sick.........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shingles is an annoying illness caused by the same virus that causes chickenpox. You can't get it unless you've had chickenpox. Basically the virus goes dormant in your nervous system after you get over chickenpox, then rears its ugly head later on and causes a really painful rash, along with a yecky feeling generally called malaise, I'm just tired and achy and stuff. Fortunately I only have a mild case of it. It can be really nasty. It's a drag. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Oh, I don't know how long I'm going to have this thing. I have to take an antiviral drug for seven days. But since it's a mild case I'll probably get over it sooner. You can have it for up to a month. The doc says I got it from the stress from losing my friend in that accident.

Last edited:
Thanks! I'm going to bed to get some rest, now that I don't have to worry as much what the damn illness is. I'm relieved that I got diagnosed, now I just have to get the stupid infection out of my system. I will be posting sexy pix of Bono soon. :drool: :drool:

eewww, sorry to hear that Verte.
glad tho, it is just a mild case {my dad had it in his mid 40's}

I was going to ask you whether you had some new, additional major stressor that might have triggered it- but having read the posts, of course, that would be the kind of event to possibly trigger such a condition. Thank goodness it's nothing worse! :hug:

[sorry I forgot it was you who had that trgedy....I think until I know the condition of one of my friends, I'm not surprised I'd 'forget' another's loss of a dear frind}

get better soon! :up:

{ah....sexy Bono pics....just what Interference's in-da-house med team would advice to perk your systems up :D}

Last edited:
That sounds gnarly, Verte! I just got over mono and strep throat which kept me in bed for fuckin' two weeks. I'm still trying to get my immune system back on track!

Get your rest and drink plenty of fluids. I hope you feel better VERY soon! :hug:

Good luck, verte. I've had a mild sore throat for the past two weeks and a headache for five days so I'm beginning to wonder if I'm allergic to something :scratch:

Being sick just sucks! Especially with shingles! I hope you feel better soon, verte! :hug:

I've heard about that, it's awful! Everyone who's had chicken pox has a chance to get it. I hope you feel better soon :hug:

I hope that you get over this quick. I have known people who had it and that it lingers for months. Hope that you are not in too much in pain, and please take care verte76. :hug:

tiny dancer said:
I have known people who had it and that it lingers for months.

This is the worst thing about this stupid illness. I'm afraid it will just drag out, and I am *not* a patient person. I wish I could just kick this :censored: thing out of my system or whatever. :madspit: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

I'm sorry Verte. I've known people who had to go through it, and I'm very glad that your case is a mild one. Remember, 'this too shall pass.'

Back
Top Bottom