RRHoF Part 2.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Miroslava said:
Mel, sorry you couldnt be there for the excitement... I know technically you are supposed to be happy for Matt, but I think you could be forgiven if you were to be a little jealous :wink:

:wave: everyone

I AM HAPPY FOR MATT, just angry with every choice i've made this year....it's a real long story...and it ends w/my bad decision to move to la in july and being stuck here tonight. :( i'm not pouting i have had the worse year of my life, and matt's the best thing that's come out of it. i'm just really upset he allied w/claudia, and how he's handling his calls to me. i know he can't be on the phone for long, but come'on this is ridiculous, and i have been working so much i'm sick and haven't slept and if i don't hear soon i won't be able to sleep, ya know?!

btw, why did the other thread get shut? is that my fault? sorry i let one slip! oops...

HowthGirl said:

Yo, VintagePunk! Man, Bummer! Your daughter is totally strict!

Kids never get how music NEEDS to be up loud to be enjoyed!

:lol: that's a running joke between us....I've never asked her to turn her music down (we have very similar tastes)...but at times she asks me to.

We're pretty much the contradiction of the parent/child relationship. :)

nurse chrissi said:
Beli - Adam pic:D
52418096.jpg

Thank you!!!!!1!!1! :combust:

VintagePunk said:

We're pretty much the contradiction of the parent/child relationship. :)

My mom and I are like that sometimes. Although I never have to tell her to turn down her Frank Sinatra!

popbellydancer said:

I AM HAPPY FOR MATT, just angry with every choice i've made this year....it's a real long story...and it ends w/my bad decision to move to la in july and being stuck here tonight. :( i'm not pouting i have had the worse year of my life, and matt's the best thing that's come out of it. i'm just really upset he allied w/claudia, and how he's handling his calls to me. i know he can't be on the phone for long, but come'on this is ridiculous, and i have been working so much i'm sick and haven't slept and if i don't hear soon i won't be able to sleep, ya know?!

btw, why did the other thread get shut? is that my fault? sorry i let one slip! oops...

mel, the thread just got closed down cuz it reached the maximum...not cuz of you silly!!

NEW YORK (AP) -- Three decades after forming in a Dublin high school and still on top of the music world, U2 was ushered into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on Monday, joined by the O'Jays, Percy Sledge, The Pretenders and Buddy Guy.

Appearing after the true rock 'n' roll hour of midnight, U2 was inducted by Bruce Springsteen, who recalled going with the Who's Pete Townshend to check out the competition in a club when U2 was coming up.

"This was a band that wanted to lay claim to this world and the next one, too," Springsteen said.

When he's not haggling with politicians over Third World debt, U2's Bono can sing a pretty mean rock 'n' roll song. The Irish quartet, which is quickly selling out arenas for a fall concert tour, is one of those rare acts still at the forefront of the music scene at the time of its induction.

Bono, The Edge, Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen Jr. won a best rock performance Grammy last month for "Vertigo." U2 hasn't lost its creative edge since forming as Dublin teenagers, starting with rock anthems like "Sunday Bloody Sunday," exploring American roots music, performing introspective ballads like "One" and reaching the top with "Beautiful Day."

Springsteen poked fun at Bono, "jeans designer, soon-to-be world bank operator, just plain operator, seller of the Brooklyn bridge ... soon to be the mastermind of the Bono burger franchise."

"One of the best and most endearingly naked messianic complexes in rock 'n' roll," Springsteen said. "It takes one to know one."

Retorted Bono: "Born in the USA, my ass. That man was born on the north side of Dublin."

Bono told stories about each of his fellow band members, and they all hugged.

"It's an amazing thing to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame feeling like this, feeling like you're putting out your first album," he said.

popbellydancer said:

Threads get closed once they reach 500 posts... server issues, so no worries...

:hug:

I suck at the hurray ra ra all will work out in the end speeches, so I wont give you one (trust me, it is better this way. Just know that I am sending good thoughts and vibes :wink:

nurse chrissi said:
NEW YORK (AP) -- Three decades after forming in a Dublin high school and still on top of the music world, U2 was ushered into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on Monday, joined by the O'Jays, Percy Sledge, The Pretenders and Buddy Guy.

Appearing after the true rock 'n' roll hour of midnight, U2 was inducted by Bruce Springsteen, who recalled going with the Who's Pete Townshend to check out the competition in a club when U2 was coming up.

"This was a band that wanted to lay claim to this world and the next one, too," Springsteen said.

When he's not haggling with politicians over Third World debt, U2's Bono can sing a pretty mean rock 'n' roll song. The Irish quartet, which is quickly selling out arenas for a fall concert tour, is one of those rare acts still at the forefront of the music scene at the time of its induction.

Bono, The Edge, Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen Jr. won a best rock performance Grammy last month for "Vertigo." U2 hasn't lost its creative edge since forming as Dublin teenagers, starting with rock anthems like "Sunday Bloody Sunday," exploring American roots music, performing introspective ballads like "One" and reaching the top with "Beautiful Day."

Springsteen poked fun at Bono, "jeans designer, soon-to-be world bank operator, just plain operator, seller of the Brooklyn bridge ... soon to be the mastermind of the Bono burger franchise."

"One of the best and most endearingly naked messianic complexes in rock 'n' roll," Springsteen said. "It takes one to know one."

Retorted Bono: "Born in the USA, my ass. That man was born on the north side of Dublin."

Bono told stories about each of his fellow band members, and they all hugged.

"It's an amazing thing to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame feeling like this, feeling like you're putting out your first album," he said.

Awwwwww! :hug: :hug:

Sniff!!!

I love them!!!!!!!!!!

That is so awesome! I am so proud of them!!!!!
:hug: :bono: :adam: :edge: :larry: :hug:

Palace_Hero said:
belly dancer, has this Matt chap filled you in with exactly what songs were played?

NOT YET...THAT'S ANOTHER THING ....AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

SOMEONE SHOOT ME PLEASE....HE'S IN SOOOOOO MUCH TROUBLE FOR THIS LACK OF QUICK INFO!!!!

NO SEX FOR HIM IN SAN DIEGO!!! (fyi, we're long-distance at the moment, he's supposed to move here in july!)

popbellydancer said:

NOT YET...THAT'S ANOTHER THING ....AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

SOMEONE SHOOT ME PLEASE....HE'S IN SOOOOOO MUCH TROUBLE FOR THIS LACK OF QUICK INFO!!!!

NO SEX FOR HIM IN SAN DIEGO!!! (fyi, we're long-distance at the moment, he's supposed to move here in july!)

this just in,

until the end of the world, pride, still haven't found, and vertigo
in that order...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom