Say it ain't so Edge!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MooMoo! said:
You know you have mental issues when you're upset about someone else donating their guitars to charity. :laugh:

I did like that though, and Bonos one. Was that the same LP he uses on The Fly live/f Boston on the Elevation DVD?

if so, NOOOO! :scream:

yep

I just looked through the whole list of items (here ), and there are so many amazing U2 items. They're by far the band who donated the most. Bono's Falcon is also part of this auction :sad:

186.0_mid.jpg

How wonderful would it be to see someone win one of these guitars, make the donation, then give it back? It really says a lot about the band that they're willing to give away these instruments. It's one thing to just donate some autographs or something, but Edge parting with not one but several of his guitars? That's heart and soul.

I'm very proud but a little sad, too.

i never noticed those flowers on the knobs...nice detail...hes changing guitars maybe?

BonoIsMyMuse said:
I just looked through the whole list of items (here ), and there are so many amazing U2 items. They're by far the band who donated the most. Bono's Falcon is also part of this auction :sad:

186.0_mid.jpg

How wonderful would it be to see someone win one of these guitars, make the donation, then give it back? It really says a lot about the band that they're willing to give away these instruments. It's one thing to just donate some autographs or something, but Edge parting with not one but several of his guitars? That's heart and soul.

Uh oh! Digsy is going to have a fit when she sees this. Either that or she will ask for a HUGE loan to get that guitar. :wink:

BonoIsMyMuse said:

186.0_mid.jpg

:shocked: No way! I like that guitar so much. Sad to see it go! :sad: But It's for a good cause so I guess it ain't that bad! :up:

I thought Bono had two of the Gretsch's?

The thing about Edge is that he rarely uses the same guitar for a song on all tours. The rare instances are with songs like Zoo Station. So, I think he'll just play songs with different guitars, or get a new one.

I'd love to see the return of his Goldtop.

I thought Bono gave a Gretsch for a charity auction after a Brazil show. Anyway, the Gretsch is much easier to replace than the '75 Les Paul.

From what I can remember of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame U2 exhibit a few years ago, Bono had 8 of the same Gretsch made. One was on display at the exhibit....not sure if it's still there or if it was given back when the exhibit closed.

arw9797 said:
From what I can remember of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame U2 exhibit a few years ago, Bono had 8 of the same Gretsch made. One was on display at the exhibit....not sure if it's still there or if it was given back when the exhibit closed.

Bono's Irish Falcon guitar is by no means a "rare" instrument.
Guitar shops sell that model (for $3-4k).

BonoIsMyMuse said:

186.0_mid.jpg

WOW!! THE FALCON????:scream: :sad: :scream:

arw9797 said:

The Guitar is still there so there's that one
the one he's giving away now, one that he's already given away, so he's got what? five left?

I would settle for the knit cap. I wonder how you would display it -- in a frame? Or maybe Edge would have to come and model it from time to time :)

ntalwar said:

Bono's Irish Falcon guitar is by no means a "rare" instrument.
Guitar shops sell that model (for $3-4k).

I didn't say it was rare. I just said he has more than one. I'm sure he'll have the same guitar on the next tour. I also wouldn't be surprised if we see Edge with the very style and color Les Paul he's donating now. He could easily replace it if he wanted to.

I'm pretty sure Edge has a couple of the cream colored LP Customs, as Dallas said in the Guitar World interview, Edge has a backup for every guitar (even if a different color, at least an LP Custom). Sad though, it was that guitar that inspired me to get an Epiphone LP Custom when they briefly made a cream colored one.

Niamh_Saoirse said:

Uh oh! Digsy is going to have a fit when she sees this. Either that or she will ask for a HUGE loan to get that guitar. :wink:

you aint wrong!
although somehow I doubt the bank is going to give me $40 000+

still i can rest easy knowing i once touched that guitar :wink:

Val said:
Edge and the Les Paul go together. I'm speechless.

This Les Paul has "2" written on the back of it.. I'm sure he still has the "1".

kellyahern said:

Yeah, me too. I'm strangely relieved that it's not the Explorer :lol:.

Same here!!!!! That guitar is Edge's trademark, he should NEVER stop using it!

I'm impressed that Edge is parting with this guitar he's played on for so many years!

Lobe said:
I don't know much about guitars... but by the looks..... isn't it the one he uses for Sunday bloody sunday??? :scratch:

Giving away one of his most beloved guitars shows how much he is into this cause....

good for you, Edge!

(pity I haven't got enough money... :wink: )
nope, SBS is on the Fender Telecaster cream
this one was used for
One and The Electric Co. on this tour I think :hmm:

Jim said:

This Les Paul has "2" written on the back of it.. I'm sure he still has the "1".

I hope he still does. I can't see him without that les paul!! Even though it's his 2nd one I'm still pretty shocked that he's giving it away although props to him for doing it. :up:

Back
Top Bottom