saying hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sherry Darling

New Yorker
So, I thought I'd say hi after lurking for a few months! I'm a teacher (which means I'll be back in lurkerdom soon, lots of work to do...) but I wanted to say hi and ask a coupla questions of the group of women who get an A++ from me for their close, personal study of the men of U2.
biggrin.gif

Favorite Member: Bono! (Hey Bonobabes! Isn't he beautiful?? That voice, that smile, that lovely bitchy "no bullshit" streak....)
Favorite Song by U2: Today? Still Haven't Found...
Album: J Tree, Born to Run
Others: Springsteen (Hence the screen name), Ani Defranco, Indigo Girls, the Beatles, the Eagles
Favorite PLEAB Thread: "Elevated Bono" Heh heh. I can't BELIEVE you guys!!
smile.gif
Hail, I can't believe HIM! Ali's a lucky woman....

Questions: So what's the best book out there on U2 to read?

And...is it true you can order tickets through U2propaganda, that fanzine? I'm thinking about subscribing and couldn't find much information on their site.

So...thanks for the drools and the laughs and good luck with ticketbastard!

Sherry Darling

Hi! Nice to have you posting on our "lunatic fringe" after lurking!

The BEST book IMO is U2 At The End Of The World by Bill Flanagan-very insightful and lots of laughs too!

Did you subscribe on their site-because I think you can now-do it right away if you can, so maybe you can have a shot at Fall tix-not sure though.

I LOVE Springsteen too!!! Can't wait for that MSG DVD to come out.

Hi SherryDarling,
so nice to meet you, about your questions as GM said, the Flanagan book is very good, lots of behind the scenes stuff, it is a good read. I also have Into the Heart, by Niall Stokes, it tells you "the stories behind every song", it is also informative. I am building a U2 library of Bsides from the one's listed in this book. I wish Bono would do his own interpretation of the songs (that would really be interesting). *like the man isn't busy enough, now I want him to write a book about the songs*
wink.gif

About the tkt situation, I have heard that tkts may be available thru Propaganda, they may have a cut off date for tkt availablility, you may want to subscribe just in case, the fee is $20 (relatively cheap). I have never gotten tkts thru propaganda, but I am hoping I can use it as an option to the "usual method".
Again, NICE TO MEET YOU!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
"Bass players attract the weirdest fans..." --Edge

"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

*+*MaRiA*+*

See, this is why PLEABA rules and why ya'll get so many delurkations. Thanks for the warm warm welcome.

GM-- BRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUCCCCEEE rules!
smile.gif
It totally endears me that he and Bono have this mutual admiration society thing going on. And what a KILLER induction speech Bono gave him. Never saw it, but I read it and he expressed everything a Springsteen fan feels. "You were familiar to us." "Saving lyrics from the phonies." "How the be in the business but not of it." (Hmmm...now who does that sound like?)

SG-- thanks for the welcome.

I'll take a look at that book and check out Propaganda. Anyone have any other votes?
biggrin.gif

Again, thank you. I think I'll stay a while!

Elevatedly,
SD

PS-- anyone else sitting thur the MTV crap...only Rev. Springsteen or Brother Bono could be worth this....

Originally posted by Sherry Darling:
Questions: So what's the best book out there on U2 to read?

Umm....well... I'd like to read Adam's mind... And I'd read any book ON U2!! Sounds goodie!! LMAO

Welcome Sherry Dahhlin'
smile.gif
Enjoy!

biggrin.gif

Welcome.

------------------
~*Everybody's talkin' about POP Musik!*~

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica* .???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Thanks again for the welcome, ladies. FYI, just subscribed to that magazine. I think I'll enjoy it even if it doesn't get me tix.
smile.gif

Still steamed about MTV,
Cheryl

Back
Top Bottom