Sad sad weekend.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2loopy

War Child
Hello Plebans,

I know I'm still a Babyface and maybe this is not the forum to post this in but I could seriously use some cheering up. I had to put my cat to sleep this weekend. (She was pretty sick, 15 years old). I'm actually pretty devastated.

I post here because I know from lurking that you girls have the ability to crack me up! Plus, I could use a couple of hot pics to cheer me up.

I will repay everyone the favor of posting pics as soon as I can figure out how to do it myself!!
confused.gif

Thanks in advanced ladies!!
frown.gif

------------------
Work like you don't need to
Love like you've never been hurt
Dance like no one is watching

[This message has been edited by u2loopy (edited 01-22-2002).]

dashes over and hugs U2Loopy ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS HUGS HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))

Im so sorry to hear bout that, I would be upset if mine was put down, and will be when the time come.......
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

i knows ya want hot pics, to cheer ya up but who of????

frown.gif

OMG! I'm so sorry to hear about your poor cat.
frown.gif

I'm lost so many beloved pets,many in horrific ways, and i loved them like they were my kids. So I know what youre going through.
Just remember, animals *do* go to Heaven!!!
And, DONT LET ANYBODY GIVE YOU ANY CRAP ABOUT WHAT YOURE FEELING! DONT LET THEM TELL YOU THAT ITS "JUST A CAT" OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT! IF ANYONE SAYS ANYTHING LIKE THAT TO YOU, TOSS 'EM IN THE LIONS DEN AT YOUR LOCAL ZOO!!
mad.gif

I'll go look for some pix.
smile.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

I am so sorry to hear about your kitty, I had to put my cat to sleep back in April, he was only two years old. Just remember, it may have been a hard decision, but she is at peace now, I know it sounds corny and stuff, but things like that really help me on days when I miss my Sam. I hope these pics help

iA56009EE-5373-4211-9775-3361AD55610B.jpg

i114B4732-3B6B-4BE9-83D9-FDB0795D9982.jpg

i3FB19F92-737C-463C-B046-CFAAB5F41D29.jpg

i21B2E148-580C-4162-A778-0337D246BF8E.jpg

------------------
Dana

"U2 is hot."
-random girl from my math class.

Originally posted by mad1:
dashes over and hugs U2Loopy ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS HUGS HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))

Im so sorry to hear bout that, I would be upset if mine was put down, and will be when the time come.......
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

i knows ya want hot pics, to cheer ya up but who of????

frown.gif

I am a bono-girl, but any pics of the boys will do. Thanks for the hugs!

------------------

Originally posted by Miss MacPhisto:
OMG! I'm so sorry to hear about your poor cat.
frown.gif

I'm lost so many beloved pets,many in horrific ways, and i loved them like they were my kids. So I know what youre going through.
Just remember, animals *do* go to Heaven!!!
And, DONT LET ANYBODY GIVE YOU ANY CRAP ABOUT WHAT YOURE FEELING! DONT LET THEM TELL YOU THAT ITS "JUST A CAT" OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT! IF ANYONE SAYS ANYTHING LIKE THAT TO YOU, TOSS 'EM IN THE LIONS DEN AT YOUR LOCAL ZOO!!
mad.gif

I'll go look for some pix.
smile.gif

Thank you so much for your kind words!!! It's funny you adivsed me about not letting anyone give me crap about what I was feeling too because I was almost leery about posting this thinking people were going to react by
rolleyes.gif
!!!

But I see differently. You girls are so kind!!! Thanks a bunch!!!!!

------------------

If anyone reacts by
rolleyes.gif
I will personally beat them over the head with a large frying pan.

Losing a pet is nothing to roll your eyes about!!

< -- animal lover.

i18135650-510B-4CFD-80DC-5189FD3A921A.jpg

------------------
My Lair

i'm really sorry to hear about this. my dog died while in a kennel (alone) while my parents were on vacation and i was away at school. it was probably the worst feeling in the world for me. this was quite a few years ago now...But you were there with you kitty, and she knows you loved her.

so, try and remember the fun times with her!

and keep pictures of her around. i have lots of my ol' pooch, and they always make me smile.

u2-performs-bono.jpg

music is a good way to help you through tough times.

Originally posted by Sicy:
If anyone reacts by
rolleyes.gif
I will personally beat them over the head with a large frying pan.

Losing a pet is nothing to roll your eyes about!!

< -- animal lover.

Thank you very much
smile.gif
. I see I have you AND Bono to back me up just in case.
i18135650-510B-4CFD-80DC-5189FD3A921A.jpg

------------------

Originally posted by elizabeth:
i'm really sorry to hear about this. my dog died while in a kennel (alone) while my parents were on vacation and i was away at school. it was probably the worst feeling in the world for me. this was quite a few years ago now...But you were there with you kitty, and she knows you loved her.

so, try and remember the fun times with her!

and keep pictures of her around. i have lots of my ol' pooch, and they always make me smile.

u2-performs-bono.jpg

music is a good way to help you through tough times.

frown.gif
How very sad for you and your family!

I have kept pictures around me, they absolutely make me feel better.

bono-larry-vmo-00.jpg

I'm very sorry to hear that loopy. I dread the day when I have to go through the same thing. (((HUGS))).

I am so sorry for you loss hon. I know how you feel-the previous dog I had had to be put to sleep, and it was absolutely devastating, even though she was old and suffering.

After some time passes, look for a poem called 'The Rainbow Bridge'. You should be able to find it online. It helped me a little-maybe it could help you . Don't be afraid to share things like this on here-you're among friends.

CQ_Bono03.jpg

Originally posted by u2loopy:

I actually made the mistake of going onto a Pet Loss Grief Support website and I read the poem you mentioned

Oh no-that's why I thought you should wait a while-hope you didn't read it because I mentioned it. * so sorry*

People gave me books, etc.-but I couldn't even read them. But the poem is beautiful-it still makes me cry though.

You're welcome-and I hope this place can help just a little. *Hugs* to you.

Aw, loopy, I'm sorry--I've been there. It's awful. Three years ago, I had to euthanize my 18 year old cat. Very, very difficult.
frown.gif

frown.gif
((((u2loopy)))))
frown.gif

I am very sorry. Having experienced the loss of beloved pets too, so I can totally understand your feelings. I agree with what Miss MacPhisto says. I wanted to share with you something from a Bassett Hound message board that has helped me in your situation. It never fails to bring tears to my eyes whenever I see it. I know that I have a few precious cats and dogs waiting for me there, at~~

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE

Just this side of Heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food,water and sunshine and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing: they each miss someone very special, someone who was left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance.
His bright eyes are intent; his eager body begins to quiver.
Suddenly, he breaks from the group, flying over the green grass, faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet,
you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again.
The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into those trusting eyes, so long gone from your life,
but never absent from your heart.Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together...

By Paul C. Dahm

835-mid.jpg

[This message has been edited by *Stormy* (edited 01-22-2002).]

Pobrecita!!!

Baile conmigo....
tamaleD.gif

My my! A hot tamale for THEE!!
smile.gif

I'm so sorry Loopy
frown.gif
I remember when we had to put our cat to sleep bc he was always sick
frown.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~BONO~

LOVE me, give me SOUL

O YEAH YEAH YEAH...

Awww......loopy! *hugs*

I've been there before.
frown.gif

A few years ago I had to give my cat Macphisto (yes, his name was Macphisto) away because my Mom had just had a baby... I loved him to pieces, and to see him go broke my heart.

Here's something cheery for you....

group88.gif

102198tunes.jpg

102282tunes.jpg

Love ya, loopy! *more hugs*

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*
A honey child to a swarm of bees...

Let me love you true, let me rescue you...

[This message has been edited by wildhoney22 (edited 01-22-2002).]

I'm sorry Loopy, I only got as far as Miss MacPhisto's post before went and posted mine. I didn't know you had seen it and I hope it didn't make you sad. Everyone handles things differently and it helped me and still does. It's very special to me. I was hoping it would do some good, for you, for me, for someone else. Take care.

Go here when youre in private, and are prepared for a good cry:
http://www.rainbowbridge.com
for a fee you can set up an online memorial for your cat. Its really nice.

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

Originally posted by Miss MacPhisto:
Go here when youre in private, and are prepared for a good cry:
http://www.rainbowbridge.com
for a fee you can set up an online memorial for your cat. Its really nice.

Miss MacPhisto, I agree with everything you said in your post. I posted the Rainbow Bridge in this thread, it has helped me and I hoped it would help someone else. It's a very sweet thing. It's always good to know someone else who cares about animals so much. I hope I didn't upset anyone, my intentions were only the best. I have very deep feelings on this subject and it made me cry.

aw, sweetie!
frown.gif
*HUGS*

i know where you're coming from. my cat was put to sleep only a week before christmas.

hope you feel better soon!

------------------
~Julie*
ScottPhisto's Shampoo Girl

"Let me introduce you to the scientist in the family. The man who gets sexual pleasure out of the collection of data. The Edge!" ~Bono (Boston)

The Fly: *looking at Edge* Did you have a dictionary for breakfast or something?
(MPS)

"EEEEEDGE, BEDAZZLE MEEEEEE!"

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. My dog had to be put to sleep in Oct. It was so hard, but at least now I know he's not suffering.
*hugs all the PLEBA gang who have lost pets*
~ Jen

*Hugs Loopy*

Sorry I can't post pics cos my computer won't let me but I just wanted to show my support *hugs again*

Here's someone to cheer u up!...So sorry to hear the news..It's terrible losing a pet!..Breaks my heart!..I have lost a few over the years who were very dear to me..I know where u are coming from!

Just look at this pic daily and u will feel so much better trust me!
wink.gif

333495%3B923232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E5%3C%3B%3E73%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D323237%3C968%3A%3B9nu0mrj

Take care and cheer up...your pet is in a better place now..

Peace!

------------------
If you twist and turn away
If you tear yourself in two again
If I could, yes I would
If I could, I would
Let it go
Surrender
Dislocate

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
I am so sorry for you loss hon. I know how you feel-the previous dog I had had to be put to sleep, and it was absolutely devastating, even though she was old and suffering.

After some time passes, look for a poem called 'The Rainbow Bridge'. You should be able to find it online. It helped me a little-maybe it could help you . Don't be afraid to share things like this on here-you're among friends.

CQ_Bono03.jpg

Thank you Gina Marie
smile.gif
And thanks for the Hot pic of Bono
biggrin.gif

I actually made the mistake of going onto a Pet Loss Grief Support website and I read the poem you mentioned.
frown.gif
I was blubbering at my desk at work!

I'll stick to PLEBA for happy thoughts!

------------------

Back
Top Bottom