RSOC #237 - Casual Tuesday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Merc said:
Well, it was nothing much, but still...

Nothing much?? :no:

That's more than I could handle! I had a big enough reaction/squealfest to Bibien's video of Adam meeting fans in Germany, I can't imagine it happening to me :faint:

Aww, Kaf you know:adam: has enough love for us all...Thank you for sharing your expereince Merc, that must have been an awesome day for you!!:drool:

*mental note, stalk back entrance of hotel when others are distracted by :bono:

Thanks girls! :hug:

Carmelu2fan said:
Thank you for sharing your expereince Merc, that must have been an awesome day for you!!:drool:

Yeah, it was! :D Poor Lemonboy had to listen to my "You saw that? He smiled and waved at me, Adam Clayton, at me, smiled and waved and everything! Adam Clayton!" :hyper: :blahblah: for the rest of the day! :lol:

Carmelu2fan said:
*mental note, stalk back entrance of hotel when others are distracted by :bono:

:yes: :wink:

kafrun said:
Nothing much?? :no:

I know, I put that wrong, sorry :reject: (I know there are fans that never have seen the guys) - I just meant that I didn't talk to him or anything like that...

kafrun said:
That's more than I could handle! I had a big enough reaction/squealfest to Bibien's video of Adam meeting fans in Germany, I can't imagine it happening to me :faint:

I've learned two golden rules about meeting the guys - don't get all over-:hyper: and scream and shout at them plus treat them (and other fans!) with respect... if you can focus on those two things (and not on :faint:! :wink: ) it will get you very, very far! :D

Merc said:
I've learned two golden rules about meeting the guys - don't get all over-:hyper: and scream and shout at them plus treat them (and other fans!) with respect... if you can focus on those two things (and not on :faint:! :wink: ) it will get you very, very far! :D

I think you're very right :yes: I think I could be very well-behaved, I'd just be DYING inside :lol: :coocoo:

Merc said:
Thanks girls! :hug:

Yeah, it was! :D Poor Lemonboy had to listen to my "You saw that? He smiled and waved at me, Adam Clayton, at me, smiled and waved and everything! Adam Clayton!" :hyper: :blahblah: for the rest of the day! :lol:

:yes: :wink:

I will be gald to listen to you :blahblah: all day long about Adam. I went on about Adam like that to my boyfriend at the last concert. Perhaps that was not the smartest thing to do:| He gets totally pissed whenever U2 is mention now:uhoh:

^^ good to know I'm not alone, Merc :wink:

Casual you say? I've got your casual right here, baby :drool:
Adam_Clayton.jpg

53fe839e.jpg

2005-06-13_pic_0082.jpg

eb4f36e8.jpg

dc51c5db.jpg

Verrrrrrrry casual(I'lluseanyexcusetopostthispic)
1adamsuzie6.jpg

Re: Thanks!

Merc said:

That wouldn't be very hard, actually I'm already halfway there! :shifty:

I don't need many more convincing remarks after the combined :laugh:/:D/:sexywink: I got from Adam last summer! :wink :

Merc that is a GREAT Adam story :heart:

He is SO sweet and easy going, and he seems to genuinely still enjoy the chance to interact a bit with fans. As you say, so long as they don't get too worked up. I can imagine that would be a bit annoying, if the tables were turned, trying to talk to someone who was staring at you mutely and maybe drooling a little, or squealing incoherently :lol:

As much as I've waffled back and forth undecided whether I'm a Larry girl or an Adam girl, I know, deep down my heart is all about Adam. He was so sweet and friendly, and just an absolutely charming man. :heart:

I get the feeling he understands the people who are fans of the band in a way a lot of celebrities don't even try to. Or maybe it's just that basic politeness he has which I've heard so many other people comment on over the years.

Carmel and Scha :lol: Thank you so much for your support and enthusiasm :hug: I'm on the second revision of my novel (which is a fantasy/adventure) and working on a second novel as well as several short story submissions. I hope to be submitting work soon, but to be honest I've been scared to do it. I doubt I would ever have had the courage before I started posting here and met the girls here who've been so supportive. :heart:

kafrun said:
Verrrrrrrry casual(I'lluseanyexcusetopostthispic)
1adamsuzie6.jpg

:lol: This pics has been posted in every RSOC-thread ever since it was found, hasn't it? :D

(Not that I'm complaining! :combust: )

Re: Re: Thanks!

Sad_Girl said:
Merc that is a GREAT Adam story :heart:

He is SO sweet and easy going, and he seems to genuinely still enjoy the chance to interact a bit with fans. As you say, so long as they don't get too worked up. I can imagine that would be a bit annoying, if the tables were turned, trying to talk to someone who was staring at you mutely and maybe drooling a little, or squealing incoherently :lol:

Thanks! :hug:

... and :yes:

I acutally tried sort of "having the tables turned" while I was in Kenya - especially the children were crazy about me, because I was white (the majority of them had never seen white people before!)...

Sometiímes I could have half a primary or secondary school (50 students or more) running towards me, screaming and laughing, all wanting to talk with me and shake my hand - quite an exerience when you're not used to being famous! :laugh: And every day, when I was walking up and down the main road in our (very!) small rural town, people (not only the children) were looking at me, waveing, shouting "Hello Sister!" or something like that...

You can't go around being ":D" every day for 3 months (especially not when you're that far away from home all on your own!), but I always tried to be polite to everyone who wanted to meet me or said hello (even though some of the students could be a bit too :hyper:!), because I have learned how important that is from my own few U2 meetings/sightings... I'm not trying to compared myself to Bono or any of the guys, but by meeting them and seeing and feeling how important it is for me and how happy it makes me that they just take a minute to :wave: or :D at me or other fans, I learned how important it was that I did the same to these people who wanted to talk to me or greet me (I hope this makes sense?)!

Sometimes I wish that the fans that can't control themselves, screams and shouts, and push other fans around (or whatever people will do to try and get the attention of the band), could try and have the table turned!

Last edited:
It must have been a unique experience for you, Merc! I'm sure I would feel it is crazy that people who are exactly the same as me except the colour of our skin - which is really not a big thing - act like that, like I am some kind of magician or from some higher region....

And you are right that it is similar what the boys get from fans. They may think: "Hey, we are regular, normal guys, like you are, only we can play instruments...so why the hell are you screaming??? ".... Of course, there are some so called "stars" who think they literally came from heaven, but U2 has never been like that. They said many times they still think of themselves as fans of music and other musicians. So I guess that's why they can connect to us very easily.

And, I think, having the table turned in all the territories of life, would make this world a much better place.... Your signature always reminds me of that song by Sting, called Another Day with this line: we' re survivors of a game of chance....

Ok, I shut up, let the pictures rule! :D

Back
Top Bottom