Shadows and Tall Trees chap 8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

englishmuffin

Babyface
“Hey isn’t that Paul over there?” Jane asked her sister tapping her on the shoulder.
“Yea how come he’s not with us? Isn’t that who you were bringing Nicole?” Katrina asked. Nicole nervously shuffled her feet.
“Umm, yea he said that he would meet us here…..”
“Let’s go say hi to him, then.” Katrina said, hoping this would take her mind off Monique and Adam.
“Oh no let’s not I don’t really want to talk to him…..”
“How come?” Jane asked looking at Nicole, “I thought you guy’s were good friends.”
Nicole looked away, “Yea we used to be. I don’t wanna talk about it.”

Nicole tried not to look at Paul. He was off in a corner with his girlfriend kissing her neck and whispering in her ear. I’m not jealous. Nicole told her self repeatedly I’m not jealous. But I thought he wanted to be with me…..
No we’re just friends that’s it. Friends.
But he always hang’s out with me….
That’s because I’m like a new toy, cool at the beginning but old and boring after a few days.
Then how come he always calls and visits……

Nicole looked away. It was to confusing. Either he liked her or he didn’t. But did she like him?
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………..
“Hey Katrina?” said someone tapping Katrina on the shoulder.
Katrina whipped around. Dave was standing right behind her.
“Umm I know this sounds weird but umm I don’t… well…. I was…do you wanna go for a walk with me?”
Katrina couldn’t have been happier to. “I’d love to”
She and Dave slowly made their way away from the crowd and towards the trail that led to the public park.
“This would be a perfect time”, Katrina started, “For you to tell me about yourself.” Dave smiled.
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
Monique smiled at Adam. He was so nice to her, when she didn’t need him too or asked him to.
All her life she had known nothing but her father loving her mother then yelling and sometimes beating her mother then just leaving without saying a word. But even though she had been going out with Adam for a short while, he was just so unbelievably kind to her, that she couldn’t understand it.
“You’re so beautiful” Adam said to Monique tucking her hair behind her ear so he could see her face. He grabbed her hand, Monique smiled Adam slowly brought her hand up to his lips and gently kissed her knuckles making his way across her entire hand. Monique watched his face when he did this. Every time before he kissed her hand he seamed to study it, as if memorizing it. Not wanting to forget the way it looked. Then he’d gently run a finger across it and kiss it, gently.
“You’re so kind to me" Monique said looking into his eyes.

Adam chuckled, “I guess it’s because I like you too much.” he put down her hand, and scoped her up in his arms.
“But I didn’t do anything to deserve it.” Monique said wrapping her arms around his waist. He lifted up her chin, looking her straight in the eye.
“Yes, you do.” He said to her softly, kissing her forehead.
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Mariah glared out the window. She could be at a big bonfire by now, but no. her mom just had to come to the hospital to see if she was pregnant. Mariah started drumming her fingers on the doctors table next to her in protest of being here. Her mother sighed.
“Mariah, I know you don’t want to be here, but I need you to be.”
“Why?” Mariah said glaring at her feet as if it was their entire fault that she wasn’t at Gavin Friday’s bonfire, “So I can be your shoulder to cry on?” Her mother sighed again.
“I just need you here ok? It would be more…….difficult if your father was here.”
Mariah glared out the window again. “Can I at lest go in the waiting room while you get your tests?” Mariah asked trying to force all the angriness into her voice as possible.
“If it will make you stop complaining….” Her mother said flipping through a magazine.
Gratefully Mariah stood up and left without saying a word.

How could her mother do this to her? She should’ve asked Mariah first if she could get pregnant or not. Maybe Mariah liked being an only child

Mariah sat across from a glaring boy. He looked like she felt. Ready to punch the wall.
“Well it’s nice to know that I’m not the only one here in Dublin who’s angry.” Mariah said looking at the boy.
“Oh,” he said trying to fight a smile. Something about him looked familiar. “Right. Why are you angry, then?” the boy asked glaring at his feet the way she had.
“While I could be at a big bonfire I’m here while my mom gets some tests done.”
He looked up at her, “Gavin Friday’s bonfire?”
Mariah looked up too, “Yea, were you gonna go?”
He smiled, “Yea actually I was!”
Mariah laughed, “Funny how things work huh? I’m Mariah by the way.” She said figuring she’d be here for a while and might as well meet someone new. He did look about her age.
He laughed a bit, looking at Mariah in a funny way. Had she perhaps started a spark?
“I’m Larry.”

Back
Top Bottom