RSOC #232: Birth of the Cool

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scha

Acrobat
This is Tuesday here, and I definitely need tons of pics of our man to cheer me up. So sorry for being impatient and not waiting till someone else started, but here it is.

Miles Davis wasn't totally right. "Cool" might have had a beginning in 1957 with his legendary album, but it wasn't fully alive and kicking till 13 March 1960. More evidence needed!

3110.jpg

4835.jpg

2535.jpg

:drool::drool::drool:

:shifty: Ooh, maybe I should pick myself up off the ground and post some pics..

But Adam is too cool, even for this thread :giggle:
whateveradam.gif

Cool:
an aesthetic of comportment, demeanor, motion, physical appearance and style. A term of social distinction. It can be defined variously as:
-fearless self-possession in the face of danger,
-self control
-imperturbable
-fashionable

From the beginning of the nineteenth century, that referred to somebody who was assured, audacious or impudent. From the middle fourties it meant something sophisticated or fashionable. From the fifties cool could variously mean restrained, relaxed, laid-back, detached, cerebral, stylish, excellent, or other affirmative things. It became the keyword of the Beat generation.

Cool is given 3 properties
"The act of discovering what's cool is what causes cool to move on"
"Cool cannot be manufactured, only observed"
"Cool can only be observed by those who are themselves cool"

:nerd: Yeah, I know, it was long, but I do believe that we, Adam-girls have to be not only beautiful and classy but smart as well to match the object of our admiration.... :wink:

So all the above described things in practice...:
3956.jpg

4700.jpg

4596.jpg

Back
Top Bottom