RRHoF Part 2.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
da9fabbf.jpg

01435fbf.jpg

u2granny said:
I have absolutely no idea what has already been posted. Forgive duplicates, please.

I've not exactly been systematic in my posting:reject: -it's been more ooohhhh like that one!:wink:

I'm not going to worry about grabbing and posting dupes. It's too hard to keep track with the amount of pictures there are and to go back and forth is too much work, esp. during lunch at work! :p

So if we post dupes, it's okay. Everyone will enjoy them.

larryrrhof2-vi.jpg

larryrrhof-vi.jpg

the blogger finally updated :)

Out they come.

Bono accuses Bruce of being Irish, the gift of gab: "it's an Irish night - Paddy Sledge, the O'Jays"

"Rock and roll is a music of revenge, so make your enemies interesting"

"But no enemies tonight."

"The music biz should take a good look at itself - there would be no U2 today because we would have been dropped after our second album"

"Do not pick a fight with someone who lives by eye-hand coordination - very dangerous man, the Edge."

The Edge speaks: U2 has avoided being total crap, and typical, ordinary, and not become a parody of yourself. The first time he saw Spinal Tap he didn't laugh, he wept - it was too close.

But for all of that rock 'n' roll is really amazing stuff, magic, it can change your life, it changed ours.

He thanks producers Steve Lillywhite, Eno, Daniel Lanois, Flood, Jimmy Iovine, thanks management, mom and dad, his band mates, making a space as we all wait for magic to happen.

Larry speaks, he thanks Sex Pistols, Roxy Music, Patti Smith, Television.

Adam mentions his first bass, or as he thought of it, "the guitar with four strings." He thanks the many who have helped.

Bruce introduces them:

"Until the End of the World" - The Edge rages in his outwardly peaceful manner, Bono sings almost conversationally, then wanders in the crowd - even here he is a rock star among rock stars. He shakes up a champagne bottle and sprays it on the civilians.

Bono summons the crowd to its collective feet - it obeys.

"Pride (In the Name of Love)" - closeup on Bono's trademark shades (maybe he has pink eye or something). It feels like the anthem that it was made to be - the Edge gives trong vocal support, they cut the song off with "I believe in the promised land" in homage to Bruce.

Almost a capella opening to "I Still Haven't Found What Found What I'm Looking For" - after the quiet opening the thundering rhythm thunders even more starkly. Bono summons Bruce, who sings "I believe in the kingdom come ..." in his ragged Bruce voice, the juxtaposition is moving as hell.

"Vertigo," much discussed, must of course be played! "Uno, dos, tres, catorce ... "

As great as it all is, the crowd in Cleveland is pretty beat at 12:49, trying to move and respond appropriately, but the spirit seems to be more willing than the body. There is much movement in place but relatively little commitment of the feet - it's late, man.

They and we are done - thanks for reading, should be a pretty great highlights show on VH1.

Thank you so much to everyone who's posted pics.. they are stunning!!

Im off to wireimage to see if i can find some more to upload now... damn, I knew that $10 would come in handy!!!!!

Jo.

"Do not pick a fight with someone who lives by eye-hand coordination - very dangerous man, the Edge."

:lol:

Thanks Nurse Chrissy :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom