sad happening

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
One of my best friends was killed in a car accident last night. I went to a medieval re-enactment event today, and she was killed in an accident on the way to the thing last night. I was shocked to say the least. There was an "in memorium" notice on the event registration table, with a can for a bereavement fund............damn. This hurts. I absolutely cannot believe this. :sad: :sad: :(

verte, I am so sorry to hear such horrible, horrendous news!:sad:

oh,man, just awful....oh, I know that it hurts like someone one just tossed you into a ring of hell.

{ i lost my first [vs one loss of a semi-friend as a teenager] adult friend, who was not in my circle of closest friend, but he was funny, sweet, artistic and caring about 2 1/2 years ago. He was a neighbor of mine & we became friends along the way}.

That was shock enough!

ANd I have yet to inquire whether one of my closest friends is still alive [she had a bout with a potentially deadly illness 13 yrs ago and illness could come back or secondary effects- lost touch about 4 1/2 years ago]. With so many things that happened to me that year onward-- I didn't think I couldn't take the news of a loss like that ,should it be true. But I'm planning very soon to find out.

sigh, all I can do is say prayer for you, your loss & send you a deep e-hug :hug: .

If you want to talk about her here at some point...to celebrate what she was to you....go ahead

again, I'm sorry. Stay strong, and cry as much as you need to.....there's no shame or what ever in that for such a loss.

Verte..... :hug: :sad: I'm so sorry to hear this, Verte. Please accept my condolences. I'll be thinking of you and your friend, and her family. :hug:

We all react to things in different ways, so even though I lost a good friend a couple of years ago, I won't say I know what you are going through, but I do know that it hurts. I'm sorry for your loss. I will include you in my thoughts and prayers tonight.

Thanks everyone. I'm worried about her husband. Someone said that if you survive a loved one in an accident, you get "survivor's guilt". He was only mildly hurt and they released him. They had moved to another town in Alabama. I can only imagine the hell he's going through right now. He's got alot of support. The guy who won the fighting tournament at the event sent him his prize. A scribe is making a special memorial scroll. We will be OK, we just have to go through the grieving process.

Verte, I hope this little prayer can give you some comfort. :hug:

"Do not cry if you love me"

Death is nothing at all.
I have simply slipped away into the next room.
I am I and you are you.
Whatever we were for each other, that we are still.
Call me by the old familiar name.
Speak to me in the easy way which you always used.
Put no difference into your tone,
Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow.
Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together.
Play, smile, think of me, pray for me.
Let my name be ever the household word it always was,
Let it be spoken without effect, without the ghost of a shadow on it.
Life means all that it ever meant.
It is the same as it ever was: there is absolutely unbroken continuity.
Why should I be out of mind,
Because I am out of sight?
I am but waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near, just around the corner....
All is well.....
You will find my heart again, you will rediscover its pure affection.
Dry your tears and do not cry if you love me."

Saint Augustine

bawling2.gif

That's such a tragic and upsetting story. I'm very sorry. :( :hug: :hug:

Back
Top Bottom