Should Bono follow Adams example....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bonocomet said:
This pic which is at least over a year and a half old now shows a lot of grey at both their temples. No complaints from me tho... they both still look great.

bonoedgeagingbeautifully.jpg

Ok, I've come to the conclusion that he can do anything with his hair so long as he keeps his shirts unbuttoned:drool: :heart: :heart: :combust:

cinnaminson said:

Ok, I've come to the conclusion that he can do anything with his hair so long as he keeps his shirts unbuttoned:drool: :heart: :heart: :combust:

:drool: *seconds that*

besides, I don't see the point in us here argueing about his hair... it's not like he's gonna check in PLEBA to change his hairstyle to what the majority of the people here want him to...

:shifty: well, it WAS suspicious that we had about four threads of short haired Bono and suddenly he got his hair cut.. :hmm:

^ I remember that, we were going on about it here and all of a sudden he surfaces with a new, cropped 'do! I think that was back in May of last year :hmm:

:nerd: it was april the 9th on sunday we first had the sighting of his short hair, when he was in a restaurant near dub with Gav...
I think we had about four short hair threads then, and 1 or 2 long hair :hmm:

:lmao: and I do remember EVERYBODY freaking out over the hair... either being super happy and loving it, or hating it and mourning over the loss of the long locks...

Honestly, I could care less if Bono goes grey or keeps doing what he's doing with his hair. If the look doesn't work, someone will point it out to him and he'll do something about it, eventually. Though I don't think he's ready for a fully grey head, I think it's alright if he lets a little grey or white show through with whatever color he's decided to dye it. Makes him look distinguished and while that pronounced face does become a little more pronounced, I would rather he look a little bit more pronounced than look like a youth-obsessed rock star trying to hide his age. I think showing that he's not as young as he used to be can be useful, especially toward the causes he's so passionate about.

Think about it, who would you be more likely to take seriously: Someone who's obviously much older but still trying to look 20 or someone who has aged gracefully and while he still does care about his looks, it's not his top priority? For me, it's the latter, and I think that describes Bono.

Adam can pull off the silver look because his face isn't as pronounced as Bono's. Yes, silver/grey/white hair would age Bono, but Adam still has a natural youthfulness about him and that allows him to go silver if he wants. I just had a thought. Maybe Ads dyed his hair silver not because he got a few grey strands and freaked out, but because he thought it'd look cool. Remember, this is the kid who pulled off a blonde afro through the Seventies. :wink:

But that's just my opinion.
I could be wrong.

RegularBonoFan said:
Honestly, I could care less if Bono goes grey or keeps doing what he's doing with his hair. If the look doesn't work, someone will point it out to him and he'll do something about it, eventually. Though I don't think he's ready for a fully grey head, I think it's alright if he lets a little grey or white show through with whatever color he's decided to dye it. Makes him look distinguished and while that pronounced face does become a little more pronounced, I would rather he look a little bit more pronounced than look like a youth-obsessed rock star trying to hide his age. I think showing that he's not as young as he used to be can be useful, especially toward the causes he's so passionate about.

Think about it, who would you be more likely to take seriously: Someone who's obviously much older but still trying to look 20 or someone who has aged gracefully and while he still does care about his looks, it's not his top priority? For me, it's the latter, and I think that describes Bono.

Adam can pull off the silver look because his face isn't as pronounced as Bono's. Yes, silver/grey/white hair would age Bono, but Adam still has a natural youthfulness about him and that allows him to go silver if he wants. I just had a thought. Maybe Ads dyed his hair silver not because he got a few grey strands and freaked out, but because he thought it'd look cool. Remember, this is the kid who pulled off a blonde afro through the Seventies. :wink:

But that's just my opinion.
I could be wrong.

Adam went blond/white for the Pop days, and he looked great then. Silver, blond, in certain lighting, look similar. Did Adam's blond pop hair made him look older? I think Adam can get away with doing whatever to his hair more than Bono because, one, being the bass player, he doesn't as get much attention and two, he's had various hair styles and colorings, compared to Bono. No one would ever suspect Bono would curl his hair into an afro-esque style, but if Adam grew out his hair and brought back the afro, sure it would shock some people, but not to the degree if Bono did it.

Keep in mind that Charlie Watts was flying the grey hair flag for nearly 25 years while Mick, Keef and Woody were rocking the Just For Men. Keef went natural several years ago and it fits his look much better.

hcbiggs2002 said:

Yes that is me in my avatar, taken two years ago outside the Parken a few minutes before the roads opened. And despite what you think, I'm not obsessed with being young or that terribly critical of my looks, no more than anyone else, I gave that up a long time ago! :wink: I just want to look the best I can and I don't care whether grey would suit me or not I just don't particularly like the colour grey!! I don't own and very many grey coloured clothes and those I do own, I hardly ever use! Nor will you find any grey in the colour scheme of my house. I'm very happy with the person I've become and am totally at peace and feel sorry for the 20 somethings who don't seem to have a clue, know I used to be one! And I don't need any patronizing or condescending advice about how I should live my life or what colour my hair should be thank very much! :grumpy:

I wasn't trying to be condescending or patronizing thank /you/ very much. I was just genuinely curious. But since you're obviously easily insulted..I'll leave it alone.

Hinder said:

I wasn't trying to be condescending or patronizing thank /you/ very much. I was just genuinely curious. But since you're obviously easily insulted..I'll leave it alone.

"Easily insulted", please don't make me laugh! And you weren't just being "curious" you were being presumptuous and yes, even though you may not have thought you were, but also condescending/patronizing. You need to learn some manners and boundaries and that there are certain things you don't go commenting about or asking of people who you don't even know!

Which is what Bono would probably say if he ever was to read a thread like this, a bunch of people arguing and telling him what colour his hair should be, how long/short it should be, what kind of shoes he should or should not wear etc. I know, I'm guilty of taking part in these discussions but some people seem to take themselves far too seriously!! :huh:

hcbiggs2002 said:

"Easily insulted", please don't make me laugh! And you weren't just being "curious" you were being presumptuous and yes, even though you may not have thought you were, but also condescending/patronizing. You need to learn some manners and boundaries and that there are certain things you don't go commenting about or asking of people who you don't even know!

Which is what Bono would probably say if he ever was to read a thread like this, a bunch of people arguing and telling him what colour his hair should be, how long/short it should be, what kind of shoes he should or should not wear etc. I know, I'm guilty of taking part in these discussions but some people seem to take themselves far too seriously!! :huh:

No, I wasn't. You are simply being hypersensitive, and projecting.
You need to learn to stop projecting your personal issues onto other people, because it's mannerless and silly, because you don't know what my motivations in asking were. Don't insult me by trying to 'school' me, because you don't know me, and you're dead wrong. You have a lot to learn about boundaries yourself.

Hinder said:

No, I wasn't. You are simply being hypersensitive, and projecting.
You need to learn to stop projecting your personal issues onto other people, because it's mannerless and silly, because you don't know what my motivations in asking were. Don't insult me by trying to 'school' me, because you don't know me, and you're dead wrong. You have a lot to learn about boundaries yourself.

And there you go again making assumptions and and judgements about someone YOU don't know i.e. me! I noticed that you haven't been here very long, and that you haven't even introduced yourself in the Babyface cafe (very suspicious!), not that it's mandatory but certainly recommended, and it would seem that in the very short time you've been here, you've already made up your mind up who I am, by just reading a couple of my posts! Or please correct me if my assumption is wrong!?! Even so I take your comments with a grain of salt coz I honestly don't care what you think of me! And, I just was trying to give you some friendly advice, although I had a feeling you wouldn't take too kindly to it! :rolleyes:

I think this thread has ran it's course and time to press the report button!!

:lock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom