Saturday night live

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jam Jar

New Yorker
In the middle of the Pine Barrens with the Jersey
ahh, every saturday night- you can look forward to havin a good laugh- anyhoo, there was a skit about donnatella versace, and chris kattan came on as bono-'twas funny- yes- just wanted to let ya know (any stills in the future, perhaps?
wink.gif

------------------
Be uncool, yes be awkward
"I look cool, i am cool"- Lardence
9:55: With a bit of a wink in his eye, Edge apologizes for last year's rambling Grammy
speech, then begins to natter on again. You go, Dave! ~ from Rolling Stone mag, at the Grammy's

i talk too much, so talk with me! AIM: BoNovoX2U2
or talk to me through evil MSN : u2jamjar@hotmail.com

Shite!! I feckin missed it!!! Sula told me and I ran down and missed it!!! almost injuring myself again!! Its just not my night!!
frown.gif

------------------
Proud owner & lover *munch munch*(of the now late) Larry cookie

You know, I was going to go put it on too cause Ian McKellan is supposed to be hosting. Damn.

Don't stress, girls. Comedy Central repeats the new ones not long after NBC airs them.

------------------
"I have a dragon, and I know how to use it. I'm a donkey on the edge!" -Shrek

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

I managed to catch it. In the skit Donatella told Bono to shut up after he started talking about Third World Debt and she told him to sing and just when Bono started to sing SIAM she threw him out. I thought it was funny. Kattan does a good impression.

------------------
~*~Keep your head up cause a new day's gonna come...Midnight--Oh...she can't sleep she's afraid to dream...My Spanish Rose~*~

Originally posted by iamshazza:
I saw it
biggrin.gif

I love Chris Kattan! He is just as adorable as he can be...and he does a GREAT Bono!

Yes it is good but it is nowhere near Adam Sandler's impression

Hey DoctorWho:

My Dad and brother forced me to watch you and your adventures when I was a kid.... are you still getting younger and younger
wink.gif

------------------
Daisy

Uncertainty...it can be a guiding light

AIM: daisyone75

http://communities.msn.com/Piccies

Dr. WHO...you're on SNL!!!

woohoo...I never knew you looked so much like Ian McKellen, you sexy dawg you!
biggrin.gif

I'm on the west coast, thanks for the heads up!! I love Chris Kattan also. I've never seen him do Bono... Yay.
smile.gif

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

Thanks for letting us know! Wooo hooo!

All I know is, I saw a skit that was so freakin' funny, I nearly peed my pants. It was the show Brendan Fraser was hosting. OHMYGAWD.... Chris Kattan and oh, crap, I forgot the other dood's name... anyhow, they were workers in a "trendy" store - and kept insulting the people who came up to ask for help. It got to the point where they lost it completely and were saying their lines in a fit of giggles. I know it's bad form to break your character and laugh, but OHMYGAWD, it was so hilarious.
biggrin.gif

Just thought I'd share. If you ever have the opportunity to watch the one with Brendan Fraser hosting, watch, watch, watch!
biggrin.gif

Moonie
biggrin.gif

Oh well call me a bad sport with no sense of humor but I don't like to see Bono made fun of, especially since they also joked on his debt relief causes like he was being annoying talking about them all the time. I just care about Bono and his causes too much to laugh at that. I do say though that being dressed as Bono did improve the looks of the ususally sickening looking Kattan LMAO!!! He even tried to imitate his voice and the way he hold his mouth.

I saw it, and I loved it! I had to do a double take, cause for a minute I thought it was him...

And I don't feel too bad about them making fun of Bono cause this isn't the first time, and SNL trashes any and every celebrity, even if they are doing something noble. And I knew that when Bono began working for debt relief, he would be criticized, so it just comes with the job.

------------------
~*~?~*~ Katie ~*~?~*~
"Now America looks smart and, dare I say it, sexy again." ~ Bono, 2000

She is the dreamer
She's imagination

I have a feeling Bono himself would laugh his ass off if he saw that. Chris Kattan had him down perfectly and it was hilarious!

Originally posted by moon_is_playing_tricks:

OHMYGAWD.... Chris Kattan and oh, crap, I forgot the other dood's name...
Moonie
biggrin.gif

I think it's Jimmy Fallon?

I saw the Bono impression, he looked a little bit like him physically, but I really dont like when people are making impressions of him
smile.gif

it's better the original Bono , the real thing
wink.gif

------------------
"The goal is elevation"
"Midnight is when the day begins"

Originally posted by Autumn454:
Bobcat Golthwait (sp) used to do a JT Bono.
Yeah! He used to do this bit about being at a U2 concert and how awsome they are and when they did "Pride" how it was so moving and he was just on the verge of tears and this a-hole next to him says "Man, I bet Bono gets so much p*s*y" and then Bobcat says he started whippin the doods arse...
biggrin.gif

And then he would do WOWY like in the video...he could actually sing really good!

Originally posted by iamshazza:
Originally posted by Autumn454:
Bobcat Golthwait (sp) used to do a JT Bono.
Yeah! He used to do this bit about being at a U2 concert and how awsome they are and when they did "Pride" how it was so moving and he was just on the verge of tears and this a-hole next to him says "Man, I bet Bono gets so much p*s*y" and then Bobcat says he started whippin the doods arse...
biggrin.gif

And then he would do WOWY like in the video...he could actually sing really good!

That's it! He would put his hair in a ponytail, wear a sleeveless top and put his hands up over his head and lock his wrists together and sing the 'my hands are tied' part! No he wasn't a bad singer but no comparison to Bono in looks or sound LMAO!

------------------
~Burned by the fire of love~

Back
Top Bottom