Saw Bono and The Edge pre-Globes!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
My friend and I completely lucked out this afternoon and saw Bono and The Edge and Morleigh and Paul leaving for the Golden Globes! Bono came over to take pictures and sign autographs for everyone. He signed my Propaganda, now making that single issue completely worth the $25 I paid for it! He looked so adorable in his little suit! He struck a pose for all of us and said, "Don't I look posh?"
Though Edge didn't come over (so, so, so sad!), Morleigh did roll down the window when the drove by and Edge leaned over and waved to all of us. This close encounter has only furthered my Edgerness!

I'm getting my pics developed tomorrow (none with me and Bono, but I did take some pics of the man), hoping they turned out and that I can get a picture CD so I can share them with all of you.

Two things, first Bono is such a tremenous person. I have met him before and gushed about how great he is, but really I don't think it can be said enough. How many celebs, regardless of how big they are, would take time out for their fans the way Bono always does? Not many. He took time with each person there, talked to them, made them the center of his attention for that moment, and for that I am grateful and in total awe!
Second, U2 fans are great! All the girls there were talking with each other, sharing their U2 stories and when Bono came out, everyone took pictures of everyone else. Later e-mail addresses were exchanged so pics could be exchanged. I've gotten such great feelings from meeting and talking with other U2 fans, this really is a great community.

Congrats to our boys, hope to see them again at the Oscars! Thanks Bono for being amazing as always!

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you even posted this in the right forum...good on ya!!!! :D

OMG dsmith, that is so amazing:yes: Your second brush with
greatness, Bono. You are so lucky. But what a shame, as an
edger that you did not get to meet Edge, but at least he
waved at you which is better than not seeing him at all.
Way to go dsmith:up: I hope I get to meet any of the memebers
of U2 someday, preferebly Edge:love:

dsmith2904 said:

Two things, first Bono is such a tremenous person. I have met him before and gushed about how great he is, but really I don't think it can be said enough. How many celebs, regardless of how big they are, would take time out for their fans the way Bono always does? Not many. He took time with each person there, talked to them, made them the center of his attention for that moment, and for that I am grateful and in total awe!
Second, U2 fans are great! All the girls there were talking with each other, sharing their U2 stories and when Bono came out, everyone took pictures of everyone else. Later e-mail addresses were exchanged so pics could be exchanged. I've gotten such great feelings from meeting and talking with other U2 fans, this really is a great community.

Congrats to our boys, hope to see them again at the Oscars! Thanks Bono for being amazing as always!

Awww, warm Bono fuzzies! I'm sooo happy for you Dev! I'm glad you had fun meeting U2 fans too!

So, next time - The Edge! :D

If this works (please, please, please), this is a window display at the shopping center across from the hotel. My friend and I took it as an omen for the weekend...

Attachments

• u2window2.jpg
    u2window2.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 186
Before I post the first Bono pic, if any of you are in these pics or know anyone in these pics -- Hi! Feel free to PM me if you have pics of me or my friend with Bono and we can exhange prints or digital images or whatever. I was the girl with the long reddish-brown curly hair who got her Prop signed and my friend was the one whose camera wouldn't work when she was trying to get a pic with Bono. Also, thanks BostonAnne for sizing these down for me. As always, you are my tech guru!

Okay, on with the show...

Attachments

• bonolong2.jpg
    bonolong2.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
I didn't take many pics, it all happened so fast! Sadly, I didn't get any pictures of Edge but this painfully close encounter has only furthered my determination to meet him one day (hopefully soon!). But I did get this really great picture of Bono that I love so much and probably wouldn't trade for anything.
Again, thank you Bono and thanks to all the cool girls I met at the hotel yesterday. Next stop, the Academy Awards!!

Attachments

• bonomel2.jpg
    bonomel2.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 189
dsmith2904 said:
I didn't take many pics, it all happened so fast! Sadly, I didn't get any pictures of Edge but this painfully close encounter has only furthered my determination to meet him one day (hopefully soon!). But I did get this really great picture of Bono that I love so much and probably wouldn't trade for anything.
Again, thank you Bono and thanks to all the cool girls I met at the hotel yesterday. Next stop, the Academy Awards!!

Maybe at the Academy Awards you will get your chance to meet Edge. The pictures came out great. You are a lucky woman:yes:

Last edited:
Awesome pics and what a great story!!! And yeah, I am thinking with your luck you are sure to meet Edge real soon!:yes:
thanks for sharing :)

EyesMakeACircle said:
Is there anyway for these pics to be posted not as attachments? The only thing I see is an interference logo when I click on them... :(

I think that maybe because you're not a premium member you can't view attachments. I have these pics saved on disk, not on a Web site, so there's really no other way for them to be seen right now. Sorry.

Glad that everyone likes the pics. After getting the pictures developed I kept asking my friend to show me then put away that last one. Bono looks so great in it!! He and Edge both looked so incredible at the awards.
Thank you for all your good thoughts in regards to me meeting Edge. Fingers crossed!

wow! dsmith! you're a doll for sharing those! Thee most Awesome moment-too fast 'eh? But I bet you'll never forget those eyes! And that Smile..emm, anyway, thanx again! What was that again about Edge*?! Just teasin'..:>)

Wow Devlin. Amazing story. You really have an uncanny knack for meeting U2...care to share your secret?

dsmith2904 said:
But I did get this really great picture of Bono that I love so much and probably wouldn't trade for anything.

Very nice photos. How lucky to have Bono smiling at you like that in the last one. :applaud:

-DT

Back
Top Bottom