Shadows and Tall Trees chap 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

englishmuffin

Babyface
Mariah leaned against the wall of the hallway thinking. She wasn’t really sure what she was thinking. She was just…..thinking. She walked up the hall. Then back down again. Then back up. Then back down. This probably looks weird, she thought. She found it strangely entertaining. She did this a few more times, all until she ran into someone hard. “I’m so sorry!” she said getting up from the ground. “Its ok!!” said the blonde headed boy she had run into. She helped him pick up his books. “Sorry! That’s what I get for not paying attention!” she said giving him his books. “It’s ok.” He said again. “You’re not hurt are you?” he asked. “No I’m fine!” she said, she laughed, “Are you?” He laughed back, “No I’m fine.” She looked at him. He was good looking alright. He had long blonde hair and hazel eyes. .. Mariah’s cheeks burned pink. “Well I gotta go.” He said quickly walking off. Mariah stood up and watched him walk off. He must be shy…oh well at least he said thanks.

Mariah began pacing again this time making sure that she didn’t run into anybody. She was just about to go look for Monique or Nicole when Nicole herself came running towards Mariah. “I’m such an idiot!!!!” she said stopping to catch her breath. “And you just noticed?” Mariah said smiling at her friend. Nicole glared at her, “can we be serious please?” Mariah sighed, “Why are you and idiot?” Nicole began to tell her about the blue eyed boy whom she walked a way from. “I shouldn’t have walked away!!! He probably thinks that he scared me off or something!!!” Mariah smiled; Nicole had a soft problem of not thinking carefully enough before she acted. She tended to over think a bit too. “It’s ok. I’m sure he understood. Besides it’s a big school what are the odds you’ll see him again?” she said. Nicole smiled, “well thanks for raining on my parade!!” she said laughing. Mariah laughed too, “Yup that’s what I’m here for!” Nicole smiled.

Nicole decided to join Mariah in her walking up and down the halls, and so did Katrina….and so did Monique. Monique told them about the boy, Adam in their math class. “Yea he seamed like someone you would like, Monique.” Nicole said bending over to tie her shoe. “I was surprised how casual he was.” Katrina said leaning against the hallway wall. “Like this was an every day thing to him.” Mariah added. “I know! Isn’t that great?” Monique said smiling. Nicole suddenly looked at Monique as if she were shearching her enitre body for any sign of emotion. "Do you like him, Monique?" she asked. This was not the road Monique wanted to go down. "Well, technecally no," she said "I don't know him enough to like him." she said with a triumphant smile. Nicole looked at her again. Monique quickly looked away. This was The wrong thing to do when Nicole was trying to figure out if you liked someone. Monique tiried her hardest to give Nicole a : yes i like him but don't say anything at all!!!! look. Nicole must've caught on , for she gave Monique a slight wink. Monique smiled and looked at Katrina. She blinked. "What?" she said. Monique grinned.

Back
Top Bottom