Pleba girls, I'm gonna show up in Saskatoon and kick your ass!!! How's THAT for a reason to go?

*Mrs. Edge in confrontational mood leftover from MTV awards*

Back
Top Bottom