Screen Caps from the VERTIGO video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was just :combust:ing over the video and thought I'd come here! Thank you! :bow:

Queen Bee said:
vertigovid18.jpg

:combust: Yummy! :combust:

U2’s new album launch (A Mermaid, A–musing and A song called Vertigo)

Dear old Mr Bonjo, you’ve got to hand it to him; when his head is in a spin, he certainly knows how to deliver! The humdinger of a track that is VERTIGO strikes a chord in more ways than ONE. This sexy, angst ridden rendition is a mile away from safe little ditties like Sweetest Thing. Let’s hope the new U2 offering ‘How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb’ is full of such delights and that a somewhat tame phase is over. When Bono is on form, nobody does it better! We should surely hope that his dismantlement is a long way off. I’m not discounting the punchier tracks of ‘All that you can’t Leave Behind’, but the endless soul searching about what ‘couldn’t be left behind’ wore a bit thin. In ‘A place called Vertigo’, it sounds like Bono has realised that a little bit of danger is tortuous fun. Okay, the protagonist’s head is a ‘Jungle’ and he’s fumbling around in the dark. But it’s also plain to see that he seems to like where it’s all heading: ‘You give me something I can feel’. The admission that ‘the head can’t rule the heart’ relinquishes reason and control; whilst the mystery ‘girl with crimson nails and Jesus around her neck’ speaks to his soul and stirs up ‘everything I wish I didn’t know’. Vertigo charts subterranean territory and offers an outlet for raw emotion that doesn’t stand a chance unless the protagonist realises one thing: that alchemical love and passion really can go hand in hand. Finally as a defence mechanism the Vertigo angst is transmuted into a Divine Rapture that sublimates irrational urges and recognises the redemption of Grace; ‘your love is teaching me how to kneel’. No it’s not a cop out, but it IS a separate issue!

Back
Top Bottom