Shine like a burning star- your one moment...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

~BrightestStar~

Blue Crack Supplier
Gettin' hot in a photobooth....livin it up in Ikea
By request in the Ask/answer thread, (and in YDW style) I bring you, my question of the day....

What is one moment in the lives of U2, or a memeber of the band, that you wish you could have taken part in/been there for?

Ie. in flanagans book, he talks about B convinving a bunch of people to go skinny dipping in the ocean :D

The possibilities are endless. :)

I thought you'd never ask. :happy: I'd have LOVED to have been there for the Rock Hall Induction. :applaud:

Last edited:
boy this is a hard one!

I would have loved to have been at the show when Adam stepped in front of Bono cause there was the "possible gunman" at the show:sad: :sad:

:hug: just to have seen that would have been something.

The first two that popped into my head were:

1) The forming of the band. Who knows, they might even have taken me on as a member if I had been there. And I could have nabbed one of them for myself while they were still unattached...

2) The day the giant lemon broke down. My favorite moment in U2 history.

Maybe at the 1985 Live Aid, that was a great moment for them. And the skinny-dipping sounds interesting... something insignificant but memorable would be good enough for me. Something trivial, like in a car when Bono was driving. I heard that's quite the death-defying experience.

Damn, do I have to pick *one*?? OK........I'll say the Rock 'N Roll Hall of Fame ceremony. That's when their star shone the brightest. They earned it big time.

I would just love to be part of their lives “period”.
But if I had to choose just one moment, right now I would choose to have been in Berlin in 1991 when they were recording Achtung Baby. :yes: :heart:

Dismantled said:
boy this is a hard one!

I would have loved to have been at the show when Adam stepped in front of Bono cause there was the "possible gunman" at the show:sad: :sad:

:hug: just to have seen that would have been something.
What??? :shocked: Details! :eyebrow:

I would have loved to be there during the Achtung Baby/Zoo era!!! I was only a teen back in the early 90's .. I wanted to be grown up so bad. It seemed to be U2's most exciting time!!!! I wish I could have been there belly dancerduring the tour :dance: I would like to have made up Bono's/ Mcphisto's face!!!:macdevil: I would have got drunk with Adam on a regular bases :drunk: I would have had so much fun making video's with them :camera: I would have wanted to direct my version or Even Better:drool:

Last edited:
Lets see!!! :hmm: I would have had more Bono butt!!! More Adam butt!!! Larry would have been shirtless!!! Last but not least more close ups of Edge's intense stare!!!!:drool:

I think I would have loved to witness the creation of One... it's my favourite song of all time and the story is the stuff of legends :D

Either that or be at that restaurant where Bono stripped during an interview... :evil:

mm... i'd like to... live aid would have been gr8, but i guess being with the guys when it all started, at high school... that would have been gr8! :drool:

When they first arrived in London and celebrate when they got their record deal.

Or just generally hanging out with the guys, be it in the recording studio or backstage at Slane! hehe

Ooooo actually and when Bono went to the hairdresser and said "yes...give me a mullet with highlights"

Truthfully I would have loved to see the Joshua Tree Tour. I was a fan and I couldn't go. I've been at every other tour since than but I could have done something to get there or tried to do something and I didn't. I don't think my parents would let me go or I may have been in Florida I forgot which but whatever the reason I didn't go. I would have loved to see that tour.:(

I wasn't even born until 1989, so I'd like to experience everthing that happened from the time they formed to around 2000, then I'd be happy.

But if I had to pick one moment, it'd probably be during the recording of the Unforgettable Fire -- rehersing NEKKID in Slane Castle!! :drool:

Junebug said:
I was a tiny baby during the ZooTV tour. I really wish I could have attended at least one concert. Damn it, I was too young!! :sad: :mad:

:hug: I feel your pain...if only I was more organized as a three year old...! :wink:

Seriously though I ALMOST made Popmart...if I had gotten it together I could have gone to Popmart :drool: I was like 9 at the time. Just getting into U2 thanks to Pop.

AtomicBono said:

:hug: I feel your pain...if only I was more organized as a three year old...! :wink:

Seriously though I ALMOST made Popmart...if I had gotten it together I could have gone to Popmart :drool: I was like 9 at the time. Just getting into U2 thanks to Pop.

I was 9 too! Heh. Actually, one of my friends was into U2 during the Pop era, and invited me to go with her to a concert and I said no. I refused to accept a ticket to a U2 concert. :mad: :coocoo: :scream: :angry: :sad:

1. Live Aid

2. Their first concert ever

3. Zoo TV in the 'ham. I missed it because of an exam in college. (But now I'm using those hard earned dollars to buy multiple Vertigo tix. :rockon: )

I'd like to have been the waitress they 'abducted' on their way to their skinny dipping session (Graham Flanagans book). That must have been awesome...apart from being abducted by 4 very attractive men, taken off to some party type 'get together' and then to witness the Great B in the nuddy....:drool: :drool: :drool:

....maybe I coulda been his towel when he hauled himself up outta the sea to get dry.....

After watching the ZooTV Sydney dvd for the first time, I wanted SO badly for there to be a time machine so I could go back in time.. SO badly. :( :grumpy: :sigh:

Then again, sitting around with the band naked isn't such a bad thought either... :drool:

I would have loved to have been at the ZooTV tour...but alas, I was just a toddler. Plus, that's one of my favorite albums of all time, so to see it live...:drool:

I would have loved to have been the girl bono pulled out of the crowd at the Live Aid concert, that was a definative moment for U2 and probably one thing the girl would never have forgotten!

That's mine anyway.

Back
Top Bottom