Show me your face.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
966cae6c.jpg

Re: wowww

dazzledbylight said:
Now my most big question...2 pages ? past the LB conf... [more super big photo's ] he's in a it's looks blue but might be the photog's special lights...a thin corduroy jacket, a darkish blue shirt, the rosary.

From the Labour Party Conference? I don't have it.
And I don't think that there is such kind of special effect on these photos.

I'll post a few more of the ones I have.
Bono29.09.04LaborP.63.jpg

Bono29.09.04LaborP.71.jpg

We couldn't see his rosary in those pictures, so I suppose the one you are talking about is not from this event.
If I find it I'll post it.

Bono29.09.04LaborP.22.jpg

The screen of my computer as gone mad. :(

Last edited:
Re: Re: wowww

LostAtMoon said:

From the Labour Party Conference? I don't have it.
And I don't think that there is such kind of special effect on these photos.

I'll post a few more of the ones I have.

maybe i was not clear enough

this description...cordoury suit etc is with the other stuff in the background I mention below...i think it might be from nov 2003 Christie's- Bono's paintings for Peter & wolf Irish hospice auction event....that what I'm trying to find out.

it's not a special effect done to/in nthe photo, but whern i saw bono at chrsties's ouside his courderoy s jacket looked blueish in the night and street lights. t wasn't till isaw the pro pics site pics pposted here of inside at christies that the jacket was actuaslly bronwn

Last edited:
I suppose this answers your questions:

Bono contributes to Irish Hospice Foundation project

In U2's recent MSN/U2.com webchat Bono mentioned working with his children to contribute art work to a book project involving the music of Prokoviev's "Peter and the Wolf".

This project is in aid of the Irish Hospice Foundation.

In April this year, Gavin Friday, Maurice Seezer and the Friday/Seezer ensemble (Julia Palmer, Renaud Pion, Gary Hughes, Des Moore and Michael Blair) recorded Prokoviev's "Peter and the Wolf", as reported by GavinFriday.com.

The CD of this recording will be accompanied by a book of art work by Irish artist Louis Le Brocquy and drawings by Bono and his children.

The project will be published in 2003, by Penguin UK in collaboration with Amazon.com.

Gavin Friday performed "Peter and the Wolf" live with the Royal Irish Academy of Music orchestra as part of the Con Anima musical evening in support of The Irish Hospice Foundation, at Dublin Castle, on November 21, 2000. (real audio excerpt)

Bono and Gavin Friday previously contributed to Irish Hospice projects such as last year's Art:pack and the Millennium Whoseday Book.
(Source: Gavin Friday)

November 08, 2002

I think I took this from U2log.

I'm sorry for the off-topic.

Last edited:
dazzledbylight, I just saw your kind words - that was very considerate of you. I truly appreciated it.:wink:

I do really like the way that those of us here in PLEBA are really doing our best to be as accepting of each other as possible. It speaks well of us and of our affection for U2.

Let's continue to try to not become as argumentative and petty as I have seen other threads become - there is no reason for it.

I am here in PLEBA to extol the virtues of these four amazing men whether those virtues are in their hearts, their minds, their faces or other geographical places on their bodies that I will not mention here.:combust:

Let's just have fun with U2 and leave the drama elsewhere.

YOU GIVE ME SOMETHING I CAN FEEL....:adam: :larry: :edge: :hug: :bono: :love:

Or maybe this one:

bonox.jpg

To Jamila: Positive thinking is half way to get through to most thinks. I admire those who, like you, have it.

Last edited:
LostAtMoon said:

thanks for helping, LAM.

It's...THIS one!

It was confusing because you have 2 others on page 5 on this thread of the SAME event <look at the bacvground sign further right scroll!>. But in those he's blocking the 'Peope Magazine"part of the sign/ backing board [possible also for photography board].

Look at the board in back of him..... you might need to scroll rightward. All three of them have the Irish Hospice Foundation signage on that board AND all 3 have the same yellowish cast lights behind glass that the board is in front of! So THEY are all from the same event only in this one here but he's moved further left in this one so that you can ALSO see the People Magazine part of the board.

This is why [besides how he's looking, the glasses, clothes] makes me this one was taken inside or more probably outside of Christie's NYC in Nov 2003. I was there outside and I could see over by the entrance they had set up a special area with extra lighting and stuff,so all the [u}celebraty & other magazines photographerscould take pictures of Bono, Gavvin et al.

People magazine i think is published in NYC, if not it's still an American Mag and would have people there from it's staff in NYC...city of famous poeple for many different reasons!;wink:

I'm just being fannish here. I was outside i saw him from about 3-4 ft away, but under the much dimmer [unless you're really close to them ] street lights. These are the biggest photos i've seen from this event! gah....

Last edited:
:shocked:
I'm gone for the weekend and come back to find more than I ever expected! THANKS EVERYONE! LostatMoon you outdid yourself. Thanks you, my fingers are tired from the amount of right clicking that just took place.

Back
Top Bottom