Rock n' Roll hall of fame?!?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They can be inducted 25 years after their first album's release. So that would mean they would be eligible in 2005, I believe. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong on the year...

*edited cause I can't spell fer shite

Last edited:
You are right on the money...2005 it is.

The Rock and Roll hall of fame has a big U2 exhibit that is perminant...and they have some of the trabbies...

In OHIO...where rock and roll rules the streets... :shrug:

FishNeedsABicycle said:

The Rock and Roll hall of fame has a big U2 exhibit that is perminant...and they have some of the trabbies...

Have you been? I've wanted to go since the place opened but haven't gotten around to it yet. I just love seeing old costumes and hand-written lyrics and general rock relics, very cool.

FishNeedsABicycle said:

They have Bono's outfits and a glass case full of u2 shtuff- incl. the award they won in limerick in 1978, the fisrt U2 shirt made by larry, and more (i saw it, but couldn't take pics:( ANYWAYS- In the late fall their main exhibit will be of u2- I mean BIG exhibit! One of the guys who worked there told me, and said that morning he was holding edge's #7 shirt and his boots :drool: :drool: So i'm dying to go back to cleveland..which takes em...8 and a half hours from here noooooo

Jam Jar said:

They have Bono's outfits and a glass case full of u2 shtuff- incl. the award they won in limerick in 1978, the fisrt U2 shirt made by larry, and more (i saw it, but couldn't take pics:( ANYWAYS- In the late fall their main exhibit will be of u2- I mean BIG exhibit! One of the guys who worked there told me, and said that morning he was holding edge's #7 shirt and his boots :drool: :drool: So i'm dying to go back to cleveland..which takes em...8 and a half hours from here noooooo

Why couldn't you take pictures? Is it not allowed?

madonna's child said:

You down on Ohio, Fishy? I'm going to college in Ohio. :eyebrow: :|

:p

Hey MC...I have nothing against Ohio in general...it's just that when Mona and I were originally discussing the R&R HoF we were like "surely it's in like california or NY" places that seem to have a big music community...but no...it's in Ohio...and that just kind of blew us away with the randomness...

Remember this...

334%3B456%3B23232%7Ffp65%3Dot%3E2326%3D7%3B%3C%3D583%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3C6988478ot1lsi

Well anyway...LOL...just foolin with you...all in good fun...

*cheers*

I have been there! It's full of U2 stuff! There is one display dating back to the 70's! There is more on U2 than most band already inducted! They have all those tour costumes from the 90's. I touched the MacPhisto suit, you weren't supposed to but I had to see how it felt! They made you check your camera in the coat room so you couldn't take pics, that sucks. I got one pic of me standing under the trabbies:

(old man was just passing by)

334%3B456%3B23232%7Ffp36%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3A94%3D599%3DXROQDF%3E232327348%3A%3B76ot1lsi

more trabbies:

334%3B456%3B23232%7Ffp35%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3A94%3D599%3DXROQDF%3E232327348%3A%3B74ot1lsi

Outside of the building, very cool.

334%3B456%3B23232%7Ffp36%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3A94%3D599%3DXROQDF%3E232327348%3A%3B77ot1lsi

I had planned to take lots of cool pics of the U2 stuff and post it here but they do take your camera :( :mad:

It's fifteen dollars to get in, if you think it's worth it.

Last edited:
That sucks that you can't take pictures! I know that in art museums you aren't allowed to use a flash because it could damage the art or whatever, but no pictures at all seems a little harsh. Do they at least have a healthy amount of post cards for sale or coffee table books or something?

dsmith2904 said:
That sucks that you can't take pictures! I know that in art museums you aren't allowed to use a flash because it could damage the art or whatever, but no pictures at all seems a little harsh. Do they at least have a healthy amount of post cards for sale or coffee table books or something?

Yes it does suck! They said it was because certain artists who donated items did so with the condition that they not be photographed by fans. I bet U2 was not one of them, they don't even care if you take pics at shows as long as you don't flash their eyes.

There are no cool coffee table books or postcards that I saw. The gift shop had lots of t-shirts, and only one was worth buying. Most of them had lame drawings or symbols on them, but the one I got my son had a pic of the outside of the building on front and a list of all the inducted artists by year on back. It's cool. I got my daughter a pink one with the lame drawings of a musical note and record on it, it was the only small enough or 'girly' one they had.

There were some postcards and I got a few fridge magnets with pics of the outside of the building on them. We were VERY disappointed there were no cool things with pics of bands on them, not when I was there last August, not that I saw. There was a bunch of lame stuff with 'rock and roll hall of fame' written on them, like a stuffed guitar or drum, but nothing directly relating to artists. I guess they didn't want to share any of the profits with any of the bands, or they'd fight each other or something. Bottom line is, gift shop was a bummer:grumpy:

GypsyHeartgirl said:

There were some postcards and I got a few fridge magnets with pics of the outside of the building on them. We were VERY disappointed there were no cool things with pics of bands on them, not when I was there last August, not that I saw. There was a bunch of lame stuff with 'rock and roll hall of fame' written on them, like a stuffed guitar or drum, but nothing directly relating to artists. I guess they didn't want to share any of the profits with any of the bands, or they'd fight each other or something. Bottom line is, gift shop was a bummer:grumpy:

What a rip!!! Oh well, I still way want to go so I can see all the cool rock stuff there.

I nearly cried when I saw the shirt larry made

FishNeedsABicycle said:

Yep, I've been to the HOF and am making a return hopefully later on this year with Lady Lemon. :lemon:

About the location....there is a story of how R & R did originate in Ohio, seriously. :) I'm not exactly sure how it goes, but Kristina may know it (I think she was the one who actually told me!).

Cleveland rocks!!! :cool:

GypsyHeartgirl said:
I touched the MacPhisto suit, you weren't supposed to but I had to see how it felt!

I want to touch the MacPhisto suit for myself :evil: :mac: :macdevil: :yes:

Bono: "umm..stephanie...you can touch the Mac suit if you'll just let me take it off first"
Me: "Yeah well....I don't think that's going to work out, so if you'll please just hold still." :evil:

Last edited:
When I went there I thought it was so confusing! All the halls were uphill, downhill, twisty and narrow. Iit was so easy to get lost. We had a hard time finding anything, or finding it again once we left it or finding each other. It was like a maze!

I'd love to go to the RRHOF some time! $15 is kind of a rip-off, but I'm intrigued by music memorabilia, especially U2 stuff of course. If they are having a special U2 exhibit in the fall I'll definitely have to get my ass over there. Time for a PLEBA field trip! :D

It's too bad about the cameras. Too bad I don't have any James Bond-esque spy equipment like glasses that are really a camera, etc.

Back
Top Bottom